PDA

View Full Version : SRP parking brake block off plate?

Freestylemxr
01-28-2005, 08:08 PM
I just got a SRP parking brake block off plate for my yfz450 and i tried to put it on and when i was screwing in the bolts when I screwed them in about 3/4 of the way they woudn't screw in anymore, anyone else have this problem? or now how to fix it? thanks

chazekxt
01-28-2005, 08:18 PM
i had one on my z 400 worked great.

CFM Performance
01-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Maybe this could be your problem?
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53841

swampfoxsc
01-29-2005, 07:38 PM
Blockoff plates are generally a universal design. Instead of drilling the plate, chop off some of the pin on the brake piston. If you never plan on reinstalling the parking brake, that's the way to go. Just don't cut off too much.

Quad18star
01-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Freestylemxr
I just got a SRP parking brake block off plate for my yfz450 and i tried to put it on and when i was screwing in the bolts when I screwed them in about 3/4 of the way they woudn't screw in anymore, anyone else have this problem? or now how to fix it? thanks

Are you using the original screws off of the parking brake or screws they supplied you with ?? If it's the originals , that's your problem . Go down to a hardware store and buy screws that are 1/4 inch shorter . :p It's what I had to do with my White Brothers plate when I tried using the originals screws .