PDA

View Full Version : rejet with cam??????

fearthis_450r
01-28-2005, 07:02 AM
Someone once told me i would need to rejet when i put my hot cam stage to in. Is that true or not? Thanx

beak7707
01-28-2005, 07:29 AM
Is that the only mod you are doing, what other mods do you already have? We need to know what all you are doing before you can jet. To get the most out of your cam on the 450r you need to open up your airbox. If you put a HRC lid on or drill holes you will most certainly need to up the jetting. The stock main is a 118 when you get the HRC kit which opens the airbox and exhaust with a cam the main goes to a 185. With a cam only everything else stock you might get away with stock jetting, but you wont be using the cams potential at all.

fearthis_450r
01-28-2005, 08:05 AM
Well it says what i have in my signature.

open air box
sparks exhaust
aftermarket air filter
stage 2 hot cam
i had a 180 in it and burnt my spark plug up so i am gonna try a 195 or 190

beak7707
01-28-2005, 08:09 AM
Sorry I went to reply before I saw your sig. Was the plug colored white, if so it is lean. I have a HRC kit minus HRC cam but I am running a sparks cam and I have the 185 main and mine runs rich. They are all different, but if it was lean I would think you are on the right path with 190-195.

fearthis_450r
01-28-2005, 08:14 AM
Well i didnt get the chance to because i was riding it the other day and it died on me and i didnt check the spark plug in time to tell. It wont start now but tonight i am going to put a bigger jet in. I hope the problem was that the spark plug was bad. If it still doesnt work what do u think happened? I am thinkin piston if the spark plug doesnt fix it. I'm hopin it isnt the piston though. Its pretty hard to burn a 4 stroke piston up isnt it?????