PDA

View Full Version : truck problems

baker250r
01-28-2005, 03:41 PM
hey, i got a 89 silverado. and the engine loads up right after i start it, and it dies. then i gotta put the gas all teh way down and start it so it cleans out..... aka its flooded.... then after it cleans out, its fine. I changed the EGR valve yesterday and so now my chekc engine light doesnt come on... but it still loads up. another thing.... is when i ge ton the gas after like a stop light or somethin, it hessitates, and then takes off. almsot like its about to die, ut then takes off.... anybody know wahts wrong? ive tried alotta stuff.... cahnge plugs, wires, EGR valve by the way, its a 350 with EFI

meangreen400ex
01-28-2005, 03:49 PM
fuel filter

ThumPIN_450R
01-28-2005, 05:40 PM
fuel filter or fuel pump

Got nads?
01-28-2005, 06:29 PM
I agree, change out the fuel filter first, if that is not it, then your fuel pump is probabley shot!

bulkdriverlp
01-28-2005, 06:36 PM
yup thats right^^^

EPDP99
01-28-2005, 09:23 PM
definitaly change that stuff first but you may want to get the injectors tested. you may have one that leaks constantly.

baker250r
01-28-2005, 09:44 PM
first i should fill u in on a little story.... Once upon a time...... lol yesterday the egr valve flooded it out..... and i started it the way i always do when i flood it.... and then it backfired and flames shot out the intake and started the air filter on fire.... so it melted the injector slips with the wiring that clip on the tops of the injectors... would that hurt the injectors themselves? i took off the throttle body and cleaned it out anbd put in new gaskets along with the new EGR valve

mojoe2878
01-29-2005, 08:46 AM
go to a junk yard and get a the two injectors off a wrecked truck and the wiring harness too, that would be the best and cheapest way to fix that. the whole problem may be your injectors anyway. a friend of mine had a similar problem on his 88 with TBI and it was a broken injector.

baker250r
01-29-2005, 10:30 PM
ok, i think the stalling problem cleared itself up, but nwo my problem is the truck idles fairly high, and it has actually done that for a long time..... even b4 the fire happened. i checked all vacuum hoses, and no leakes. the EGR has been changed, and that didnt solve that problem, any other ideas? i knwo on carbs, u just turn a screw... but TBI is diff

cknox88
01-29-2005, 10:35 PM
um....mabye it is computer related? i am not shure but on the newer cars i think you have to set the idle by a scanner or a counseler 2 (sp)