PDA

View Full Version : Chad sits out TX

chad duvall
01-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Chad wanted everyone to know why you will see him at TX but he will not be racing. We have had a couple of weeks we would of liked to woke up to being a bad dream. Chad wasnt felling well after having a tooth pulled a few weeks back, so his Doctor friend wanted to run blood work before he went to TX to make sure he wasnt nemic. The worst news we could of gotten we got. On that Thursday he was diagnosed with CML (Chronic myeloid leukemia). The 24hours after that seemed like forever! He had to go to a cancer doctor the next morning and they put him in the hospital that afternoon to start a pill called hydroxia(chemo pill) to get his white cells down! He started at 128 thousand should of been between 4 and 11 thousand. He was in there till Tuesday am and the pill got it down to 40 when he left. We then had another appointment on that friday and he was down to 20 thousand. We had to wait till then to see what the treatment was and if he could continue to race. They have him on a pill called Gleevec, and it has been working great. No side affects yet and we got back last nite from Morgantown(WVU hospital) and they have released him to start racing again in FL. He wanted everyone to know he is doing well now and is very fired up and determined more than ever to do this. Randy(am-pro) ITP, IMS, ELKA, DUNCAN AND ROLL are behind him 110% and he says he will beat this. Chad welcomes any questions or comments, he wants this to be a positive thing for people, you can over come bad happenings in your life,and HE WILL!
Thanks Duvalls

47501exracer
01-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Sorry to hear that. Best wishes in your recovery and hope to see you back in action soon.

Pappy
01-27-2005, 06:43 PM
man it couldnt have happened to a nicer fella:(

in true Duvall style tho i see he has his chin up and will beat this thing down:macho

God Bless you Chad and we will all include you and your family in our prayers

Johnny & Monica
01-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Oh this just makes me sick. All our prayers are with you and your family.

ILGNCC400EX
01-27-2005, 07:27 PM
get well soon chad:) see you at the races

hardkoratvmxr
01-27-2005, 07:35 PM
we will all pray for ya

Braff1
01-27-2005, 07:36 PM
Me and the family wish a speedy recovery.

Dan

beak7707
01-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Best wishes chad, hope your back on the track soon.

AtvMxRider
01-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by beak7707

tamehart
01-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Best of luck...its awesome to have a + attitude...that's the only way you can beat anything.
God Bless you.

Johnny & Monica
01-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Hey Chad, Johnny said he's looking forward to the day you slam him in the *** end and tell him to get the H*ll out of the way like you did Ironman a few years back. Ha Ha!!

Zhvonte
01-27-2005, 08:00 PM
chad, best wishes in your recovery.....

400exmom
01-27-2005, 08:10 PM
:( ....

Best wishes to the whole duvall family~

Ken Robey
01-27-2005, 08:12 PM
So sorry to hear about this Chad. Good luck with the recovery. If there is anything you need call. I wouldn't be where I am at if it wasn't for you and your mother. Thanks a million, see you soon.

captain mike
01-27-2005, 08:30 PM
looks like the gncc community has it's own lance armstrong:D follows the docs orders and drink a cold N/A for me

cdalejef
01-28-2005, 06:26 AM
If anyone can beat this, its Chad! Get well soon buddy. :macho

spincr4hire
01-28-2005, 06:42 AM
Get well soon Chad!:)

GNCCracer
01-28-2005, 06:58 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery Chad. Good luck to you and your family.

Chad Wallace

popo
01-28-2005, 07:11 AM
Chad.

You have allot of support from fellow racers. Just remember the hospital gown opening goes towards the back not front.

03GNCC270
01-28-2005, 08:43 AM
CHAD IF YOU NEED ANYTHING GIVE ME A CALL. HOPE TO SEE YA BACK IN ACTION SOON

CHRIS PETTIT

Cdaleracer
01-28-2005, 08:52 AM
gell well soon!!

crayfz
01-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Just another log in the trail, you have to over come.

BUCK442
01-28-2005, 09:54 AM
I know from a family experience that this can be beat. From talking with you at the races and even letting us borrow your Mechanic and work shop you have the positive attitude,fellowship and family support that it takes to win any battle.

We pray for all Duvalls!;)

gizmocor
01-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Very sorry to hear about this, makes us realize how fragile life really is. It's awesome how determined Chad is though, he is really a role model for a lot of us. Hope things stay positive and you can kick a** in Florida!!!

Cory Vickerd

ohmer22
01-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Sorry to hear about this. Get well soon Chad.
Best wishes to the Duvall's

killerkfx
01-28-2005, 04:03 PM
best wishes to the whole duvall family. i got the opportunity to meet chad a while back, and what a guy. just thought i would let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

z400ACDC
01-28-2005, 06:31 PM
My family will have you and your family at the top of our prayer list! Get Well Soon!:)

markk
01-29-2005, 03:07 AM
Get well soon man, From all of us here in Southern Illinois!

See ya at the track!

DeCesare Racing
01-29-2005, 07:10 AM
Chad,
I'm the "mom" from the DeCesare Racing team. My son let me know your news was posted and I thought perhaps I could be of some help. I was diagnosed with CML in January 1998 at the age of 39. Prior to that, my father had CML in 1988. I'm very familiar with this disease and it's treatments so if you need someone to talk to, or if your wife needs someone to talk to, I'm here for you.

I live locally in Mineral Ridge, OH which is about 2 hours from you. Initially, I was on the hyroxurea and interferon (frontline treatment in 1998). Then, in 2000, I went to MD Anderson in Houston, Texas for the trial for Gleevec. My Dr. there is Dr. Talpaz who is one of the leading CML drs. in the world. I've continued my treatment there for the past 7 years. There is a lot of hope. If you have to have a form of leukemia, this is the one to have. There are new trial drugs in the pipeline coming. They actually believe that soon this will be a chronic disease treated like Diabetes.

If you want any more info, you can email me privately at DianneSDeC@aol.com I'd be more than glad to help you guys out in anyway possible. Once you get over the initial shock of things, it's really not all that bad!

brian-250
01-29-2005, 07:21 AM
Best wishes to you and your family Chad.:(

Bonnie Cook
01-29-2005, 10:33 AM
Chad ~ like Bryan and I told you in Virginia - you belong on the track and we will miss you! I will keep you in our prayers and continue to think of your family through this time. As a nurse, I see a lot of family's reactions to first time diagnosis to cancer, diabetes, leukemia, and more - and I am glad you are all being strong and supportive.
~We send our love and moral support.

ex kid
01-29-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by DeCesare Racing
Chad,
I'm the "mom" from the DeCesare Racing team. My son let me know your news was posted and I thought perhaps I could be of some help. I was diagnosed with CML in January 1998 at the age of 39. Prior to that, my father had CML in 1988. I'm very familiar with this disease and it's treatments so if you need someone to talk to, or if your wife needs someone to talk to, I'm here for you.

I live locally in Mineral Ridge, OH which is about 2 hours from you. Initially, I was on the hyroxurea and interferon (frontline treatment in 1998). Then, in 2000, I went to MD Anderson in Houston, Texas for the trial for Gleevec. My Dr. there is Dr. Talpaz who is one of the leading CML drs. in the world. I've continued my treatment there for the past 7 years. There is a lot of hope. If you have to have a form of leukemia, this is the one to have. There are new trial drugs in the pipeline coming. They actually believe that soon this will be a chronic disease treated like Diabetes.

If you want any more info, you can email me privately at DianneSDeC@aol.com I'd be more than glad to help you guys out in anyway possible. Once you get over the initial shock of things, it's really not all that bad!

BTW how is your son who got hurt inTX last season?

DeCesare Racing
01-29-2005, 05:15 PM
:)My son is doing well. He's back to work and is busy building a home. He also just completed building a new race bike. I'm sure he'll be back out at the track in the future.

brndnbllnc
01-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Chad
I got the news a few days ago and was just sitting here at the computer at my parents house and was scanning through things under Brandon's password and seen the post and I just wanted to let you know that my prayers are with you and your family. Hope your back on the track soon--I know you will!!!
You have always been one of the toughest guys out there!!
Look forward to seeing you in Texas.

Bill Ballance

My prayers are with you too!!
Tyra Ballance

Chef
01-29-2005, 06:31 PM
I dont pray, nor have I ever been to a GNCC, but I will be thinking about you, as much as I can anyway, not really knowing what you look like or anything...Get well soon man.

chad duvall
01-29-2005, 07:03 PM
I wanted to thank everyone for their prays and support. It was a very hard thing for me to admit at first but as of today I am feeling pretty strong! I feel very lucky to have so many people that care about me and I will be stronger for that!
Thanks again to all of you!
See ya at the track!
Chad:)

Pappy
01-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Here is a picture of Chad earlier this year at the Patriot Gncc.

Chad, sounds like you have a bunch of prayers and thoughts heading your way! More proof you are a good guy :D

theTman
01-29-2005, 07:35 PM
good luck chad! my prays go out for you and your family

Admin
01-31-2005, 08:44 AM
Some words from Chad Duvall's Mom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"As Chad's mom I would like to thank each and every one of you for being so supportive to Chad and for being such wonderful friends. This news really took the wind out of all of us, but it was Chad that got up first and gave us the strength to to accept this and face the challenge. If any one has the courage and the determination to over come this I know Chad will. His wife, Susie and his son Thad stand strongly beside Chad and support his wish to return to racing as soon as possible. A special thanks to Chad's sponsors for having faith in Chad and for being there for him and for their continued support. A special thanks to Randy Hawkins, Barry Hawk, Jason Raines, Craig Peterson, Loren Duncan, Doug Rolls. Also, thanks, Ken Roby and Bill Balance for your kind words they are appreciated thanks goes out to Graig Roush, Kent and J.l Dean for there hard work on the bikes we appreciate you so much. I know when Chad is on the podium, and he says "I want to thank my family and friends" he truly means it from his heart and you all are "what it is all about".. please continue to think of Chad in your thought and prayers.

Cody_300ex
02-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by beak7707

:(

John Houser
02-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Chad, my thougts are with you! I hope that this is just a "bump" in the track that you you'll know how to handle.

TheJaspMan
02-02-2005, 06:15 AM
Duvall Family, from my family (Chuck, Carrie & Steven DeBault) we would like to wish you a speedy recovery. Please keep us updated with information and we will look for you very soon at the track.

Rico
02-02-2005, 06:59 AM
Your a champion so this should be a piece a cake for ya.....:macho

xcracer01
02-02-2005, 08:41 AM
You will be In my prayers. Good luck and Quads speed.

Andy Lagzdins
02-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Hey Chad- The strong will overcome! You are a rock, man. I know you'll beat this down and be roosting away in front of me again soon!

More power to you,
Andy

sherml13
02-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Chad,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as we just heard the news. If you or family should need anything please do not hesitate to call. Keep your head up and follow the doctors orders.

chad cavagnaro
02-03-2005, 04:38 PM
hate to hear this for you and your family. get well soon and go to fla. and kick some butt!! hope to say high to ya in tex. best wishes. chad cavagnaro

Dave400ex
02-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Get well soon Chad. Races wouldn't be the same with out you.

jlhughes750
02-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Please keep us posted...

I told my 3 year old boy Jake what was going on, I showed him your picture and showed him an action shot i got off the site here.
Later at dinner, out of the blue he asks if we can hold hands and pray for you, remebered your name and all!!! We don't normally do this before dinner like we should, not many familys do anymore, my parnets do, I guess thats were he picked it up.....

You'll be fine, theres alot of good people out there that are thinking of you!!!

Later, Jason,Tara,Jacob and Alina Hughes

Admin
02-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
Please keep us posted...

I told my 3 year old boy Jake what was going on, I showed him your picture and showed him an action shot i got off the site here.
Later at dinner, out of the blue he asks if we can hold hands and pray for you, remebered your name and all!!! We don't normally do this before dinner like we should, not many familys do anymore, my parnets do, I guess thats were he picked it up.....

You'll be fine, theres alot of good people out there that are thinking of you!!!

Later, Jason,Tara,Jacob and Alina Hughes

I agree 100%, we are all pulling for you Chad:macho

I think of it as a slippery hillclimb with all of us grabbing onto you and pulling you to the top.

ex kid
02-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Admin

I think of it as a slippery hillclimb with all of us grabbing onto you and pulling you to the top.

nice visual.

get well

Rico
02-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Admin

That senario gives me bad flash backs of the Ironman 3 years ago....:o

Santo DeRisi
02-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Chad and Family,
Me and my families thoughts and prayers are are with you! I ready to see you get back out on the track with us and have some fun again! I know you will not have any trouble at all getting over this! We i am looking forward to seeing you at the race!

Talk to you and your family soon!!!

chad duvall
02-05-2005, 08:31 PM
I went friday for my weekly visit to the doc(once a week for 4 weeks, then once a month). I am still nemic but I went back to work last tuesday and felt ok. He said after I get this amenia under control I should feel like a million bucks. I have some lower back pain but had an MRI/x-rays today and the doc called tonight and said Bone marrow looks ok, just have a vertibray dehidrated which alot more water and motrin will take care of. I just wanted to thank everyone again for your kind thoughts and prays. IT HELPS ALOT! See ya at the races!:)

Badger_Skid
02-05-2005, 08:59 PM
The first time I met Chad was at the Wisp a few years back, one of the first things that I noticed was Chad genuine concern into peoples lives. Many people will give you some of their time but not too many will lend part of their heart, Chad will. Whether it’s signing an autograph or just talking about a young person’s bike Chad will listen and will give them the time they deserve. A champion through and through. Want to make a good friend? Next time you’re at a race meet Chad Duvall and your life will be better.

When my business was young and I had no clue how things should be done Chad showed me ways to do things and the right people to hang with. If I thought of an idea that was way off base Chad had a way of giving me reasons to change my mind. He has never been critical, and has always shown a huge amount of respect for the effort people put into something. I once told Chad that I’ll build his skids for as long as he wants me too, not because it’s good business, because he’s my friend.

Chad, my family and friends are praying for you and no doubt you will whip this and be back on the track in no time at all. A small bump in the road……… Thanks for being Chad.

God Speed,
Deric