PDA

View Full Version : stock shock upgrade???

250r rider 88
01-27-2005, 07:54 PM
anyone knoe any company that does a stock shock rebuild like on a 450r someone like C&D or derisi? thanks also i going to be racing local races here in indiana this year beginner mx and suggestions for setups that wrok well and are cheap cause im a high scholl student wiht low paying job thanks again

beak7707
01-28-2005, 07:23 AM
If you have stock front shocks they cant be rebuilt like the 450r. The rear however can, Jeff@thequadshop can do an elka rebuild. He turns it into a triple rate SSD and revavles it for your weight. I'm pretty sure TCS and PEP still do this also. Since the rear will be SSD I believe you would want SSD shocks up front also. THe rear rebuild is agood upgrade, but is kinda pricey I believe 300+. So you would prob be better off just buying a fully after market used rear and fronts. I know they are high dollar but suspension upgrades make you faster than any motor mod, and used suspension for the R's are flaoting around everywhere.

SixthFloorFreak
01-28-2005, 12:57 PM
i have an Elka rebuild on my R, and it rocks...more shock than i'll probably ever use