01-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Well today marks 60 years since the liberation of Auschwitz . :(

Honda4trax250x
01-27-2005, 06:20 PM
A very improtant day in history.:(

at least we gave those nazis a boot in the ***:macho

sweet300ex
01-27-2005, 06:21 PM
I just did a report on the Holocaust today.

Quad18star
01-27-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
A very improtant day in history.:(

at least we gave those nazis a boot in the ***:macho

Yes it is a very important day in history , and hopefully everyone takes a minute to remember it .

We did take care of the SS , but it's a shame that over 6 million Jews , along with many others had to suffer at the hands of these sick people . Over 1.1 million died at the Auschwitz camp alone . :( You average time of surviving when you arrived there was 2 1/2 hours .

Honda4trax250x
01-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
You average time of surviving when you arrived there was 2 1/2 hours .

That is a sickening statistic.

Quad18star
01-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
That is a sickening statistic.

Very sickening . And if they decided not to kill you when you arrived , you were either worked to death , you starved to death , deseases killed you , beaten to death , shot , injected with lethal chemicals as they watched you die , or were part of some sick experiment .

bansheeguy77
01-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Well today marks 60 years since the liberation of Auschwitz . :(

so what did you canadians send over, 2 row boats and a kite with a weather meter on it? lol jk man :p

it is definately an important day in history no doubt. unlike most, i have found an interest in actually studying the life of hitler and the nazis. what made him that way and how his life was, what led up to it. IN NO WAY AM I SAYING I AGREED WITH WHAT HE HAS DONE. had to get that out of the way before i get called a nazi. he was an intelligent man who united a country. the sad part was everything was for the wrong reason. he just seemed to have a run-in more than once with jewish people. he also had a very rough childhood. but i guess he got what was coming to him, altho sadly im sure it wasnt as painful as it should have been to take 6 million lives. i cant even begin to think of seeing 1 million people alive let alone 6 million dead.

on another note i was watching a show last night on the race for nuclear weapons last night in WWII. they said that the japanese were 2 DAYS away from bombing san francisco. luckily we intercepted a sub heading to japan from germany that had plutonium on it and put 2 and 2 together :macho

Quad18star
01-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Actually I think it was 3 canoes . Actually all jokes aside , we Canadians did play a role in the war. My grandfather was in the Navy , and had his ship blown out of the water . He was lucky enough to survive , while holding on to debris for a few days ... many of this fellow mates didn't make it . :(

Here's a bit of Trivia .... Which nations army freed the prisoners being held at Auschwitz ??

n00b on a 400ex
01-27-2005, 09:30 PM
ive done some research of auschwitz and zyklon-b, it says zyklon-b takes like 20 hours or something to clear out, and that the nazis would have to kill 150 something jews per hour nonstop on average to hit the 6 million mark. (now dont get me wrong, i know the holocaust happened, i just dont quite agree on the numbers)

Quad18star
01-27-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm not sure about the zyklon - b stuff ... I know it's used as a pesticide , but thats about all i know . From watching documentries and reading up on it a bit , they were saying that they were able to fit as many as 3000 people inside one of the larger gas chambers at Auschwitz and in a matter of 20 minutes it would kill them all . :confused:

UbeenSmoked
01-27-2005, 10:55 PM

Here's a bit of Trivia .... Which nations army freed the prisoners being held at Auschwitz ??

Great Britian or Russia

oldsandman
01-28-2005, 12:13 PM
Actually I think it was 3 canoes . Actually all jokes aside , we Canadians did play a role in the war. My grandfather was in the Navy , and had his ship blown out of the water . He was lucky enough to survive , while holding on to debris for a few days ... many of this fellow mates didn't make it . :(

The former USSR.
And you're right the Canadians did hold their own during WWII actually preceding the US entrance into the war. My father in-law is an American who joined the RCAF in 1940 to fight two years before the US entered the war.

Quad18star
01-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by oldsandman
The former USSR.
And you're right the Canadians did hold their own during WWII actually preceding the US entrance into the war. My father in-law is an American who joined the RCAF in 1940 to fight two years before the US entered the war.

Yup ... the Soviet Union liberated the prisoners at Auschwitz .

If we'd have a strong airforce , I'd have signed up for the RCAF but the chances of getting in with them are very very minimal . Limited number of fighter jets and long waiting lists to be able to fly one . I do know that our Air force , even with only a handfull of jets, is ranked up top with some of the best in the world as far as pricision and more technical flying . I've had the chance to watch them fly a few years back and they put on quite a show . The " Snow Birds" are known around the world as a great flying team .

oldsandman
01-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by n00b on a 400ex
ive done some research of auschwitz and zyklon-b, it says zyklon-b takes like 20 hours or something to clear out, and that the nazis would have to kill 150 something jews per hour nonstop on average to hit the 6 million mark. (now dont get me wrong, i know the holocaust happened, i just dont quite agree on the numbers)

You do realize that their were hundreds of camps that people died at. Not all used zyklon-b only a few of the Extermination Camps did.
Of the Extermination Camps most used carbon monoxide a bullet or hanging. Auchwitz being the most efficiant Extermination Camp used zyklon-b could kill and cremate 20,000 people a day.
The hundreds of Concentration Camps basicaly starved and worked to death their prisoners those that couldn't work were shot or hung. Dachau probably was the most infamous of the Concentraion Camps it did have crematorium but no gas chambers.

JUSTINcredible
01-28-2005, 01:16 PM
now how many ppl know about the japenese camps during WWII. Our own country forced innocent japense that lived here to leave thier homes and live in camps for years. dont hear about that in many history books do you?

sure they were givin food and housing and werent being killed but that still isnt right.

bansheeguy77
01-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by JUSTINcredible
now how many ppl know about the japenese camps during WWII. Our own country forced innocent japense that lived here to leave thier homes and live in camps for years. dont hear about that in many history books do you?

sure they were givin food and housing and werent being killed but that still isnt right.

yeah they lived in horse stables and other random stuff like that. back then a war was a war. now its this politically correct crap.

what exactly is the canadian military called these days?? im not joking i dont know what it is called :confused:

Quad18star
01-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77

what exactly is the canadian military called these days?? im not joking i dont know what it is called :confused:

Royal Canadian Military .

Many people refer to it was the Canadian Armed Forces ... but it really is the Royal Canadian Military .

F-16Guy
01-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by JUSTINcredible

Hindsight is 20/20. At the time, the Japanese were considered a very determined, loyal, and dangerous enemy. It may seem unethical now, but it was probably the most practical decision for national security then. They may have been inconvenienced, but atleast they had their lives. Keep in mind that the Geneva Convention wasn't adopted until 1949, several years after the Japanese internment camps were disbanded.