PDA

View Full Version : Air Filters

4StrokeThunder
01-28-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm going to get a Dr. D full system here in a week or so and I wanted to know what you guys thought about different air filter options... I run XC and MX, but mostly XC and GNCC's so its either dusty or muddy... not very often is it perfect conditions as many of you know. I was thinking of going with a alum air box with a K&N and then my buddy said, no no... don't do that, it will alow too much crap in... He thought that I should get a Twin Air, Pro Design, or UNI and just put it into my stock box... The thought the foam filters were alot better for mud and dust... He said the K&N would be better if i was running sand or just MX. So what do you guys think? Should I just get an aftermarket foam filter and slap it in my stock box and run without the lid... and of course clean it after evey ride. Which foam filter is the best do you guys think? Twin Air, UNI, or Pro Design? Thanks for the help guys!

YZFER
01-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Ive always had problems with the K@N. Theyre great for cars but I think they let too much dirt in. Stick to the foam. Just my opinion.

mountaineer
01-28-2005, 04:59 PM
I use an airbox outerwear cover made by ehsracing. It's one of the best mods that I have ever bought. Goto www.ehsracing.com and check them out. You will probably want one. I also use a pro design air filter with no problems. Alot of my xc buddies use this cover.

RUTHLESS
01-29-2005, 12:23 AM
I'M ON A BUDGET SO I RUN A UNI FILTER
WITH A MSR/PC FILTER SKIN(ITS LIKE A SOCK OVER YOUR FILTER)
WITH A 4X4 INCH HOLE IN THE AIRBOX LID
I ALSO USE A FURNACE FILTER CUT UP TO COVER THE
EXPOSED TANK AREAS INFRONT OF THE AIRBOX
PICS OF THIS FOAM ARE ON THE GT THUNDER WEBSITE
IF YOU HAVE THE CASH GET A EHS LID WITH A FOAM FILTER
I ALSO CUT A LITTLE OFF THE DRAIN CAP ON THE BOTTOM
OF MY AIRBOX TO LET WATER DRAIN
IF IT EVER GETS IN
BUT SO FAR NO WATER AND NO PROBLEMS