PDA

View Full Version : loosing weight!

JRP
01-27-2005, 06:52 PM
hey I am gonna start racing next year but i need to get into shape. give me sum suggestions on how to get into shape. i quit drinking sodas. and i am also conditioning for soccer. my problem is that when it rains i cant exercise and i get stuck eating alot. i jus wanna get into shape. and suggestions would be appreciated.

416exmx
01-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Yeah I need to shed a few lbs before this spring also. I am stuck in town in a rental house waiting on the weather to cooperate to finish up my new house. When i get moved out to my new house (where my shop is also) I will stay very busy in the evengings. I have found that boredom leads to eating. So lets hear it you dieting/fittness pros.

250xridamatt
01-27-2005, 07:01 PM
When you can't run or something like that. Stay inside and do push-ups, lunges, wall sits, sit ups. Anything to help with strength. For soccer i have two a days that start in august. To get ready for that I try to run and give up pop for the summer. I have also been in the weight room a couple days a week after school.

Rain doesnt mean you cant excercise. Just go out for a run in the rain, as long as it isn't like freezing rain or something. You can do anything cardio vascular to help with the weight and your endurance.

bansheeguy77
01-27-2005, 07:47 PM
if losing weight is the only goal you have its simple. eat healthy, make sure ya get a multi vitamin, cut ur daily cals close to if not in half. and run. run ur *** off. stay focused and dont quit. set a goal to run like 5 days a week, for 20 minutes straight to start. (just using these minute numbers as an example) then continually bump it up til your at 45 minutes. cardio sheds the weight. so if it rains get a stationary bike and do 3 miles on that or anything that really gets your heart rate up and sweat pouring off of you. also a good rule of thumb, take a before picture of yourself with shirt and stuff off. then in 4 weeks take another and compare. they are good motovational tools :p any more questions feel free to ask :) :scary:

hardkoratvmxr
01-27-2005, 07:50 PM
ride as much as you can jump rope for cadio run a treadmill do pull ups for arm pump and arm strength eat right and take vitamins

iceracer65
01-27-2005, 09:22 PM
just ride!!!

when i go to glamis every year i dont feel i eat any different...but i always loose almost ten pounds!

when all you have to do is ride its easy to get into riding shape;) :p

Quad18star
01-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Follow a diet , do excercises and have willpower . When it rains , instead of eating chips and chocolate , eat fruits and veggies .

I'm trying to find a way to put on the weight . LOL . I've lost a lot of muscle mass since I've been injured and I can't put on a pound . :mad:

250xridamatt
01-28-2005, 05:04 AM
Fat is a lot easier to turn in to muscle than just building it from scratch. I went to lose some weight my running and stuff, but i ended up going to the gym a couple of time. I have gained like 10 lbs since i started a couple months ago. Maybe when i go for headers i just wont get plowed over like normal.