PDA

View Full Version : Elka/Houser

BigGun400EX
04-29-2002, 06:33 PM
How does Elka handle on turns/big jumps/whoops? And what exactly is there top of the line shock? How do you think they would do for a 210 lb. rider on a MX track? (Allot of the jumps there land on flat ground too, no down ramp) And are Houser A-Arms pretty strong? If you think a totally differnt set-up would be better feel free to say, I have no idea what I'ma work towards getting yet.

cdalejef
04-29-2002, 06:44 PM
The Houser/Elka setup is the best I have ever run! Mine are setup for XC but I do jump on a MX track from time to time and they do great. A little soft on big landings but its not bad.

Elka's top of the line shock is the Elite shock. It has high and low speed compression adjustments. I think this shock is overkill for everything except desert racing.

I have never heard of a Houser a-arm failing.

BigGun400EX
04-29-2002, 06:46 PM
What's the travel on the top of tha line Elkas?

04-29-2002, 07:40 PM
I don't race, but I give my EX quite a beating, and regularly. I have this setup and I'm very happy with it, you will be as well. BTW, though I weigh 350#, the bike doesn't know it with this setup.

cdalejef
04-29-2002, 07:59 PM
I am getting 12" measuring from the frame to the ground.

RoostinOna400ex
04-29-2002, 09:06 PM
I would go with elka shocks and Herrmann a-arms. They are hella strong with extra support!! check them out at www.herrmannracing.com

Crypted1
04-29-2002, 09:32 PM
I race MX and have the Houser long travel and Elka long travel trips, comp and rebound adj. This is the best set up i've ever seen or used for the money. i love my set up and will not change it for any thing! I highly recomend this set up for racing. and Elkas will handle bigger riders just fine.
www.FullthrottleMX.com