PDA

View Full Version : Which Is Better A Pipe

shook
04-29-2002, 06:58 PM
I have narrowed it down to one of the two pipes which would be better.I have 425cc motor with tc racing cam and some port work on the head,Im going to put either a 41 or 39 fcr on it next and a pipe.I mainly ride a track but do some all around riding which would be the better pipe for my application the sparks x6 or the TC racing pipe(cannister) I need to make a decision give me some input!

04-30-2002, 04:50 PM
Check out this link. :blah

http://www.atvnews.com/output.cfm?id=30961

04-30-2002, 08:03 PM
They BOTH SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Gun Baby!!!!!!:devil

Dave400ex
04-30-2002, 08:39 PM
Big Gun Sucks. That`s a hard choice. They are both Good. I have the TC and like it a lot. It just makes the 400 very hard to keep Jetted Right. If the Temperature is 15 Degrees different it might need Re-Jetted. I love it though.

Chef
04-30-2002, 08:42 PM
Actually Terry Marcum said the newer big guns are the best out right now....but maybe you know more about it than him?

Dave400ex
04-30-2002, 08:45 PM
He didn`t Run the Race Pipes. I`m sure the Sparks, Hetricks, TC, and Duncan have more Power then Big Gun, but nobody knows for Sure. So just get a Pipe you like.

chris29
04-30-2002, 09:54 PM
If your are racing then get the TC pipe you will love it. and you can also get some disc for it when you go riding in the woods so it is not so loud and you don't make the neighboors mad.

Castor-426ex
04-30-2002, 10:40 PM
Big Gun Sucks??? Thats funny being that ive rode a lot of 400's with white brothers, fmf, ect, and none of them feel as tourqey as my big gun...dont dis something unless you have it...and if you do have it, perhaps your bike isnt set up properly....
I have nothing against other exhaust systems...it all depends on what you like...I like Yoshi pipes...lol but I couldnt afford em...so I tried Big Gun cause my mechanic uses it on his xr 400 in hare scrambles and he loves it...well Ive got It and I love it...Big Gun all the way

BornOnFire
04-30-2002, 10:53 PM
"To each, his own" We all like a new pipe on our bike, but, as in life, you must choose based on your personal preference. You got money? Buy the Yoshi, You wan't to have freedom to tune, Buy the E-Series, you want to race? buy the.....You get the point..... Asking that question here may get you more confused than before you even asked it! Take it all with a grain of salt ..... just buy the E-Series! j/k :D

:devil

Dave400ex
05-01-2002, 06:01 PM
I agree with BornOnFire. We could never agree on which Pipe is the Best. You just have to choose which one you like the Best. I liked the TC and got it. I really wanted a Engine Builders Pipe. Get what you Like and how Loud you want it to be.

330EXman
05-01-2002, 06:06 PM
get an LRD they are the best . If not get a CT they are really good too

Blake24
05-01-2002, 09:47 PM
WarriorMan..........is that TC pipe of yours on a Stock motor with just a filter????

Just wondering if you lost power when putting it on.......Tom strongly suggests getting atleast a cam with it......or on the dynos it shows a losss of power....

shook
05-01-2002, 11:35 PM
I know no one mentioned this pipe but I have heard nothing but good from evryone about them even Tom at tc said they were good pipes I guess i can tell you now sparks x6 on the way should be tomorrow

Honda Guy
05-02-2002, 02:37 PM
so the TC racing pipe uses your stock headder and you cut it down?

Desert Rat
05-02-2002, 03:08 PM
Big Gun won the 400ex all around pipe shoot out in Dirt Wheels last year. Those guys do their test riding head-to-head with the same test rider and bike and use the "same dyno" to get the "incremental difference" in addition to the riders opinion. Different dynos can tell different stories. I had already purchased a T4 setup for mine and I think it works great. All depends on what you want in looks and finish. They are all less restrictive than stock and should show a performance improvement. You can even remove the spark arrestor and drill some holes in the end of the stock silencer and see some freeby performance improvements if you want. Add a K&N power kit and remove the airbox lid "in all but the most extreme dust conditions" and you can wake up a stock engine for as little as $100.

Dave400ex
05-02-2002, 05:20 PM
Blake24, Yeah I just have the Pipe, K&N Filter, Outerwear, and Re-Jetted the Carb. Rather then that my Motor is Stock. Tom has never said anything to me about getting a Cam for the Best Gains. I want to do my Motor this Winter though. It sure didn`t feel like it Lost any Power. I really like the Bottom End Power it Added. Maybe it took some Power away up Top, but I wanted Bottom End and I got it.

Shook, Tom said the Sparks Pipe was Good? That is a Surprise.

Honda Guy, Yes you will use the Stock Header and Cut it 5-1/2 Inches Off.

ChadEXer
05-03-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
Big Gun Sucks??? Thats funny being that ive rode a lot of 400's with white brothers, fmf, ect, and none of them feel as tourqey as my big gun...dont dis something unless you have it...and if you do have it, perhaps your bike isnt set up properly....
I have nothing against other exhaust systems...it all depends on what you like...I like Yoshi pipes...lol but I couldnt afford em...so I tried Big Gun cause my mechanic uses it on his xr 400 in hare scrambles and he loves it...well Ive got It and I love it...Big Gun all the way
The old Big Guns SUCK!!!! I dont know about the newer ones,,I have heard they are better. I had a Big Gun on my old 416 and replaced it with a Yoshi and it made a Huge difference!!!

330EXman
05-03-2002, 12:30 PM
NO DIRT WHEELS TEST ARE VERY ACCUATE CAUSE MOST OF THERE CONCERN IS QUIET EXHAUST.

NOW THE OTHER HP BUT MOST IS SOND LEVELS AND A GOOD PIPE WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY BE LOUD TO MAKE THE MOST HP.

NOTICE HOW lrd IS NEVER IN THERE WHAT GIVES?

tc NORMALY WINS HP GAINS BUT THEY DONT WIN CAUSE THEY ARE LOUD.

05-03-2002, 02:04 PM
SPARKS X6

Dave400ex
05-03-2002, 05:03 PM
Just get a Good Pipe. Not to Loud, not to Quiet.

05-03-2002, 09:30 PM
Try the Hetrick's exhaust out.