PDA

View Full Version : no wonder why people hate ATV's

mikeman828
01-28-2005, 04:41 AM
After reading this, it's no wonder why so many people think ATV's are nothing but trouble.....

http://www.telegram.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050128/APN/501280627

btlblwnracer
01-28-2005, 05:53 AM
:eek2: , when ppl do that crap , we all get a bad rap :mad: . One of the biggest things I hate is when i'm driving in my truck and I'll see a wheeler going down the road pinned :mad: :cuss: , , for some reason when ppl race up and down the road , they seam to close more trails :grr:

fastblaster2002
01-28-2005, 06:06 AM
atv'ers always tend to get blamed for crap so therefore we have a bad rep

but thats just plain stupid...guys think theyre soo cool running from the cops on atvs...thats how we lose riding spots

n00b on a 400ex
01-28-2005, 08:38 AM
and that third guy ran the cop over???

44oEX
01-28-2005, 08:54 AM
ok well don't get me wrong. It is illigal to ride on the road. but so is speeding and under age drinking. We all do it.

Some times you have to ride on the road a little to get from your house to the trail or from trail to trail.

And don't forget that the report is from the cops point of view. it would be nice to know the riders side of the story. Instead of the guy trying to run him over. maybe the cop jumped in front of him to make him stop.

Some cops will do anything to make you stop.
A cop around my house is crazy he was off duty and just working in his yard. My friend whent by on the road and the cop just jumped out of the ditch right in front of him. thank god he had good brake cause he would have hit him. He was bearly able to stop in time. and he was only in 3rd gear.

Since the cops hate sport quad we won't get a warning we will get a fine for sure. So if you can get away most people will try. I am not saying it's right but if you have to ride on the road. and see a cop you will run if you know the trail is right around the corner. unless your full of money and want a 160$ fine and get you quad impounded.

But to each's own

MY450R
01-28-2005, 09:04 AM
one time we drove by this guys house on the road headed toward the main trail and he came out in the middle of the road
thankfully he moved in time because i had no intention of crashing to avoid him and i would have plowed him down if he stood there
some people are just stupid
yeah lets go stand in front of a vehicle and see if we can stop it

the other thing is that the cop could have shot his *** as soon as he though he was in imenent danger
that would have been sad too some kid on a quad getting shot dead just because he ws riding on the road
its a b.s anyway
and by the way if i ever saw a cop after me you bet your *** im outa there and there aint no way hes catching me
if the cops are stupid enough to chase a wheeler than they deserve what they get
no offense popo i just dont think they should chase down a wheeler for driving down the road

Tommy 17
01-28-2005, 09:13 AM
the best police quad chase i've seen yet was my friend on a 400ex running from the cops who were in a chevy impala... they tried to go on the boney dumps after him and ended up demolishing the car:o they never did catch the kid either i watched the whole thing bc i was back there riding also...

Samson
01-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Never realized bowling with policemen could be so much fun!

Seriously, why would you walk in front of a guy that was trying to get "unstuck"? You know he was spiing his tires the whole time. That's just STUPID!

gyt-r450
01-28-2005, 09:37 AM
that crazy:eek2:

TheFontMaster
01-28-2005, 09:52 AM
I agree with 440ex, and My450r. If I am in town I won't run, or if I know I can't get away. But if it is the DEC(Department of environmental conservation) I will run no matter what. They will impond your quad and slap you with any and all tickets they can give you, even not wearing a seatbelt.:huh

EDIT: One more thing even though the guy on the quad might not have meant to hit the cop, he left. That is hit and run weather he meant to hit the cop or not. Shure mabey the cop jumped out in front of him, we don't know the whole story.

enduro400rider
01-28-2005, 03:10 PM
What kind of "racing style" quad is dark green? :huh hope that cop is ok that would suck i got hit by a recon once and i didnt get up for a few minuates and the person was only goin like 10 15 mph i wonder how fast this guy was goin when he hit him

SHANE03EX
01-28-2005, 04:04 PM
I find this amazing. Its funny how people do the same stupid things in cars but you dont see the government trying to ban cars do you?

muddy400EX
01-28-2005, 04:11 PM
if a cop jumped out in front of me while riding my quad id run over the idiot to! i dont get why it is so bad to ride on the road. boo freakin hoo, theres a guy riding an ATV on the road, lets fine him and take his quad away. i think the cops need to stop messing with the quad guys and go stop some drug guys or murderers or someone else that is actually doing sumtin bad. and i would also like to know the quad riders side of the story.

throwinitup
01-28-2005, 04:32 PM
"These guys were operating very recklessly, going about 55 to 60 mph," he said. When he signaled the ATVs to stop, the drivers slowed down, but then shot past him, he said.

lol GIT-R-DONE!

its one thing to out run a cop. but to to run one over is def. wrong...that guy needs to spend some time in the big house...

black450r
01-28-2005, 04:33 PM
they wouldnt off gotten in that much trouble if they stopped and listened to them. i got pulled over one time and the cop just said dont do it anymore.

muddy400EX
01-28-2005, 04:42 PM
not trying to sound like an azzhole but if i saw a cop jump in front of a quad and the quad ran over him i would prolly laugh my *** off:o

gyt-r450
01-28-2005, 04:46 PM
where's POPO>popo do u jump in front of quads?

redrider69
01-28-2005, 06:56 PM
i think the guy shouldnt have been in front of the quad in the firstplace. but then again we all ride on the rode for maybe 30 seconds or maybe a couple minutes but theres no reason to ride all through town and run from the cops the whole afternoon no reason to ride through middle of town and maybe the kids had tobaco or sumthin and didnt want to be caugt million possobilitys(sp) im sayin both partys were wrong the kids shouldnt have been flying through town and the cop shouldnt have been in front of the quad and got himself hit

Hondadudeehhhh
01-28-2005, 07:30 PM
they shouldnt have been on the road and thats it, end of discussion. muddy400EX you would run over a cop who spends his career trying to protect you? thats some bs right there. There are a lot of retards out there that own quads and cause accidents & do burn out in people's roads, it kind of sucks that those type of people are the reason we cant take a stroll down the dirt road.

muddy400EX
01-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
they shouldnt have been on the road and thats it, end of discussion. muddy400EX you would run over a cop who spends his career trying to protect you? thats some bs right there. There are a lot of retards out there that own quads and cause accidents & do burn out in people's roads, it kind of sucks that those type of people are the reason we cant take a stroll down the dirt road.

i agree that they should not be on the road in the first place, but if the cop is stupid enough to get in front of the guy when he is goin that fast then ya he should be hit.

gutt_72
01-29-2005, 10:29 AM
Truhtfully, I'm glad to here they got away with it. I have yet to have a positive experience with the police in any situation. Last winter I fired my quad up and took it out for a little spin just to warm it up before I changed the oil. So... like I had done 1,000 times before I headed down our back alley to make the loop down this gravel road that circles the town and then head back home. As I'm heading back into town this truck comes screaming towards me... the guys slides it sideways and blocks the road... I stopped thinking it was some old farmer... wrong off-duty cop screaming about how I could have killed his kids! (who were in school at the time????????????) Long story short he detains me until another cop shows up. My quad gets towed, and I get $800 worth of tickets. Long story short from now on I wont be stopping for any popo anytime soon.

Sorry about the novel.

400exDuneman
01-29-2005, 12:28 PM
If you ride your quad on the road you deserve whatever you get. I have no simpathy for those who get ticketed and there quads impounded. Riding on the road is stupid. I hope Popo gets in on this thread and gives us his point of view. There is a reason people resent atv riders. IT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE SEEN BREAKING THE RULES SET FORTH BEFORE THEM INTENTIONALLY. Case in point riding on the road, this is a very visible disregard for the rules that is flaunted in non-atv'rs faces every time they see some kid riding down the road. Try putting your quad in the back of your truck or trailering it to where you are going to ride and stop giving all of us other quad riders that follow the rules a bad reputation. Then maybe everyone won't want to shut down our riding areas!

RideRed250ex
01-29-2005, 12:47 PM
I believe that It should be ok to putt along the side of the road. I mean flying down the road and driving wrecklessly I could see getting in trouble for, but why is it neccassary? That can wait for the trails. Cops have stopped me a couple times and both i got let off just because i was on the side of the road putttting in 2nd gear. I have heard of people getting tickets or whatever for goin slow, cops should just let it go. Just my 2 cent

muddy400EX
01-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by 400exDuneman
If you ride your quad on the road you deserve whatever you get. I have no simpathy for those who get ticketed and there quads impounded. Riding on the road is stupid. I hope Popo gets in on this thread and gives us his point of view. There is a reason people resent atv riders. IT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE SEEN BREAKING THE RULES SET FORTH BEFORE THEM INTENTIONALLY. Case in point riding on the road, this is a very visible disregard for the rules that is flaunted in non-atv'rs faces every time they see some kid riding down the road. Try putting your quad in the back of your truck or trailering it to where you are going to ride and stop giving all of us other quad riders that follow the rules a bad reputation. Then maybe everyone won't want to shut down our riding areas!

oh here's a goody goody boy:rolleyes: you mean to tell me that youve never rode your quad down a road just a lil to get to a trail.
i know i have. i have to do it everytime i ride. and if you havent then your lucky, and you prolly have land right in your back yard which i dont!. why is riding on a road so stupid. i dont see the big deal of a quad being on a road. its just a motorcycle with 4 wheels

44oEX
01-29-2005, 04:17 PM

ok well if riding on the road would be so dangerous you wound't be able to make your quad street legal. I can't where I live but alot of states you can. So it can't be all that bad.

As for the fact that they are seen breaking the rules. Well Take you car drive on the hightway at the speed limit and see if anybody will pass you. If they do that means that they are breaking the rules by speeding. And you see them do it. So what do we have to make the car not road legal because they break the rules ?????:huh

Come on man smartin up. The only ppl that never ride on the road with ATV's are the ppl that only race them. And yes racing is fun but so is riding in a pit and the trail. and to do that you have to ride on the road one in a will.

Bad Ass TA WS6
01-29-2005, 04:26 PM
Screw the police. This happened like not even 5 minutes from my house. It's the funniest thing I've ever seen. These guys are *******S. Pelham Police suck, I can't even begin to explain this to you all.

Riding ATVs in Pelham isn't even legal anymore. Then banned them. Yet they have a separate crew of 4 ATVs that were donated to them, and they patrol trails with them:rolleyes:

I'm glad that ******* got run over.

44oEX
01-29-2005, 05:01 PM
not even legal to ride anymore. :huh man that f*cking su cks
stupid cops

400exDuneman
01-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Hmmm... kids riding atv's recklessly on the road, hit a cop, now why would they not want quads to be legal there. I just can't figure out why. If you don't like what is going on in your community then stop bit*hen on this site, get off your ***** and do something about it. You live in a democracy, if you don't like something change it, get out and start a petition. If you arn't doing something to try and change things then I have no sympathy for your plight. And no I have never ridden on a road that was not legal for a quad to be riding on. And by the above logic of it should be alright to ride my quad on roads, where do you draw the line, riding lawn mowers?

Honda400exrox
01-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Hmmm... kids riding atv's recklessly on the road, hit a cop, now why would they not want quads to be legal there. I just can't figure out why. If you don't like what is going on in your community then stop bit*hen on this site, get off your ***** and do something about it. You live in a democracy, if you don't like something change it, get out and start a petition. If you arn't doing something to try and change things then I have no sympathy for your plight. And no I have never ridden on a road that was not legal for a quad to be riding on. And by the above logic of it should be alright to ride my quad on roads, where do you draw the line, riding lawn mowers?

riding on the road isnt even bad, i dont see the harm in it, what is so bad about quads riding on roads? i have to ride on the road 15 mins to get to the good trails and gravel pits, and if we see cars we just go to the side of the road, no1 minds us driving on the roads cuzz we dont be retards and go as fast as we can and get in cop chases(thats prolly cuzz there are never any cops are by my house) lol they all partrol my friend road that lives 30 miles away from me, and every time they pull him over they just say i think you better go home lol

01-29-2005, 05:51 PM
yeah i ran my brother over wen he tried to wreck the jump i just built...i backed up and put it full throttle 3rd gear after i got all the way back and pretended to go straight at him....he obviously didnt know i was going to turn away from him and hit the jump....so he dove the way that i was turning onto the launching ramp of the jump and i ran him over, and cased the jump and i wasnt so pissed at running him over, but more pissed that my new bars got all bent and broke off one of my front fenders...the 250r hood i put on my 300ex is cracked too but its not too bad...my bros a dumb ***....and my quad wouldnt be so wrecked if i ddint make a turn right after teh jump with a tree behind the berm...

Dust_1503
01-29-2005, 06:05 PM
The cops are only doing there job, and if for some reason you think the come off as "richards" to you, you just have to deal with it. The easiest way to avoid confrontation with the police is to not do anything wrong in the first place. Cops have a tuff job they have to deal with crap day in and day out, give them a break.

Quad Dude
01-29-2005, 08:11 PM
i personally dont have any problems with the cops and quads its the dam DNR gave me a $181 ticket for crossing the road rinding up the embankment and back down and accross the road again. i even stoped and looked for cars. i didnt run from him what a prick. so if i would see him in front of me id run him over too then turn around and roost gravel at him. then get the heck out there go home hide my quad and order different colored fenders.

JOEX
01-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Once again this topic comes up and it's still the same story.:rolleyes:

People b!tching about getting caught doing something illegal and saying the police are stupid. Too many poeple like to blame others for their own actions. The police are only the messenger, if you don't like the laws take it to City Hall.

I don't have a problem with people riding on the side of road in rural areas to get from point A to point B as long as they are doing so in a safe manner and using common sense.

chucked
01-29-2005, 08:43 PM
A little over a year ago, i was 4th gear pinned going down a trail and a cop jumped out a few feet in front of me, if he didnt jump out of the way I would have run him over. But im sure it would have come out to be my fault. I always see these guys doing speed traps then they run out into the road to stop the people, well they are speeding, and they jump out in front of them.... stupid....

Punk'd
01-29-2005, 09:03 PM
wtf

sampleez
01-29-2005, 09:09 PM
a few months ago a few of my friends were riding down a very small backroad that barely gets any traffic. they stopped to talk and when they tried to leave one of their bikes wouldn't start. they couldn't get it started so the other one went back to his house, about a mile or two away to get a rope. well, i guess he pissed off a neighbor, who called the cops. while one was gone, the other called a friend, who was headed out that way to try and help. after the other friend got back, they saw lights coming down the road, thinking it was their friend. as the cop car pulled up, they turned on their keys(thinking it was the friend) and the lights came on on the quad. so the cop thinks their trying to run and hits my friends quad with the patroll car!!!!! f-ing ba$tard :mad: :mad: and this was the one whos bike wouldn't start. so they ended up having to go to jail overnight, both quads were impounded, and my buddy had to pay to get the car fixed :grr: i don't care who you are......that's just straight up bull $hit :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: baaah and to top it off, the cop and his kid rides up and down the road all the time on a foreman

Quad18star
01-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Once again this topic comes up and it's still the same story.:rolleyes:

People b!tching about getting caught doing something illegal and saying the police are stupid. Too many poeple like to blame others for their own actions. The police are only the messenger, if you don't like the laws take it to City Hall.

I don't have a problem with people riding on the side of road in rural areas to get from point A to point B as long as they are doing so in a safe manner and using common sense.

Amen !!!!

I've read a few posts on here , where guys are saying they're flying through the trails full throttle ... then they have a cop jump out in front of them and they just barely miss them cuz the cop jumps out of the way .

Well just think of it this way ..... what if that was a young kid out on the trail instead that came out in front of you and you hit the kid .... I'm sure you'd feel great about that right?? What if you came flying around a corner wide open and you come head on with a husband and wife out for an afternoon ride on a Utility quad .

You guys wonder why ATVs and us riders get a bad rap , but it's our own fault . Both of the incidents I described have happened in my area ..... try explaining that one to a mother that just lost her kid cuz some idiot came flying around too fast while her and her child were out for a walk ... or explain it to the husband that lost his wife cuz an idiot slammed into her Utility . We get bad publicity because we create bad publicity for ourselves . You wanna ride full out , take it to a track or atleast somewhere that you know you won't come head on with someone else .

muddy400EX
01-29-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by sampleez
a few months ago a few of my friends were riding down a very small backroad that barely gets any traffic. they stopped to talk and when they tried to leave one of their bikes wouldn't start. they couldn't get it started so the other one went back to his house, about a mile or two away to get a rope. well, i guess he pissed off a neighbor, who called the cops. while one was gone, the other called a friend, who was headed out that way to try and help. after the other friend got back, they saw lights coming down the road, thinking it was their friend. as the cop car pulled up, they turned on their keys(thinking it was the friend) and the lights came on on the quad. so the cop thinks their trying to run and hits my friends quad with the patroll car!!!!! f-ing ba$tard :mad: :mad: and this was the one whos bike wouldn't start. so they ended up having to go to jail overnight, both quads were impounded, and my buddy had to pay to get the car fixed :grr: i don't care who you are......that's just straight up bull $hit :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: baaah and to top it off, the cop and his kid rides up and down the road all the time on a foreman

:eek2: that is bs! that is no reason for the cop to slam into another persons property!

01-29-2005, 11:39 PM
"ATVs do not have license plates."

Yes they do. All registered ATVs in MA get an ATV liscence plate.

chucked
01-30-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Amen !!!!

I've read a few posts on here , where guys are saying they're flying through the trails full throttle ... then they have a cop jump out in front of them and they just barely miss them cuz the cop jumps out of the way .

Well just think of it this way ..... what if that was a young kid out on the trail instead that came out in front of you and you hit the kid .... I'm sure you'd feel great about that right?? What if you came flying around a corner wide open and you come head on with a husband and wife out for an afternoon ride on a Utility quad .

You guys wonder why ATVs and us riders get a bad rap , but it's our own fault . Both of the incidents I described have happened in my area ..... try explaining that one to a mother that just lost her kid cuz some idiot came flying around too fast while her and her child were out for a walk ... or explain it to the husband that lost his wife cuz an idiot slammed into her Utility . We get bad publicity because we create bad publicity for ourselves . You wanna ride full out , take it to a track or atleast somewhere that you know you won't come head on with someone else .

wtf would a little kid be doing on a trail in the middle of no where??? you see the cop hid behind a tree, if it was someone just walking or riding I would have seen them. stfu commy *******

Quad18star
01-30-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by chucked
wtf would a little kid be doing on a trail in the middle of no where??? you see the cop hid behind a tree, if it was someone just walking or riding I would have seen them. stfu commy *******

Oh I'm sorry ... I didn't know people don't take walks along these trails . Who says these trails are in the middle of nowhere?? I'm really sure you'd see the person when you're comming 4th gear wide open around a corner . If you wanna go wide open , go to designated places .... the track . Why do you think rec parks like Rausch Creek are open ?? But I guess I'm just a commy ******* for thinking this way . :rolleyes: Keep paying your tickets and maybe the day that you hit someone cuz you were driving like an idiot , you'll learn . Let's just hope you don't kill the person .

bansheeguy77
01-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Oh I'm sorry ... I didn't know people don't take walks along these trails . Who says these trails are in the middle of nowhere?? I'm really sure you'd see the person when you're comming 4th gear wide open around a corner . If you wanna go wide open , go to designated places .... the track . Why do you think rec parks like Rausch Creek are open ?? But I guess I'm just a commy ******* for thinking this way . :rolleyes: Keep paying your tickets and maybe the day that you hit someone cuz you were driving like an idiot , you'll learn . Let's just hope you don't kill the person .

greg i think your right man. if theres a cop that can jump out behind a tree, anybody can jump out behind that tree. cops dont go in the middle of nowhere then randomly jump out from behind trees. i know of many of places "in the middle of nowhere" where i have seen people. up my way hunting is big like im sure it is in many places where there are trails. a lot of older men go out scouting "in the middle of nowhere" and use the trails. some on utility quads some walk for the exercise. is it an everyday thing u see them? of course not. some take their children or grandchildren out to do this. i always did it. they can be as little as 5. anything can happen. im not trying to be a d**k but if you can see far enough ahead of you, give it some hell but id never leave 4th on trails unless i know they are 100ft wide and i can see for a while or there is nobody else but me on that mountain. also whos to say somebody else isnt coming the other way wot just like you? ive had that happen before too. i was cruisin in 3rd luckily when somebody else came up on me like that. if we both were wot we would be laying there dead. just use common sense. i think thats the moral of the story.

chucked
01-30-2005, 09:41 AM
wtf you people have no idea.... who said I got a ticket anyway?? I had written permission and the tag, but I think im the only person in baltimore county that does.

400exDuneman
01-30-2005, 09:54 PM

Greg you are completely right. It amazes me that some people are not able to think about others when they ride. We are responsible for the reputation of our sport and I support your view 100%.

Quad18star
01-30-2005, 10:24 PM
Greg you are completely right. It amazes me that some people are not able to think about others when they ride. We are responsible for the reputation of our sport and I support your view 100%.

Thanks .

I'm not trying to knock down this sport at all , like a few people might be thinking . I ride , I've riden ATVs now for 15- 18 years now and my work revolves around the ATV industry , so I'm by no means trying to put down our sport ..... I'm just trying to bring some awareness to some issues .

You wouldn't imagine , how many people I've seen come into our store ... all bandaged up , broken bones , stitches , wheelchairs etc . I've heard nearly every story out there , that I could possibly imagine . Everything from minor scrapes and bruises , to families telling me a long time customer of ours is in a coma or dead .

The reason for a lot of this , is because people are riding beyong their abilities or someone else was riding beyong their abilities or just not using common sense . I've been the victim of someone elses stupidity ... but luckily for me , I will one day be able to walk again . Things could have been a lot worse ... if I wouldn't have leaned forward a bit chances are I probably wouldn't be here today or maybe I'd be in a wheelchair .

I see a lot of young kids that think they are invinsible ( lots of adults also) ... the type that think it'll never happen to them . Well I'm sure the person that killed a little kid that was out on the trails , was thinking the same thing ..." It won't happen to me" . I bet he thinks of that kid everyday now .

The newspapers and radio stations won't report about the good things that the ATV community does .... but it won't waste a second to report on it when an ATV kills another person .

There's a time and a place to go wide open through trails ... that's why commitee members are paid to organize events such as those put on for the GNCC . It's run under a safe environment .. where everyone is going in the same direct .

Just use your heads and maybe on day we'll hear more good things than bad about ATVs .

fwhite02
01-31-2005, 07:04 AM
Nobody seems to think these quads might be hot?

Let someone steal your quad and you'll be yelling for the cops to shoot at fleeing riders. I am.

The next time you're running from the cops, I suggest you remember the thousands of quad owners who have been ripped off. What do you think we want the cops to do?

zedicus00
01-31-2005, 07:55 AM
just a thought but i bet thouse 3 guys werent really speeding or anything till after the first cop seen them. they were prolly jus riding to a trail got seen new they would get a fine and stuff so they ran. my point is if it were legal to ride say on non highway streets and abiding by all other rules and as long as say u r going to a trail or home. then none of this whole thing would hav happened.

o and the guys were in full riding gear and stuff... i would guess they werent hot.

MY450R
01-31-2005, 08:09 AM
BLAH BL;AH blah
all this crap over wether it right or wrong to cross the street or ride along side the road?
noone can tell me that they dont feel a little uncomfortable rididng down the road. i do but i still do it
my plan isnt to ride on the road for the hell of it but i do to get where im going.
i also live in the boondox so i never see cops there anyway
even if i did see cops i know them all anyway .i respect them and they respect me .
however if a cop chased me i would run them .why??
because there is no need to chase me in the first place
i dont ride anywhere illegal except a few feet of roadway ,and to chase me because i rode down thge road a little ways is just stupid! i will just go to a trail and smoke them anyway
maybe its because im older and dont do recklace things while in the road
i act mature i dont ride on ppls property unless i have permission etc etc
so i dont think there is a need to chase me down period

bigfoot300ex
01-31-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
BLAH BL;AH blah
all this crap over wether it right or wrong to cross the street or ride along side the road?
noone can tell me that they dont feel a little uncomfortable rididng down the road. i do but i still do it
my plan isnt to ride on the road for the hell of it but i do to get where im going.
i also live in the boondox so i never see cops there anyway
even if i did see cops i know them all anyway .i respect them and they respect me .
however if a cop chased me i would run them .why??
because there is no need to chase me in the first place
i dont ride anywhere illegal except a few feet of roadway ,and to chase me because i rode down thge road a little ways is just stupid! i will just go to a trail and smoke them anyway
maybe its because im older and dont do recklace things while in the road
i act mature i dont ride on ppls property unless i have permission etc etc
so i dont think there is a need to chase me down period

i am the same way as you on a lot of this stuff
i think riding on the road for less than half a mile is ok
as long as the rider is continually checking to see if any cars are
behind him and staying at a moderate speed(less than 35)
i mean if i didnt do this i wouldnt have a single trail to ride
but because of useing the road just a little bit i can ride on several
miles of trails
so i think that it is ok if no one is being indangered and they watch out for traffic and use the road as little as possible

05-15-2005, 03:44 PM
FCK THE POLICE! AND FCK ATV RIDING LAWS! i just wanna ride where i want, when i want.

nosliw
05-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by z400rdr412
FCK THE POLICE! AND FCK ATV RIDING LAWS! i just wanna ride where i want, when i want.

you understand how that would cause massive chaos, right? or do you still think communism has a chance? stfu and put yourself in their shoes.

kbass24emtp
05-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Well when ATVs get banned, we all know who to thank. Just remember there are alot of people who have ATVs in their sights and just itching to ban them. Just ride safe and don't break the laws. Laws are there for YOUR SAFETY, not to pi_s you off. You can't fix stupid.

Doober
05-15-2005, 05:18 PM
my friends dad said that here they wont even impound them they just take them and crush them and there no way of getting them.......it sucks so you pretty much have to run if you want to keep them

muddy400EX
05-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by yfzrider32
my friends dad said that here they wont even impound them they just take them and crush them and there no way of getting them.......it sucks so you pretty much have to run if you want to keep them

thats just wrong! im sick of atv's getting bad rep, its not like its the friggin quads fault, they dont just take off down the street by themself! i dont think quads will be banned, there just starting to get big! with all the new company's making newer and better bikes i think they will be around for awhile

MOFO
05-15-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by z400rdr412

and FCK you too. Grow up!

CHAR250R
05-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Common sense... maybe some of you will get it when you get older. Doing something illegal has it's price. Can you pay the price? May the good Lord give me the strength to spare your life if you run into one of my 2 young boys while not using common sense. Ever meet Satan? Run over my kid, and I'll make him look like the Easter bunny. I don't care if you ride on the road. Just not all day, every day. I enjoy seeing the kids in my neighborhood cruise by my house. They have common sense. If they don't have common sense, I stop them and explain it to them. I don't call the cops, or the D E P. (Department of Environmental Protection). Everyone rides on the street once in a while. Please, be careful. That's all I ask.

ml450r
05-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by CHAR250R
Common sense... maybe some of you will get it when you get older. Doing something illegal has it's price. Can you pay the price? May the good Lord give me the strength to spare your life if you run into one of my 2 young boys while not using common sense. Ever meet Satan? Run over my kid, and I'll make him look like the Easter bunny.

lol... good post.