PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried polishing stock parts?

Nate7397
01-28-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm thinking about polishing my front bumper, grab bar, kick start.... anyway does anyone recommend certain ways to do it or products they used. I have never done this before but I want to try. I have seen it done and it looks really good. Once I get it done I can post some pics. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

red2004 TRX450R
01-28-2005, 11:36 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=810191&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

jeepnrocks
01-29-2005, 09:09 AM
nate,
honestly, i wouldnt bother polishing your stock bumper or grab bar. they are so weak that a slight bump will bend the bumper. also your only a wheelie pulled to far from breaking your stock grab bar. even a bump from one of your buddies will tweak your grab bar.
my bumper and grab bar were destroyed the first week i had the quad.
heck the bumper was broken when i was turning around in the woods. i was in a tight spot so i pulled all the way up as far as i could against a tree so that it would be easier to turn around. well as a habit ill always just bump very lightly into the tree so i am as far foward as possible. too my suprise the bumper just caved in !
trust me its not worth polishing that stuff.
you can polish you subframe if you want to strip it down though. (although i think that coating does serve as a protective layer between the bare aluminum and the elements)
your kicker, clutch cover, shift lever and brake lever could all be easily polished though

Nate7397
01-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Ya i found out that the grab bar wasn't that strong when I went a little too far with a wheele. I did end up polishing the bumper,grab bar, kickstart, and shifter. Everything ended up looking really good, especially the front bumper and grab bar. I had a hell of a time trying to bolt the bent grab bar back on. I do realize that they are weak but polishing will have to do until I get new stronger pieces. Thanks guys for the help.