PDA

View Full Version : AC Pro Peg?(NOT how to put on)

BigGun400EX
04-29-2002, 07:03 PM
Sometimes comming down off a jump a noise comes from the footpeg area of the pro pegs. Sounds like it broke or somethin, pretty loud. But there in perfect shape, no cracks or nothing every time I check. I was wondering if it was because of the play in how they slide over the black peg studs? Any help would be apericated!

Juggalo
04-29-2002, 08:07 PM
its probably your fenders hitting against your heel gaurds. mine did that and i trimmed a little plastic off the bottome of the fenders and it cured the problem.

BigGun400EX
04-29-2002, 08:27 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to mention I ani't put tha heal kicks on there.

OCCRA288
04-29-2002, 08:30 PM
you could drill a hole through the nerf and the black thing and blot them onto the black thing. it takes the play out of them.

04-30-2002, 04:51 PM
I noticed play in my pro pegs after installing them just a few days ago. The play was coming from where the nerf bars slide over the peg mount. If you look at the directions you are supposed to drill a hole straight down through the peg and steel mount and get it as tight as possible. I did that and they are as solid as a rock now.

BigGun400EX
04-30-2002, 05:15 PM
Straight down like through the part you put your foot on and down? And whit size bit/bolt you use? And just one a side do it?
-DP

05-01-2002, 08:37 AM
Yeah, you just drill a hole down through the part where you put your foot on and put a bolt through it. Just one on each side, but make sure you're going through the aluminum and steel, and when you go to tighten them, make sure you get them extremly tight becuase you want to pinch the aluminum against the steel. I'm not sure what size bolts to use cause mine came with bolts to use. I just drilled holes big enough for the bolts to fit through. In your case, you are just going to have to do the trial and eror method but you should definitly have bolts going through there. Let me know how you make out.

05-01-2002, 08:39 AM
when drilling the holes, I sugesst drilling small piolot holes so that the bigger bit goes through easier and to also get the right alignment.

BigGun400EX
05-01-2002, 11:24 AM
Thanks allot, now that I think about it I think when I got em a coupple bolts were left over. I just thought they were for the heal kicks and I didn't want them on there so I let them be. Mine came with instructions but it was poorly copied and you couldn't see a coupple steps at all. I'll wing it on the bolt size, do you remember if the were about the same diamater as the bolts that connect the front part to the engine mount? Anyway I'll do this to tha ol' 400 today and see how it works out. Thanks again.
-D.P.