PDA

View Full Version : rear shock affecting wheelie?

Warrioreater400ex
01-27-2005, 11:39 PM
I have always had problems trying to keep the front end of my 400 down, i just always figured it was because of the pipe, that i just had too much torque, but i have never messed with the compression or rebound of my rear shock, it is extremely hard. but i got to thinking, is that why i have problems keeping it down on hills and such, because the rear doesnt squat any when i gas it? just curious because between the way it is now and those maxxis razr 2's (when they bite, they BITE), that front end kicks up uncontrollably, even with a 2 tooth bigger sprocket and me kissin the front bumper! thanks!

ZSK
01-28-2005, 07:11 AM
Try to soften the rear shock some and lower the front shocks down some. Do you bottom out your suspension on the track/trails you ride? If you don't bottom out on the toughest parts then you aren't using your shocks to the fullest.

beak7707
01-28-2005, 07:26 AM
It will help to back your preload off as much as you can and soften the shock up. After I put my ssd rear shock on my 250r it would no longer wheelie.

Rico
01-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by beak7707
It will help to back your preload off as much as you can and soften the shock up. After I put my ssd rear shock on my 250r it would no longer wheelie.

An SSD Shock will definitly take away the problem of the front end rising, unless you got a good strong motor...:devil:

speedfreaksguy
01-28-2005, 09:41 AM
You can also try raising your rear tire pressure until you get alittle bit of tire spin.

Warrioreater400ex
01-28-2005, 10:53 AM
aight thanks guys, i have adjusted the preload and compression of my rear shock, i think that should help because it was extremely hard.