PDA

View Full Version : Best 250r Aftermarket Frame???

bullet
01-27-2005, 08:16 PM
What do you all Feel is the Best most durable aftermarket frame for MX on the market at a Reasonable price???

deathman53
01-27-2005, 08:29 PM
defintley a baja style frame, its a bit heavier, but..... Lsr make a good one.

beerock
01-27-2005, 10:30 PM
the lsr's are nice but I just dont know about them lsr pieces.

arens makes a awesome frame for the 250r at the best price. a laeger stock geom is good too.i dont think there makin frames anymore though. they might be back in production. for the money though the arens are cheap and very strong there known as the million mile frame.

gimp419
01-28-2005, 07:52 AM
I've beat the crap out of my Aren's frame for about 4 seasons now and it's holding up great. Laeger and Arens have got to be the two strongest frames out there.

QuadRacer041
01-28-2005, 09:39 AM
if you want the best get a walsh or a roll, laeger doesnt make frames anymore.
if you want the best bang for your buck then get the arens

bullet
01-28-2005, 09:54 AM
Yeah but there is only one problem with that. Walsh does not make a frame for a 250r motor.

QuadRacer041
01-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by bullet
Yeah but there is only one problem with that. Walsh does not make a frame for a 250r motor.

i guess my just has walsh sticker then:rolleyes:

bullet
01-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Ok, So How do I get one :)

I looked at the site and maybe they are not making New 250r Frames. Did you get yours used or from another site or am I missing Something??

QuadRacer041
01-28-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by bullet
Ok, So How do I get one :)

I looked at the site and maybe they are not making New 250r Frames. Did you get yours used or from another site or am I missing Something??

well walsh is in the process of moving to florida so they are not taking orders for frames right now but they can still make them
call them up

QuadRacer041
01-28-2005, 10:21 AM
i actually just sold that chassis cause i built a walsh crf, i was advertising it here for a few months, i sold it dirt cheap didnt you see it for sale?

bullet
01-28-2005, 01:32 PM
no i didn`t wish i did. Thanks

CTmxyfz
01-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Lou, my sponsor Jim buy your frame? I haven't talked to him in awhile.

QuadRacer041
01-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by CTmxyfz
Lou, my sponsor Jim buy your frame? I haven't talked to him in awhile.

jim shaivo?hes your sponsor?what company is he with.no he didnt buy it, he stole the damb thing, lol.its gonna cost him more for a arms and a stem then he paid for the frame, sun frame and swing arm.
i dropped my stuff off at walsh when i picked up my stuff, when i told mikew how much i sold it for his jaw dropped, lol

CTmxyfz
01-28-2005, 02:38 PM
So schiavo is talking about your frame. yes, he is my main sponsor sorta speak. He is now looking for a stem and a arms for it too. LOL. It is going to be the Insane ATV show bike.;)

beerock
01-28-2005, 05:54 PM
i bet he sells it once its done:devil:

trust me LOL

here is jims OLD walsh HAHAHA he sold it to the bone doc.

hmm that seems to be a 250r motor in this one too.

hey lou they must be rare walsh R's :p

CTmxyfz
01-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Wow, thats crazy. I always thought the R looked familiar. It ressembles Jim's old R soo much. But now i know it was his. Schiavo build a bike and keep it? Hell no... He built a sick yfz, raced it once, rode it 3 times and i rode it once also and then he sells it.. Buys a stock 450r, orders all walsh/hiper/axis etc and then sells the bike and sells the stock stuff. Now he has a walsh crf on his hands:rolleyes: :rolleyes:One thing is for sure, im riding that beast.:D Im going to go help him throw that piece together too.

beerock
01-29-2005, 11:37 AM
ya hes a little nuts! hehe but hes a good guy and builds bikes with the best of everything, I guess thats why we both get along so well.

CTmxyfz
01-29-2005, 12:44 PM
same here man, same here. Jim is a good buddy and great sponsor to have. He helps me dial in my bike.

His Walsh CRF should be sick when done. He said i have more bling though,:eek: Thats not like jim:o

schiavo250r
01-29-2005, 01:09 PM
Hey Guys, Glad to see you talking SMACK.:D . I should be going to Walsh On mon. to pick up the CRF Frame. Can't Wait. Beerock Have not heard from you in a while. You are MIA. Also Lou quad looks great I can't wait to post pics of mine. Might be a while b/c I am having it powdercoated myself. Justin, remeber I am the teacher and you are the student:blah: LOL. Talk to you guys soon.

CTmxyfz
01-29-2005, 01:13 PM
Hmm, i have an idea. We drag lou, beerock, yourself and myself for a day at Rocky Hill in the spring. Your the teacher Jim when it comes to dialing in the motor. I'm the teacher on the track:blah: SUCKA. Thing you will be able to hold on to the almighty CRF this year or will i have to ride it for you.:uhoh: :bandit: It is all good, we are both Insane ATV riders.

Aside from the jokes, we will all need to meet one day and ride. Good thing im getting some more go fast mods to keep up with the crfs.:D

beerock
01-29-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by CTmxyfz
Hmm, i have an idea. We drag lou, beerock, yourself and myself for a day at Rocky Hill in the spring. Your the teacher Jim when it comes to dialing in the motor. I'm the teacher on the track:blah: SUCKA. Thing you will be able to hold on to the almighty CRF this year or will i have to ride it for you.:uhoh: :bandit: It is all good, we are both Insane ATV riders.

Aside from the jokes, we will all need to meet one day and ride. Good thing im getting some more go fast mods to keep up with the crfs.:D

that old man might whoop yer *** on da track ;)

sounds like a plan i talked to jim on aim and we should all get together either down the shore or on greenwood lake for some oval ice racing.

just remember if we drag dont cry;)

QuadRacer041
01-29-2005, 03:20 PM
hopefully nate isnt pulling your chain jim and it WILL be ready on monday. i talked to him before and he said the the motor mounts will be ready in a few days.
i cant wait to get the rear end on so i can get it on the ground fire it up,:devil:

beerock
01-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
hopefully nate isnt pulling your chain jim and it WILL be ready on monday. i talked to him before and he said the the motor mounts will be ready in a few days.
i cant wait to get the rear end on so i can get it on the ground fire it up,:devil:

congrats on the new crf lou

CTmxyfz
01-29-2005, 09:49 PM
we abouts for some ice riding? My bike won't be done for about another month+. Jim is holding my LSR swinger back from me. They told them to hold it for awhile on me.:mad: lol, that would suck if it happened. Let me know though, ill drag out the ol'416 and go ice riding.

Im waiting to get my motor back together so i can drag Jim's crf. Stock piped crf motor vs. modded yfz. Should be a good race:D

Me and Jim have already gone at it once before. He had his yfz and i had mine with a stock rear shock on what not. I kept up with him, but couldn't pass him as the track wasn't wide enough for 2 50" quads. Im going to put a hurting on him this year though, just wait Jim!:muscle: :muscle:

QuadRacer041
01-30-2005, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by beerock
congrats on the new crf lou

thanks

gibson400ex
01-30-2005, 07:11 AM
WALSH OR LEAGER! enough said!

Love my walsh 250r!