PDA

View Full Version : Body found that dates back 9000 years

TheX1992
01-27-2005, 09:50 PM
I heard today in the paper that they found a body on a washout on the Pacific Coast near Washington. He died of an Arrowhead shot to the head. He was also a white man. After Carbon dating the bones, it turns out he was killed over 9000 years ago. Colombus discovered this land only a few hundred years ago. And there was only Native Americans here. I can understand people saying it could be a Viking, but what would a Vikings body be doing on the Pacific Coast? I can see if it was Newfoundland (New york), but Washington?

First thing that comes to my mind....Time travel :macho

Syrus
01-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Hmmm... how the hell do they find a 9000 body and know it died from a arrow head ? i find it hard to believe they found the arrow head with it, but thats pretty fcuk up!

Bush0102
01-27-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by TheX1992
I can see if it was Newfoundland (New york), but Washington?

First thing that comes to my mind....Time travel :macho

wasnt new york new amsterdam? i thought newfoundland has always been newfoundland...

and thats messed up. maybe it was an ancient russian or something.

Quad18star
01-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102

That's a possibility . Comming down from Alaska ... which would make sense that he ends up in Washington .

Pretty amazing stuff . It's pretty cool how much technology has evolved for us to be able to date these kinda of things .

I-7
01-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
That's a possibility . Comming down from Alaska ... which would make sense that he ends up in Washington .

Pretty amazing stuff . It's pretty cool how much technology has evolved for us to be able to date these kinda of things .

Maybe it was a canadian just looking for a place to watch the hockey game..

But yeah that is pretty interesting, it must have been some asian explorer who crossed that land bridge between russia and alaska..... long hike :eek2: :eek2:

01-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Carbon dating is just like magnets. They are magic, only way to explain them.

New York was New Amsterdam. Newfoundlands always been in Canada.

Im gussing it was an early russian, as indians were early chinese, i believe, which could be the reason for the natives to attack him.

Flynbryan19
01-28-2005, 05:53 AM
9000 years ago.....lol.......yeeeah......

kazpr
01-28-2005, 06:01 AM
Need to see a link to believe the story!

KFX21
01-28-2005, 06:17 AM
Check out carbon dating, it's only a theory really, it's not ever been proven to be 100% acurate. Alot of ppl don't know this, but it is the truth.

MY450R
01-28-2005, 06:23 AM
how old was the ice man? like 3000 years?
anyway thats wicked old to be found here in the usa

TheX1992
01-28-2005, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102

Would a Russian really be able to cross the Desert, go through Asia, across the Bearing Strait, and down to Washington in a lifetime on foot? Thats quite the walk.

Flynbryan19
01-28-2005, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by KFX21
Check out carbon dating, it's only a theory really, it's not ever been proven to be 100% acurate. Alot of ppl don't know this, but it is the truth.

Yeah, thats just one of the things the scientific community likes to leave out..... Educated? Yes...... Always right/and unrebucable? Not Hardly.....

Syrus
01-28-2005, 06:43 AM
I dont see anything on cnn.com and if a 9000 year old body was found, im sure it would be somewhere on that site... yet I found nothing. It would be big news, why havent we heard anything yet ? :ermm:

MY450R
01-28-2005, 06:57 AM
yeah post a link

ZSK
01-28-2005, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Atkins450
Carbon dating is just like magnets. They are magic, only way to explain them.

I'm pretty sure that those are both scientifically proven. :huh Magnets are polarized (a South and North Polse of the magnet) You can take a magnet to a piece of steel or Iron and make it a temorarey magnet. It really depends on the orientation on a mollecular level as to which way of the possible six directions to which a magnet would pull. Carbon dating is a simple principal that the carbon-14 forms at a rate which appears to be constant, so that by measuring the radioactive emissions from once-living matter and comparing its activity with the equilibrium level of living things, a measurement of the time elapsed can be made. It's not magic, just science. ;)

Bush0102
01-28-2005, 08:18 AM
Would a Russian really be able to cross the Desert, go through Asia, across the Bearing Strait, and down to Washington in a lifetime on foot? Thats quite the walk.

What desert would you be reffering to? The Gobi in Mongolia/China?

I was thinking they were probably coming from central or eastern russia, traveling across siberia chasing food, and he wound up crossing the land bridge in the present-day Bering Strait.

Check your geography, this trip could probably have been made on foot in under 10 years, even at a slow pace. I'm sure the guy found the place by accident, and didnt decide to take a trip to Washington.

Stevie-D
01-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Carbon dating is a simple principal that the carbon-14 forms at a rate which appears to be constant, so that by measuring the radioactive emissions from once-living matter and comparing its activity with the equilibrium level of living things, a measurement of the time elapsed can be made. It's not magic, just science.

Yes, but the principle assumes a constant rate, and that rate may not always be constant. Once- living organisms near a radioactive source will have a higher radioactive emission that one that is not. Common sense, really. Many factors must be taken into reason to do it effectively. We were taught in high school that the dating has sometimes proved inaccurate.
Can anyone back this up? (Maybe class on the college level)

ZSK
01-28-2005, 09:32 AM
My college courses have said the same as the basic high school courses have.

KFX21
01-28-2005, 09:54 AM
I noticed that you said it APPEARS to be constant. Therefore it's not 100% constant, just maybe. Therefore it should be viewed as
a theory not a fact.

Bush0102
01-28-2005, 10:18 AM
we were doing c-14 dating in geology, and no, the rate is not always constant.

however, my instructor said on an important find, paleontologists will use other isotopes, such as Uranium 238 (the most constant decay rate, but the most intricate method) or 235, Thorium 232, Rubidium 87, or Potassium 40 as an alternate method of dating to see if the Carbon dating was correct.

it didnt make too much sense to me, but it was what he said.

However, on something this geologically young, i doubt U-238 was used because its half life is 4.5 billion years.

zephead400ex
01-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Google is your friend!:D

Here it is: http://www.kennewick-man.com/

Very interesting.

400grl
01-28-2005, 10:39 AM
I guess you'd have to believe in Carbon dating and the assumption the world is millions of years old.........

I believe there WAS a flood, and I believe in creation (of some sort)....carbon dating goes against both of those beliefs, and is not a proven method of accurately dating anything.

The body is very interesting though - I always like stuff like that....

Here is a theory for you guys - think about it a while........I believe that before the flood, civilizations were VERY advanced.....to the point we are at right now..........the flood wiped everything out (or something did) and we started back from scratch........something to check out on Google sometime when you are bored....do searches on ancient advanced civilazations - you will be amazed at some of the things archeaologists have found that no one can explain.......batteries dating back way before anyone had even thought of inventing them - huge drawings done in the ground that could only have been seen from the sky - hundreds of years before man ever took flight.......old stories from remote civilzations of jet airplanes and nuclear explosions........it's really amazing once you start digging.....I even think at some point....if we find proof of past life on Mars or another planet......I think it will actually be from us......from before THIS civilization.

But I digressed...bigtime!!! Cool on the old dead dude.....I will have to check that link out! :)

zephead400ex
01-28-2005, 11:39 AM
^^^I believe it, for the most part. Pole shifts, the flipping of magnetic fields around the earth, etc. will all kinds of natural disturbances; earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanos, etc.

I was told my by Astronomy teacher that the magnetic fields flip about once every 40,000 years.

Stevie-D
01-28-2005, 11:44 AM
I absolutely agree with you Corry, just maybe not to the extent of how far advanced ancient civilizations were.

But yes, our world does point toward intelligent design. Does anybody really accept the idea of complete evolution? Can it be proved? No, and neither can creation. They are both simply theories that cannot ever be proven. Origin is beyond the sphere of science, because science deals with matters that are observable, verifiable, and, ideally, repeatable.

Neither of which is origin. Well, yes, I guess I did digress from the thread topic, but the whole discussion can make for some interesting debate, to say the least.

And really, when you think about it, why is the idea of Intelligent design really considered odd or far-fetched? I am not even suggesting that a "God" created everything (even though I believe that He did) but doesn't our "evidence" suggest a designer? Is it chance? There is no way. Everything tends to break down, get worse, not better, at least now. Why in the past would it have been the reverse?
:confused:

Bush0102
01-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Stevie-D

And really, when you think about it, why is the idea of Intelligent design really considered odd or far-fetched? I am not even suggesting that a "God" created everything (even though I believe that He did)

good points...

..and to digress, even the greatest theoretical scientist of all time- Einstein- admitted that through everything he had seen, he believed there was a creator behind it...

01-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by ZSK
I'm pretty sure that those are both scientifically proven. :huh Magnets are polarized (a South and North Polse of the magnet) You can take a magnet to a piece of steel or Iron and make it a temorarey magnet. It really depends on the orientation on a mollecular level as to which way of the possible six directions to which a magnet would pull. Carbon dating is a simple principal that the carbon-14 forms at a rate which appears to be constant, so that by measuring the radioactive emissions from once-living matter and comparing its activity with the equilibrium level of living things, a measurement of the time elapsed can be made. It's not magic, just science. ;)
Take all your spare change and go buy yourself a sense of humor. Your gonna need it.

01-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Not a single russiaan, but a group of russians, then theyre children, then theyre childrens children slowly travelling a little atr a time. It would take many generations.

01-28-2005, 05:37 PM
Only a southerner brainwashed by religion would make such a claim. Next your gonna tell me evolution is fake, right?

01-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Only a southerner brainwashed by religion would make such a claim. Next your gonna tell me evolution is fake, right?

I believe in Carbon dating and belive it to be accurate.

Evolution is a whole different scenario. No one has proved evolution, that IS a theory. Some claim it to be real but it is not accepted by all like carbon dating.

Evolution COULD BE bs, it is not proven.

AtvMxRider
01-28-2005, 06:33 PM
It was prolly just a crack head that pissed off some Indians.

WEEZIL
01-28-2005, 06:57 PM
ITS ALL A JOKE EVERYONE.. THE POPE WAS JUST PLAYING HIDE AND GO SEEK.

NTPRacing#19
01-28-2005, 07:15 PM
would it be crazy to say that maybe 9000 years ago werent the continents all one and not drifted apart? 9000 years is a looooong time ago

trick450r
01-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by NTPRacing#19
would it be crazy to say that maybe 9000 years ago werent the continents all one and not drifted apart? 9000 years is a looooong time ago

you bet thats safe to say...the theory of pangea...easily believable...look at a map...the continents line up...mountain ranges line up (ex. apalachians and the alps)...and more proof has bean that we have found skeletons of animals never known to be in a country...but has bean none to live in one that matches up to the country it was found in geographically:huh its wierd but certainly realistic

trick450r
01-28-2005, 07:23 PM
oh yeh....i just spent about an hour reading up on ancient advanced civilisations...simply amazing....ancient scripts dating back thousands of years telling of, cosmic laser weapons, invisibility shields, space ships controlled by consience, and somthing very similiar to a atomic bomb :eek2: :huh

sportraxrider10
01-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
I guess you'd have to believe in Carbon dating and the assumption the world is millions of years old.........

I believe there WAS a flood, and I believe in creation (of some sort)....carbon dating goes against both of those beliefs, and is not a proven method of accurately dating anything.

Here is a theory for you guys - think about it a while........I believe that before the flood, civilizations were VERY advanced.....to the point we are at right now..........the flood wiped everything out (or something did) and we started back from scratch........something to check out on Google sometime when you are bored....do searches on ancient advanced civilazations - you will be amazed at some of the things archeaologists have found that no one can explain.......batteries dating back way before anyone had even thought of inventing them - huge drawings done in the ground that could only have been seen from the sky - hundreds of years before man ever took flight.......old stories from remote civilzations of jet airplanes and nuclear explosions........it's really amazing once you start digging.....I even think at some point....if we find proof of past life on Mars or another planet......I think it will actually be from us......from before THIS civilization.

But I digressed...bigtime!!! Cool on the old dead dude.....I will have to check that link out! :)

im not saying this is true or anything but im gonna go with it...lets all believe that aliens are real for a second. what if those aliens are just humans from the^ previous ancient advanced civilizations. when whatever happened in area 51 maybe that was them trying to come back with there technology and thats when technology exploded. they just excaped before the "flood" or whatever happened to the "other" mankind.....kinda freaky if you think about it

jaspurx
01-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Aliens huh.....................that explains why we can find no remains of Noah`s ark.............or deae aliens

400exrules
01-28-2005, 08:29 PM
uhhh wut kept the body from decaying over 9000 years :huh

Mxjunkie
01-28-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
It was prolly just a crack head that pissed off some Indians.

lmao

400exrules
01-28-2005, 08:36 PM
yah, he stole the peace pipe :D

Quad18star
01-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by NTPRacing#19

Nope ... I wouldn't call you crazy ... because if you look at the world map , like someone else said ... everything kind of fits together like a puzzle .

As for whoever asked , as to what would keep a body from decaying , well there are several things . One of them being Instant freezing ( snow , ice ..ie Beginning of an Ice Age ) . The bodies will decay ... but with thousands of years they can become petrified . I ain't no scientist , so I can't really explain it .

JTRtrx250r
01-28-2005, 08:50 PM
they found it at the mouth of the Columbia river , ...if its the thing they were talking about on the news, along w/ a buncha artifacts, I didnt really get to hear it, ....kids:ermm:

sportraxrider10
01-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by jaspurx
Aliens huh.....................that explains why we can find no remains of Noah`s ark.............or deae aliens

im just suggesting, i never said i believe it, it was just something that popped into my mind when i read that

Ralph
01-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by 400grl

Let me get this streight, you dont believe in carbon dating which is pretty damn accurate. Even if it wasnt and it was off a couple hundred years, thats why they say 9,000 not 9.254 wich may have been the actual outcome. Anyways, you dont believe in somehting like carbon dating but you believe in something that somebody jotted down in a book?

on the other hand, yeah i like to believe in alot of that stuff too, creation of identical pyramids on 2 diff sides of the earth at the same time. but i dont think it disproves carbon dating at all. Hell maybe the guy was a teenager and got shot in the head with an arrow lol... they cant really tell how advanced he was 9000 years later...

also since we are drifting off onto aliens, why are people so ignorant to belive that we are the only living lifeform in this universe, do you people understand HOW BIG THE UNIVERSE IS???? THERE IS NO WAY WE ARE THE ONLY ONES. HOW COULD SOMEONE EVEN THINK THAT HAHAHA. There is one other planet in our solar system that would beable to host lifeforms, or in the past atleast, thats 2 planets in one solar system able to host life forms. THINK ABOUT HOW MANY SOLAR SYSTEMS WE KNOW EXIST? AND THE MILLIONS WE DONT KNOW....

400grl
01-28-2005, 09:48 PM
I don't have alot of faith in carbon dating since alot of it says that this world is millions of years old.......that supporting the evolution theory. I don't believe in evolution, so I don't believe the world is anywhere near that old, which would bring me to not having much faith in the carbon dating process. ;) I remember my mom used to get archeology magazines, and they were always running article on whether or not carbon dating was accurate.....

It's not that I believe in the Bible per say, either......but I certainly believe some of the historic events the Bible describes......

We must look like a bunch of poor blind mice to the "greater power" out there - scrambling around trying to figure out the puzzle of our existence......using the poor tools we have to try to make sense of it all - we probably aren't even capable of fathoming what actually occured......at least not in this life. :)

Which is why it's all so interesting to think about! :)

Ralph
01-28-2005, 09:53 PM
think about how far we have come so far, and where only gonna go farther:)

WEEZIL
01-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Behold a pale horse is an excellent book to read if you are interested in the way our government works with the cover ups and lies and what not. Believe it if you want.. Or dont, hell if I care. Its just a good book

And from what I have read in it and other sources Basically says that area 51 is a HUGE cover up for what really goes on in other places in plain sight.

KFX21
01-29-2005, 04:49 AM

No it has nothing to do with being brainwashed with religion, it has to do with facts. Carbon dating IS NOT PROVEN to be 100% accurate, therefore i won't believe in it until IT IS proven to be 100% right ALL the time. You need to know what your talking about before you make your comments. Evolution, i don't believe it either. Darwins theory, yeah right. Slime plus time equals man. A puddle of crap 10 million years ago and now we are a walking, talking puddle of crap. That really fits the bill does'nt it? When we are born, we are a masterpiece of work. There is no way that we could have evolved out of slime or anything else. We are still to complicated for most Doctors to figure us out. Everything is just a theory, it's all a matter of belief. You choose what you want and i'll choose what i want to believe. Why do you have to stereotype me? I live in WVa, and the last time i checked that wasn't very far South. You can say what you will, cause there is a 99.99% chance that i'll never know who you are anyway.I don't take offence to someone who can hide behind a keyboard. I realize i have a higher level of maturity than you do, so therefore i forgive you for for the assumptions that you make. We can have different opinions and still talk about it like adults, no one has to get on here and try to tick someone off, unlike you, that's what these forums are for. To dicuss and offer opinions about anything and everything you can think of. Go to Bluetraxx if you want to argue, there is plenty of ppl there to fight with. Have a nice day hero!!!!!

Ralph
01-29-2005, 08:18 AM
No it has nothing to do with being brainwashed with religion, it has to do with facts. Carbon dating IS NOT PROVEN to be 100% accurate, therefore i won't believe in it until IT IS proven to be 100% right ALL the time. You need to know what your talking about before you make your comments. Evolution, i don't believe it either. Darwins theory, yeah right. Slime plus time equals man. A puddle of crap 10 million years ago and now we are a walking, talking puddle of crap. That really fits the bill does'nt it? When we are born, we are a masterpiece of work. There is no way that we could have evolved out of slime or anything else. We are still to complicated for most Doctors to figure us out. Everything is just a theory, it's all a matter of belief. You choose what you want and i'll choose what i want to believe. Why do you have to stereotype me? I live in WVa, and the last time i checked that wasn't very far South. You can say what you will, cause there is a 99.99% chance that i'll never know who you are anyway.I don't take offence to someone who can hide behind a keyboard. I realize i have a higher level of maturity than you do, so therefore i forgive you for for the assumptions that you make. We can have different opinions and still talk about it like adults, no one has to get on here and try to tick someone off, unlike you, that's what these forums are for. To dicuss and offer opinions about anything and everything you can think of. Go to Bluetraxx if you want to argue, there is plenty of ppl there to fight with. Have a nice day hero!!!!!

Um, you ever notice how similar all of earths creatures are? 2 eyes, 2 ears, 1 nose, one mouth etc. and especialy apes. You ever wonder why we have the tail bone? Maybe god screwed up and said screw it, but i think whatever we origionated from probably had a tail at one time, then it slowly came off cause there wan no use for it. If we are so pefect then why do we have an apendix? because way back when we used it for something but dont need it anymore. maybe it was there to help digest raw food or something. But now that we cook our food it slowly stopped being used. I know dogs still used em and my dog can eat a **** load of raw meat and never get close to being sick.

Once again, i take it you are religious. I dont see how u need carbon 14 dating to be 100% proven to believe it, when religion is has little to no proof backing it up, except for the crazy old ladys who own 13 cats and claim god speaks to them.

AtvMxRider
01-29-2005, 08:26 AM
:ermm:

KFX21
01-29-2005, 09:52 AM
You have your beliefs and i totally respect them. I never said that anyone that does'nt agree with me is wrong, i simply stated what i think. Are you right ALL the time? That answer would be no. So should i take everything that you say as being 100% true.
That answer would be no also. I like facts and the fact is that it is not always accurate. So therefore it has flaws, which mean it can't and won't always be accurate. Do you really think that that's what religion is about, old ladies and cats? Take this into account, the Bible has origins to the beginning of man, i'm not talking about what it says about him creating it. I'm talking about the ALL the different cultures have some sort of relation to a god
and a bible. These were passed from generation to generation. I know alot of it is strictly based upon belief only, you believe in the carbon dating and i don't. You assume you know the right answer but your not sure, so you question whether or not your right. This is the way i see carbon dating. I can't believe in something that in one measurement it says this pot is 50 million yearys old and then do the same test and it days that it is 5 years old. You assume i'm religious, well i'm not a christian but i do believe in god. There are alot of things i believe in that others don't, thats the best thing about being human, i have that free will to do so. You believe that we ascended from something else, good for you, it's your choice and you stand by it. I stand by mine. Does this mean i'm right and your not, no. and vice versa, no. Can you prove to me it's right all the time? No again. There are to many variables to prove either of our arguements, it come down to belief. If i offend anyone, i apologize, but this is what i think.

01-29-2005, 01:05 PM
First of all, how can you say that every culture has a relationship with 1 God and a bible. Thats a pretty insulting claim. The only cultures with a history of 1 God and one Bible are at the roots of Judaism. Christianity stems from Judaism and then later came Islam out of the same roots. If you go to cultures that were never touched by Middleeastern/European religion until the later crusades, then you find religions such as Buddhist(which has nothing to do with 1 god and a bible), along with many other uniques Asian religions as well as South American religions based on sacrifices to many gods. American indians felt very strongly about an afterlife, but this belief was mainly based off of their experiences during drug induced trips off of the mescaline in the peyote plant.

All religion with 1 God and a bible all stem back to the roots of Judaism.

Stevie-D
01-29-2005, 07:34 PM
If we are so pefect then why do we have an apendix? because way back when we used it for something but dont need it anymore. maybe it was there to help digest raw food or something. But now that we cook our food it slowly stopped being used. I know dogs still used em and my dog can eat a **** load of raw meat and never get close to being sick.

Forgive me if I'm so ignorant of how dogs digest raw meat, but your example seems rather illogical.

Are you saying that both dogs and humans have appendix's, and that only dog's can digest raw meat because they have an appendix? So we both have the same thing, but only dogs have use for it, is that what you are saying? How did the appendix change, are they dissimilar to the dog's? And were they ever once similar?

Also, your whole argument on why evolution is true is rather inferior. Go ahead and start explaining, bud, about all the complexities of the human body, the reproduction of them, about all the cells and atoms that make us up, about all the atoms that make everything up, the fact that time seems to slow down at the speed of light, the perfect harmony on our solar system of suns and planets, and on and on and on.

Give me one decent reason why chance could have designed all this, and all of everything. Hell, even how a FROG came into existence by chance. :)

Not to flame man, just think about what you believe.

01-29-2005, 08:49 PM
I cant read any of your posts without laughing. Its so funny how brainwashed you all are. Is it just Ralph that has any common sense?

Ralph
01-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Um evelution theory has very little to do with the solar system, BUD. Point of the appendix story. Both of the species have similar organs. but the one who started getting smarter and cooking food stopped using an organ that could have been used to help digest raw meat. I cant really prove this because last time i heard we havent figured out what the appendix was for. but i know we dont need them anymore. Point is we moved on to adapt to our enviorment.

As to how a frog came, if u really wanna know, ill try to put some sense into it.

frogs start out as those little fish i fergot what the hell they were called. but throughout their growth they develope feet, etc.

back even further, LONG LONG Time ago one living cell started developing more and more. the leading theory is that it all started under water one cell or a single celled organism evolved more and more. basically into little sperms. just a very simple lifeforms. they developed tails to help propell them under water in order to survive, slowly rhe evelolved more and more developing organs. yada yada yada. then at some point they started developing legs probaly in swamps or somehting, all in order to survive, now this doesnt happen over night like your first morning wood. this took generations and generations. then they develped more and more, some of them just stayed the way they are and some developed more and more in order to survive in their conditions. this also supports the fact of the world being milions of years old. you get the point..

now that i have bored you to death, or making the impression since i doubt anyone will read all that.

back to one of your other arguments, the unvirse, If your so sure you are theo only life form in the whole solar system, why would have god wasted his time creating endless balls of gasses, frozen matter and rock(the plannets) and all the other crap.

or maybe take it this way, you say that somethign had to have created this place because it is so unique and special. MAYBE WE ARE THE ONLY PLANET WITH LIFE ON IT BECAUSE WE ARE SO DAMN UNIQUE AND THAT FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO HAPPEN IT TAKES A LONG TIME AND VERY UNIQUE ENVIORMENT ETC.

You think if god was anythinig like the human people, he would have probably put life on anything he could. I know thats what just about everyone else would do.

If you are still reading at this point, then i need to advise you that you are arguing wiht a 16 year old kid, hell maybe im just making all this crap up, or i have nothign to back up what i say, but the thing is you dont have a single fact more than me proving your theory. I could probably sit here and type some more if u feel the need.

dont you just love threads about religion, their like the special olympics. even if your the winner your still retarded. but i do know they have fun doin it..llol

Ralph
01-29-2005, 10:25 PM
:)

01-29-2005, 10:56 PM
Look at it this way.

A butterfly with green wings is in a brown environment. Predators can see the butterflys and eat them readily.

Due to a random fluke in the genetic makeup of a butterfly, it is born red. Predators see this one even easier, and aet it. Goodbye red butterfly.

20 years later another random genetic fluke occurs when a brown butterfly is born. Predators can not see it and it survives. It mates with a green butterfly and produces 5 green butterflys, 4 greenishbrown ones, and 6 brown ones(random numbers). The green ones are eaten, while the greenish brown and brown survive due to their ability to more effectively evade predators. Because the brown ones have it easy now, and do not need to hide from predators as much as the green ones, they mate more, eat more, and produce more offspring. Green butterfly population eventually diminishes while brown one takes over.

There ya go, folks, through survival of the fittest a butterfly evelution takes place. The green population could have migrated to a green environment and flourished, thus creating 2 butterfly subspecies in 2 different environments, each addapted to their own environments through evolution.

This same technique is how fish grew legs, how wings were made, and eventually man came from monkeys. Its fact, and its the way of life, so deal with it.

Stevie-D
01-29-2005, 10:56 PM
Ralph, you made some decent points, but where did I mention religion?? I'm not seeing it there.

As for bringing up the universe, I was simply making a point that all that is displays some type of order. Evolution doesnt point to order, but rather disorder. You are the one being willfully brainwashed.

Listen, all you are doing is simply spewing out what you have been taught. Dont you realize that mutations have to occur for evolution to be successful. Why is putting blocks of mere time critical for the success of evolution? Mutations tend to hurt the organism, not help it. Read up for yourself about how many accident would have to happen for any cell to evolve. Scientists cannot create a cell out of anything, under the most ideal of circumstances. A swamp is not an ideal place for life to develop, especially outta nothing.

Look, this has nothing to do with religion. The Bible's story is even kind of far-fetched, what with God making man outta dust. So dont even focus on religion. It has nothing to do with being religious.

Until you can string together a logical proof for faith in evolution, just STFU about it. Life needs a beginning, not a chance. That is pure bullchit. And you know it, or will someday.

Ralph
01-29-2005, 10:59 PM
Ralph, you made some decent points, but where did I mention religion?? I'm not seeing it there.

As for bringing up the universe, I was simply making a point that all that is displays some type of order. Evolution doesnt point to order, but rather disorder. You are the one being willfully brainwashed.

Listen, all you are doing is simply spewing out what you have been taught. Dont you realize that mutations have to occur for evolution to be successful. Why is putting blocks of mere time critical for the success of evolution? Mutations tend to hurt the organism, not help it. Read up for yourself about how many accident would have to happen for any cell to evolve. Scientists cannot create a cell out of anything, under the most ideal of circumstances. A swamp is not an ideal place for life to develop, especially outta nothing.

Look, this has nothing to do with religion. The Bible's story is even kind of far-fetched, what with God making man outta dust. So dont even focus on religion. It has nothing to do with being religious.

Until you can string together a logical proof for faith in evolution, just STFU about it. Life needs a beginning, not a chance. That is pure bullchit. And you know it, or will someday.

Nope your wrong

Stevie-D
01-29-2005, 11:02 PM
Atkins, your example has nothing to do with evolution of anything, so why did you post it?

Butterflies changing color is the same thing as a white man and a black woman reproducing. What do you get? A light brown baby that has less of a chance getting eaten by a lion than the mother, but more of a chance than his pure black father.

Just what the heck kind of point were you trying to make, all you did was ignore the issue. Congratulations.:)

01-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Mutations 99.9999% of the time fail, but DO NOT hurt the population. Failing mutations simply die off and are never heard of again. But the 0.000001% of mutations that are successful spawn new subspecies that more adapted to their climate as i previously explained. Were talking 100 of millions of years, even bilions of years fro the 1 celled organism, so there is ample time for that .0000001% of mutation to happen time after time after time to create the wide variety of different species addapted to many different environments that we see on earth today.

I am not the one brainwashed. I can logically explain the rational behind what im talking about.

Stevie-D
01-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Ralph, why dont you post something more useful than just, "Nope you're wrong, Im right, end of story"?

Thats all you ignorant evolutionists do, just say Im right so shove it.

You just showed how stupid you are.

Why cant you back up your story with proof, or at least a good fairy tale (like u think the Bible is)

Why is there no recording, even if its made up, of evolution before the 1800's? None your ape daddys smart enough to?

01-29-2005, 11:08 PM
Stevie-D, are you retarded or just ignoring my 2 previous posts? I answered everything your asking for.

Ralph
01-29-2005, 11:10 PM
back to carbon dating, just like everything else on this earth most things go by patterns. There is a system to most things.

Like the fibonacci sequence. The distance between the first branch to the second is 1 inch, the next on is also 1 inch. but then the next brand is 2 inches. 1+1=2. thats the third distance, the last two digits are 1 and 2. add them together and the next distance is 3 inches. then 5 then 8 and so on. This is totaly 100% proven. it might be hard to grasp what im explaining if you arent familiar with it.

anyways, just like the fibonacci sequence, and the other millions of things on earth wich are perfect, wether they are created by chance, god, or barney does not matter.

So like carbon 14 dating process, for those that dont know, carbon 14 has a half life. Just like every other element in this universe. basically what it says is that every so many years, lets just say 2. the matter splits into 2. so if you have one gram of carbon, 2 years later you will have .5 grams of carbon and .5 of the decayed matter. So when they find somthing like a skull(every living thing is made of carbon) they see how much carbon is left and how much decay. know ing how much time it takes each time to break down they can calculate the how many years it has been since the carbon was created or whatever. This seems like a bulletproof plan to me.

and there you have it, im simply spewing out what i have been taught.

Honda4trax250x
has anyone found a link to this yet?

Stevie-D
Explain away then.

Where did you pull those stats out of, your a##? Nice one, 99.99999 or whatever the hell you said it was.

That came from a very scientific brain, I can see. Now start using actual science to explain your theory to enlighten us. Im listening.

Ralph
01-29-2005, 11:12 PM
Ralph, why dont you post something more useful than just, "Nope you're wrong, Im right, end of story"?

Thats all you ignorant evolutionists do, just say Im right so shove it.

You just showed how stupid you are.

Why cant you back up your story with proof, or at least a good fairy tale (like u think the Bible is)

Why is there no recording, even if its made up, of evolution before the 1800's? None your ape daddys smart enough to?

last time i checked apes cant write,

as for the nope your wrong. dont get ur pantys in a bunch. I was just paraphrasing everything u said in ur previous post and handing it right back to you.

01-29-2005, 11:14 PM
Atkins, your example has nothing to do with evolution of anything, so why did you post it?

Butterflies changing color is the same thing as a white man and a black woman reproducing. What do you get? A light brown baby that has less of a chance getting eaten by a lion than the mother, but more of a chance than his pure black father.

Just what the heck kind of point were you trying to make, all you did was ignore the issue. Congratulations.:)
I am honestly convinced that you are retarded.

I did not say that to insult you, theres just no other explanation for you.

I was raised Roman Catholic, and then by myself through my own reasoning and thought process, I finally pulled the Bullsh*t Card.

Ralph
01-29-2005, 11:16 PM
Explain away then.

Where did you pull those stats out of, your a##? Nice one, 99.99999 or whatever the hell you said it was.

That came from a very scientific brain, I can see. Now start using actual science to explain your theory to enlighten us. Im listening.

What stats??? The fibonacci sequence is a real thing. Go outside and measure the distance of the start of each twig on a branch. if you arent ignorant then you should soon find that the distance, starting at the end will be 1 inch, then 1 inch, then 2, then 3, 5, 8 etc.

wait no, it wont be 1 inch etc. it will be the first 2 will be equal. then the 3rd will be 2 times the fist. the next one will be 3 times. etc... sry.

and the carbon dating explanation, yes i pulled the number 2 out of my ***, but i said lets just use 2 as the half life to explain it. i thought it would be more educational then to go onto google, look up the half life of carbon 14 just to sound a little smarter.

Stevie-D
01-29-2005, 11:21 PM
Fine, you have all convinced me that 1) I am a hopless retard, and 2) I am wrong so I will now be an evolutionist.

My belief is flawed and cant be backed up with fact, so I say the f**^ with it.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

01-29-2005, 11:21 PM
Maybe God will turn me into a pillar of salt for dissagreeing with him. Oh no!

btw, if you believe in the Bible, make sure you understand that the Bible states the world is 5,000 years old by tracing back the family trees given in the Bible, and things are carbon dated to ages much older than that, thus disproving the Bible. So you cannot believe in both, they are contradictory.

01-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
What stats??? The fibonacci sequence is a real thing. Go outside and measure the distance of the start of each twig on a branch. if you arent ignorant then you should soon find that the distance, starting at the end will be 1 inch, then 1 inch, then 2, then 3, 5, 8 etc.

wait no, it wont be 1 inch etc. it will be the first 2 will be equal. then the 3rd will be 2 times the fist. the next one will be 3 times. etc... sry.

Realizing he'll take it literally and try to hold it against you. Good call.:cool:

Ralph
01-29-2005, 11:23 PM

i think you really might be retarded. k how bout this for an example. asian people. they have wide eyes because in the early days they did alot of walking in deserts. there is sand in deserts and when the wind hits it it creates a sandstorm. the eyes of there people slowly developed themselves to be wider and not open as much to preserve the perfect vision but to keep sand out of their eyes.

or black people. origionating in africa they developed or started out with very dark skin pigment to help protect them from the harsh sun in africa. but as the humans started moving north into parts of europe, the sun isnt nearly as harsh so the skin started getting lighter and lighter because there was no need for the dark skin pigment.

Does anybody know where albinos origionated? if i had to guess i would say it was somehwere that wasnt exposed to harsh sunlight, but maybe im wrong maybe it there was a diff reason for the body to abandon the skin pigments. or maybe god was just pissed cause they spanked it alot.

God
01-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Atkins is right. I am god so therfore you cannot dissagree. I made **** in the sea and told it to evolve, and it did happy now?

01-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Or maybe the albino is a recessive genetic trait that originated as a fluke in the genetic makeup, and now comes up every now and then when 2 people mate with double recessive genetic qualities.

Stevie-D
01-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Last post was referring to Atkins BTW, not God, who I suspect is Ralph or Atkins incarnate.:D

Chef
01-29-2005, 11:27 PM
I think you guys need to quit your *****in and agree on one thing that you should have known a long time ago: Jenna Jameson created the earth, and everything else.

01-29-2005, 11:28 PM
STFU about religion you a##hole.

Nobody cares about it here. None of the sh** were discussing has got anything to do with it. Noone ever said you had to worship your creator, which happens to be chance. So you also dont need religion even if God does exist.

Can you make any post without taking a shot at religion.
What do you mean none of this has any religious relevence. The post on the Bible I made WAS ENTIRELY ABOUT WHY IT IS RELEVENT.

EDIT: Chef, if Jenna Jameson created the universe, I cant wait to go to heaven!:macho :macho

Ralph
01-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Fine, you have all convinced me that 1) I am a hopless retard, and 2) I am wrong so I will now be an evolutionist.

My belief is flawed and cant be backed up with fact, so I say the f**^ with it.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

took you long enough, gosh. im not trying to make you have a change of heart. but i think thats what u are trying to do posting things like "think about what u belive in"

instead of just being ignorant and trying to say someone else is wrong in something that hasnt been proved. keep ur options open. I dont KNOW that there isnt a god. I STRONGLY DISBELIVE IN THE BIBLE/RELIGION/CHURCH. Evelution makes sense to me, and has alot of things backing it up.

You asked us to back some things up and then u just end the thing with a sarcastic "you were right im gay"

Stevie-D
01-29-2005, 11:29 PM
AGREED:D

Argument has reached a compromise.

Guys, Im sorry that I got u all pissed off, I really am. Were just a couple of dumbass kids anyway. No body will ever care about us, or me anyway, so why give a chit.

Time for a drink:cool:

God
01-29-2005, 11:29 PM
Hey stevie have you read my new book? Evolution for dumbasses? I think you'll like it!
ps:you are going to hell, sorry.

Ralph
01-29-2005, 11:31 PM
AGREED:D

Argument has reached a compromise.

Guys, Im sorry that I got u all pissed off, I really am. Were just a couple of dumbass kids anyway. No body will ever care about us, or me anyway, so why give a chit.

Time for a drink:cool:

no your wrong

God
01-29-2005, 11:31 PM
How dare you say that i am impersonating my own creation! You will burn in hell for that!

Stevie-D
01-29-2005, 11:32 PM
Ive already read half of it here.

Very helpful

01-29-2005, 11:32 PM
Were just a couple of dumbass kids anyway. No body will ever care about us, or me anyway, so why give a chit.

No one will ever care about you? Wheres you God now???

God
01-29-2005, 11:33 PM
No one will ever care about you? Wheres you God now???

He's right i dont care about you stevie. Sorry

Ralph
01-29-2005, 11:34 PM
oh and btw im not god unless you know of a way we can post at the same exact time. but u never know since its god.

01-29-2005, 11:34 PM
Neither am I.:chinese:

btw, disproving organized religion is a fun activity, I must say.

God
01-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Yes it is neither atkins or ralph this is posting this. Because it is GOD the almighty.

God
01-29-2005, 11:37 PM
I must say stevie you are one ugly creation of mine. Didnt mean to go so harsh on the boobs, but meh what you gonna do.

Lucipher
01-29-2005, 11:38 PM
Who are you to call yourself almighty?

Stevie-D
01-29-2005, 11:38 PM
No one will ever care about you? Wheres you God now???[/QUOTE]

Look, this has nothing to do with religion. The Bible's story is even kind of far-fetched, what with God making man outta dust. So dont even focus on religion. It has nothing to do with being religious. [QUOTE]

God
01-29-2005, 11:40 PM
WHO ARE YOU TO MAKE A FORUM NAME JUST TO START STUPID ****? YES GOD CAN TYPE IN ALL CAPS.

Ralph
01-29-2005, 11:41 PM
To whoever is making the stupid names, it might have been funny once or twice. but its old now please stop yourself.

stace609
01-29-2005, 11:42 PM
On the original subject....9000 years is very believable. People had already moved into the southern US and Mexico (jogging my memory) between 12000 and 15000 years ago. You never hear about a lot of the bodies found because local tribes of Native Americans have the right to claim them and bury them according to their religion. One of interest to do a search on: The Kennewick Man.
Just FYI...I love the topic of anthropology and evolution. I have taken many courses, read about it for enjoyment, and belong to the anthro club at my college. If you have any questions I'd be happy to try to help :)

God
Who are you to tell GOD to stop anything. I'm just bored and decided to go on a random forum to stir things up for a change.

Lucipher
SHUT UP RALPH. (I can do it too.:devil: )

God
01-29-2005, 11:43 PM
This isnt ralph....

Ralph
01-29-2005, 11:44 PM
goodnight, goodfight

atkins, its geting old, your the only one who it could be since me and stevie posted at the same time as your 2 wonderfull creations many times. Its not funny anymore...stfu...

Lucipher
01-29-2005, 11:45 PM
I know. I know everything.

To whoever is making the stupid names, it might have been funny once or twice. but its old now please stop yourself.

God
01-29-2005, 11:50 PM
This isnt atkins its his friend thats reading this post with him. So stop freaking out. I made this screen name just to have some fun chill.

Stevie-D
01-29-2005, 11:55 PM
Stace, feel free to argue about evolution or whatever. Ive had enough for one night.

Good post, the topic is a good one, and I guess its ok that we got into a fight about it. Even tho what we argued about had nothing to do with the topic.:p

Admin: (or whatever modl) sorry for taking up bandwidth with useless dumb crap. well take it on IM next time. assuming there will be a next time, which there wont be.

rest easy guys, God and lucifer will be gone in the morning.:cool:

stace609
01-29-2005, 11:57 PM
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I wasn't trying to join the fight. I was just trying to add to the originial topic. Guess I came in too late.

01-29-2005, 11:58 PM
goodnight, goodfight

atkins, its geting old, your the only one who it could be since me and stevie posted at the same time as your 2 wonderfull creations many times. Its not funny anymore...stfu...
Actually, it couldnt be me, as ive been browsing the open forum continuously all night.

01-30-2005, 12:00 AM
Well, goodbye then Sevie, and I dont see why this needs to be taken to AIM, or ranting does create and solve many evolutionary questions, as well as answer many carbon dating questions.

Stevie-D
01-30-2005, 02:58 PM
wtf? my dumbarse brother has been posting on here with my name. please disregard anything that was posted under my name in this thread

01-30-2005, 03:44 PM
Wow, nice try, but thats not gonna work.:rolleyes: