PDA

View Full Version : got a 450r- problems already (jetting air fuel ect. rcty. ect.

1BAD4HUNDI
01-28-2005, 06:03 PM
hey guys, I got a 450 today. it was used and was bought from the dealership.
the problem is that the quad originally had the hrc kit but it was removed.
so the beginning problem was that it had a 118 juet in it with the open lid that they left on. we changed to my old stock lid and it was better but still it will bog down and die when you give it full throttle. what could the problem be ?
the first thing that is suspect is the plug. when we pulled it and checke it out it showed very lean. what im not sure of is what does the electrode look like on these things ? is the electrode super skinny as in about twice the diameter of a pin. . also what is the stock setting on the air fuel screw ? could they have changed back from the hrc and not touched the air fuel screw ?
could they have put the cam in out of time ?
i mainly need to know what the stock air fuel setting is and then maybe i can go fropm there. what else could they have done ?
mike

01-28-2005, 06:15 PM
take that thang back to them and demand if they fix it..if they wont call hondas 1-800 number and report the dealership

jeepnrocks
01-28-2005, 06:35 PM
hey mike,
im 4hundi's buddy. we could definitely take it back and they would definitely fix it. what probably happened was one of the little punk mechanics down there raped thehrc kit from the quad and just thought that the 118 jet would be fine to stick back in there. the only problem is neither one of us want those monkey working on our bikes anymore. i gotmy hrc kit installed there and the bone heads dropped the cam chain down into the case, stripped the screws in my gas tank and cracked my front fender. so yes it would be easier to take it back and its so frustrating that dealertships let this crap go on but we would rather just bite the bullet and get it running correctly ourselves instead of letting those butchersw tear into it :)
man i cant type anymore because im gettn jackled just thinkn about all the little punk lookn techs walkn around down there gosh i hate stealerships

HAVOK
01-28-2005, 06:41 PM
What dealer is this? I hope not Tomclark.

KEVIN
01-28-2005, 06:52 PM
it sounds as if they did not change back the needle or all the larger tubesat motor and air bos this would definitely affecxt your main try a 125 or 130 with the lid on and see what happens. you know to just loosen carb up and spin to change the main right.or take lid off and run around a 180 main dont touch mix screw.

HAVOK
01-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Also I have all the stock stuff takin from my 450 when the kit was intalled. It is all new, I had the kit installed from day one. If you guys need anything from it PM me. I 'am not to far from you guys.

1BAD4HUNDI
01-28-2005, 07:14 PM
unfortunately it was tom clark which is a shame because the salesman that sold us our bikes is a very nice guy. the head tech and a few others are pretty cool as well but i think they need their tech staff revamped as their is no way in hell that you should buy a bike off of a dealership and spend all night working on it. oh well i guess youll have that...

HAVOK
01-28-2005, 11:31 PM
That is bad news, take it up there I think they will take care of it. Did you talk to them?

speedfreaksguy
01-29-2005, 09:21 AM
They may have had it running good in their warm shop and then you take it out and the temperature is like 40 degrees cooler. Is the HRC endcap still on your silencer?? Fatten up that main jet a bit.

jeepnrocks
01-29-2005, 10:48 AM
the way it was running wouldnt have made a difference if it was in their shop outside on a roof nowhere !!
Until we actually put a sytock lid on it would barely start. we finally figured out that it was the hrc intake causing the problems. he put my stock intake on and it runs fine.
can you believe they took the hrc kit out of a quad and never tested it to see if it ran. when we had it started in the parking lot i pulled it up a little bit then just went around very slowly to pull it in. and i mean slow. If a tech would have done any kind of test whatsoever on this quad it would have been apparent that it was completely unuseable in its current condition

01-29-2005, 03:41 PM
im telling ya....call hondas 1-800 number and tell them your problem and how disgusted you are...u might be able to call better business bureau too

Jonas
01-29-2005, 09:18 PM
Just take it back. Don't call 911 yet.

01-29-2005, 09:24 PM
when i first got mine i tried taking the SNORKLE out an found that it is jetted so lean it would face plant at full throtle:eek2: put it back and it was fine. thats how they got it leagle in cali. if u don't have the snorl\kle it needs to be jetted up .

1BAD4HUNDI
02-01-2005, 11:14 AM
I got it running right saturday, I put jeepnrocks's stock air box lid and snorkel on it and it runs great now! i also went back to Tom Clark and flipped out on them for selling a bike that doesn't run, after going rounds with them about what they could do they ended up throwing in a free $100 PRM swingarm skid!

400exrider707
02-01-2005, 01:18 PM
never hurts to say anything. What the worst that could have happened? They could have said no and you wouldn't have been out anything!? Glad to see you got something out of it though.

jeepnrocks
02-01-2005, 01:21 PM
who flipped out on them ?
:blah: :devil: :D :D