PDA

View Full Version : Southwick

xander1027
01-27-2005, 06:19 PM
im going to be racing in southwick soon and i have never been there before. i want to kno what you guys do to prepare for it and if you have any tips? i kno that its a really rough track and it beats the sh** out of you other than that is there anything i would want to kno?

thanks

rollie
01-27-2005, 07:52 PM
well ive never raced there but i've raced a few races(not wick) and i know alot of people that have raced wick....i heard that if you take your skid plate off the swinger you wont get stuck in the sand...but DONT let off...also 2 burms form in most corners if you dont pick a line and stick to it you'll end up on the top of one....also the whoops there dont look bad but i heard there terrible.....i hope this helps

btw ill be there for all the NEATV-mx races....air cooled #51:cool:

BigBore81
01-27-2005, 08:58 PM
All I have to say is physical training is a must for southwick. I race the pro am classes and we race 6 laps, all the other casses run 4 laps. But i do know for a fact if your not trained for the track you'll be whooped by the end of a moto. ANyone who does good there basically trains all winter and rides alot the whoops and sand get so ruff it just beats the heck out of you. That would be my only advise is get in shape.

d-unitracing157
01-27-2005, 09:04 PM
I raced there not to long ago and it is a fun track tiring but a fun a track when you go thou certain areas that get real whooped out just get back as far as possibable and hold it open also just follow the wagon wheels they will guide you throu hold it wide open...have fun and be careful of the big double in the middle don't hit not that many pros hit it....i crashed on and broke my quad.

Good luck it is a fun track

baldwinmx450r
01-27-2005, 10:01 PM
I went 1 and 1 this year when the gnc's made the stop. SUSPENTION IS THE KEY. If i can remember right i ran my long travel PEP ZPS's at click 2 in the front and click 3 in the rear, I can't remember my zps spring settings these are the large 8 click ressies. make sure your skid plate is securley bolted on and clean your airfilter after every moto. BC of all the sand make sure your clutch cable is lubed properly. On all of the large whoops and jumps use the rowing techique to keep the back of you quad down and digging for traction. warm up your tires on the start, and run a little less air in your rear tires than you normally do and a little more in the front i think i ran 18 in the front and 9 or 10 in the rear. Lean back and just let the bike to the work. hope that helps.

-ross

01-28-2005, 03:16 PM
if you want to trane for southwick find a nice woped track to ride and just don't sit down. AT ALL!!!!!!! even the corners get so bad you never get a chance to sit, and if you try it you'll never forget going right over the bars;)