PDA

View Full Version : ha another jetting question

Warrioreater400ex
01-28-2005, 11:04 AM
hey guys i know there are like 50 bazillion jetting questions and threads, and i searched, but none answered my question, i have an 01 400, pipe and k&n, and when i bought it the guy said it had a 155 main jet, and i dont remember the pilot, but i have doubts it was just a push to sell it because it has a little cough if i just stomp on it wide open from idle speed and it seems to run a little lean, that, plus i am about to get an HMF full system, so i was wondering, is there anywhere on the needle or jet that says what size it is? also while yall are here, any guesses an hmf system and k&n any suggestions on jetting just to narrow down the trial and error process a little? 158? 160? thanks!

PunkA$$
01-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Obviously there are many factors to consider when jetting, however, 155 main sounds just about right for your setup. Assuming your airbox lid is still installed and your elevation is less than 1000' and the jets you're using are keihin and not Dyno-jet.

Also, yes it should be engraved on the bottom of the jet what size they are.

But before you go playing around with different jets, make sure your carburetor is cleaned out thoroughly and your air filter is cleaned thoroughly, to eliminate any other possible problems. Maybe a fresh spark plug too.

mattonln
01-29-2005, 06:05 PM
most jets say right on the side of them! needle doesn't say, hafta measure it, but it should be on 2 or 3 notches from the bottom