PDA

View Full Version : Paul Harvey's 'news' dissin quads

AndreS
01-28-2005, 07:34 PM
was listening to a Paul Harvey 'news' report today when he stated something to the effect of: " ATV's continue to grow in popolarity, even though they kill 2 people a day'

I did a web search on his name, found his website & wrote them an email:
"For many years i've liked you as a broadcaster, but today I've seen your true colors come through... or those that write for you. I was listening to your 'news' today when you made a comment about ATV's that really wasn't fair. It was something to the effect of them killing two persons a day.... and while it may be true, you failed to make comparisons to many other activities that kill far more people every day. You also failed to mention that the result of increased polularity & the injury rate means.... a lesser percentage of the users are getting hurt.... and it continues to decline.
finally, why not just state that 92% of these fatalities are from people not obeying the basic warnings on the machines themselves... the machine is NOT to blame, it's not going to jump up & kill you by itself.
I have the facts if you want them on this topic.
I'm an avid ATV rider & enthusiast, the sport continues to grow and become safer inspite of the efforts of those who oppose it.
It's shameful for a jounalist of your caliber to not report the WHOLE STORY. "

here's a link to a thread containing some true ATV statistics (http://www.omra-online.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=462) ..... it's a great read, and something every ATV rider & enthusiast should know- the truth.

MXRACER86
01-28-2005, 07:37 PM
I totally agree! :macho How dou you like you GAS GAS300hp? Is it good for motocross? Aren't they over 50 inches?

AndreS
01-28-2005, 07:43 PM
the gasser's better at GP stuff... it works great for WORCS type races, but does OK at MX too... now lets stay on topic.

that was on the noon 'news' on the radio of a conservative talk station today.... it just got me steamed. :mad: :grr:

muddy400EX
01-28-2005, 07:45 PM
thats cool that you wrote to them. im so sick of seeing things on the news talking bad about ATV's. just like your said, it dont just do things by it self. like larry the cable guy said"blaming guns for killing people is like blaming missed spelled words on my pencil":o

JOEX
01-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Nice work Andre, I wonder if he'll tell 'the rest of the story'.....

markk
01-28-2005, 08:54 PM
They wont ever cross there words man, He gets paid to say what his bosses want him to say, And they get told by the owners that he needs to say, And then ontop of that the FCC even gets to limit what can/can't be said. Its all messed up if u ask me!

P.s. I also think the FCC is SCR*Wing Howards Stearn!

JUSTINcredible
01-28-2005, 09:44 PM
how many ppl die in car accidents each day? maybe we should all stop driving cars and walk to work each day?

jvd182
01-29-2005, 07:27 AM
its like those gay reader digest articles on it....

bulkdriverlp
01-29-2005, 08:30 AM
yea i heard that too! sucked, paul harvey sucks ***

Aceman
01-29-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by AndreS
was listening to a Paul Harvey 'news' report today when he stated something to the effect of: " ATV's continue to grow in popularity, even though they kill 2 people a day'

Yeah, right when I heard that I was wondering if he was going to explain himself. Saying it was caused by inexperienced riders on machines to large for them, not wearing helmets, etc. but he didn't. I though it was a pretty cheap jab at the atv industry.

99TRDTaco
01-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Hey, keep us informed on what happens.

JTRtrx250r
01-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by AndreS
was listening to a Paul Harvey 'news' report today when he stated something to the effect of: " ATV's continue to grow in popolarity, even though they kill 2 people a day'

I did a web search on his name, found his website & wrote them an email:
"For many years i've liked you as a broadcaster, but today I've seen your true colors come through... or those that write for you. I was listening to your 'news' today when you made a comment about ATV's that really wasn't fair. It was something to the effect of them killing two persons a day.... and while it may be true, you failed to make comparisons to many other activities that kill far more people every day. You also failed to mention that the result of increased polularity & the injury rate means.... a lesser percentage of the users are getting hurt.... and it continues to decline.
finally, why not just state that 92% of these fatalities are from people not obeying the basic warnings on the machines themselves... the machine is NOT to blame, it's not going to jump up & kill you by itself.
I have the facts if you want them on this topic.
I'm an avid ATV rider & enthusiast, the sport continues to grow and become safer inspite of the efforts of those who oppose it.
It's shameful for a jounalist of your caliber to not report the WHOLE STORY. "

here's a link to a thread containing some true ATV statistics (http://www.omra-online.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=462) ..... it's a great read, and something every ATV rider & enthusiast should know- the truth. Good man Andre!!!:cool: Glad you told them how it is!:cool: ;)

lukester720
01-29-2005, 11:51 PM
Let us know if he replys, I would like to hear more!;)

AndreS
01-30-2005, 12:42 AM
guys... follow this link to give him feedback yourself!!!

Paul Harvey email feedback (http://www.paulharvey.com/email_form.shtml)

I seriously doubt he returns the email.

asfaltsurfer1
01-30-2005, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by JUSTINcredible
how many ppl die in car accidents each day? maybe we should all stop driving cars and walk to work each day?

Better yet, I would guarantee more people die each day *walking* to work than riding quads. Especially considering the high crime areas within most major cities.