PDA

View Full Version : Conn. wants to ban ATVs!

joedirt
01-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Go to www.racerxill.com and check out the article from 1/27

Punk'd
01-29-2005, 10:35 PM
Man that blows.. and is very stupid.. thats like saying lets ban cars

Spikers400
02-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Ct is definatly one of the worst possible places to own a quad. Everyone *****es about them, and there is no where to ride. They definatly need to designate land just for riding, that is the only solution.

robbo1
03-04-2005, 03:56 PM
yeah...Ilive here...and it does suck. They wont ever ban quads in the state cuz that would mean getting rid of the dealers too...and thats too much of a revenue loss in taxes. they installed a law a long time ago that you have to register all atvs and sleds and the money was supposed to go to financing land for us to ride...i think it ended up in the welfare dept instead. even the cops around here told me they dont bother registering cuz the only legal places to ride is on private property and the state cant do anything about riding unregd on private land. I would be more than happy to reg my quads and pay property taxes on them for a legal place to ride....Damn hippy treehuggers suck!:mad:

MIKE400EX
03-07-2005, 10:03 AM
Actually, they can pinch you for not being registered if you're not riding on your own land. Even if you have permission, ie.. a notarized paper only, when you're on someone elses land, they can come after you. Sucks around here, I know! Rocky Hill is the only place to go, or it's out of state.

250extreme87
03-07-2005, 11:58 AM
connecticut definatly does have to go be the worst state to ride quads, becuase i live in CT and, they are always trying to bust my chops with everything i do and just dont wanna cut anyone a break, hey its not like were on the street doing drugs right?

robbo1
03-07-2005, 07:16 PM
unfortunately...until something changes...its taking chances in connecticut. i grew up on three wheelers and dirt bikes in the eighties and now my daughter and i go riding quads together, and someday soon my other daughters will ride too....i teach her to respect the forests stay on trails and not to litter...and she understands why. we take a digital camera and get some great pics of wild life and scenery and also allows us to spend quality time together. It gives her something to do other than hang out at the mall or watch tv or play PS2. most of her friends have quads and she always wants to go riding with them...but they go to places where they are consantly getting chased by the cops. i think most of the people ive talked to who ride are responsible enough to respect the woods they ride in and not do idiot crap like drink and ride...which i think is the states biggest concern. CT used to be the richest state in the northeast and well on their way to being the poorest...the revenue they can generate wont save the state by any means but it can help...and the police who spend their shifts chasing kids...and adults...on quads, could spend their time chasing real criminals and investing their time on their communities to make them safer. I know about 15 people with quads and dirtbikes...and no one is registered. if one person knows 15 people in an area of connecticut that offers almost nowhere to ride...than think about how many people out there have quads and such that arent regd and need a legal place to go? I dont think the state really realizes how many of us there are out here...not to mention the same land could be used for sleds in the winter. New Hampshire generates a hell of alot of revenue to sleddind in the winter months. Just my 2 cents in a nutshell...ill continue to ride, and enjoy the time i spend with my kids, and if i get a ticket...so be it... ill be there next weekend too!

MIKE400EX
03-08-2005, 07:26 AM
Robbo, sounds just like our family! Except that it's gotten to the point down here in the south end of the state that we have all but given up. It's NY, PA, MA etc.. for us. My wife even carries those small garbage bags dangling off the back of the grab bar to pickup cans and trash (and 99% is NOT from off road riders). Amazing that they can justify using airplanes and Expeditions to chase down people on quads yet they had to ground the plane(s) because they cost too much to fly when using for traffic control. This state is losing out big time. I think I'll go take another blood pressure pill now! Good Luck Riding!

CTmxyfz
03-13-2005, 08:09 AM
I have had umm, 4 tickets, a court date, and 4 offences and a felony on me for trying to ride in this state. All i try to do is go have some fun riding with my buddies or with my dad. Nah, doesn't happen. Windham sand pits got closed and cracked down on big time because of me(i didn't do anything wrong at all, its just that a was caught and had the whole court thing, etc etc) so no one really rides there anymore. There is a spot in east hartford, called keeney cove. Not sure on how many people ride there anymore but i used to. It is hard getting there because of the river flooding the bridge sometimes on one entry way and there are houses over at the other spot getting in. There is also a place right along the river in windsor. You can see if from the highway. My dad and I walked down through this area trying to find a way to get in without causing trouble or pissing anyone off, but we didn't find a way. Does anyone know at all? Lastly, there is the infamous Nike Site in my town here. It has been cracked down on big time. People complain, call the cops and crap. I don't see why a few, very few loud times hurt anyone. The only real bike that has been loud was a 416 with a t-4 on it. Rest of bikes have stock pipes. There are the cross country skiers, people walking their dogs, or people out there having sex or something. Everyone complains because of us, yet we made every single trail in that place.

Anyone know where to ride at all? I may try and go hit up the cove today with my dad and maybe go riding.

jeepnrocks
03-14-2005, 03:59 PM
man that a shame, but like the guy above said they would have to ban dealers too and that would cost the state $$$.