PDA

View Full Version : anti-quad riders

hsr
01-27-2005, 02:24 PM
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219012

Check this link out, i know this is going to anger a lot of people but it kind of gives us quad riders a heads up on how we are percieved by other groups, and a couple of small improvements that we can make to keep our sport headed in the right direction. (Disregard a lot of the comments that are just dirt-bikers stereotypical views on quads.) Certain things such as not wearing protective gear, using alcohol, and being ignorant to trail signals and regulations aren't going to get us anywhere.

bman9
01-27-2005, 03:43 PM
they are joking arent they?

quadrcr161
01-27-2005, 03:58 PM
prob not, a lot of bike riders hate quads, and a lot of quad riders hate bike, personallyi cant stand most of them. this needs to be deleted nto to cause a board war.

but who would you like to have as a rep of your sport?
people like deegan and metz, or people like natalie and gust?

kazpr
01-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Ya it is to bad we just all cant get along. We are about to take alot of their pie in the mainstream and they dont like it :)

JR3
01-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Im am good friends with a group of sirtbikers. They race a class and stuff and have taught me a lot. They kinda had the hole quads are dumb attitude but i showed em how its done. Now we are the best of friends. Some people just dont get it.

YFZ450Ridr
01-27-2005, 04:54 PM
what a bunch of idiots. i guess they think because they have 2 less wheels thier alot cooler:confused: where i ride at, people are so friendly, even the guys with dirtbikes.

wilkin250r
01-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Many of the hard-core dirtbike racers hate quads for a variety of reasons. Partly because they think its "cool" to hate anybody that's not in their social circle ( the rebel attitude), and partly because they don't like the conditions that quads create on a motocross track.

Unfortunatly, this hatred begins to spill over from the hard-core racers to the casual rider.

Joecool1264
01-27-2005, 05:58 PM
What a bunch of CHUCKLEHEADS!!!! Dumbazzes!!

Mxjunkie
01-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Many of the hard-core dirtbike racers hate quads for a variety of reasons. Partly because they think its "cool" to hate anybody that's not in their social circle ( the rebel attitude), and partly because they don't like the conditions that quads create on a motocross track.

Unfortunatly, this hatred begins to spill over from the hard-core racers to the casual rider.

yeah i see it alot when i talk to dirtbike riders at my school. Personally i use to ride quads, still wanna go back but if you ask me quads groom the track. so i dont see what the fuss is all about.

LsMxRaCeR
01-27-2005, 06:51 PM
they talk about how we are all so brainless but they need to learn how to spell :devil:

Thump_It
01-27-2005, 07:10 PM
They are calling us ignorant???? Haha, let them be. They might grow up someday (doubtful, highly doubtful). The fact of the matter there are idiots everywhere, that's been known since day one. Entering an argument with them is pointless, they will never change.

ReconRider25
01-27-2005, 07:21 PM
yeah i see it alot when i talk to dirtbike riders at my school. Personally i use to ride quads, still wanna go back but if you ask me quads groom the track. so i dont see what the fuss is all about.

thats why at the few tracks that they do allow both they always run the quads after the bikes. flattens out all the ruts.

muddy400EX
01-27-2005, 07:22 PM
i cant believe they would even feel that way. i dont know any quad riders that hate bikers so for the bikers to hate us that shows u that they are just *******s. ive had a bike and ive had a quad and the quads are more fun for me. i think that some of the bikers need to try out a quad and see if they still hate em.:)

WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!

400exrules
01-27-2005, 07:33 PM
man some ppl just need to pull their head out of their asses and quit worryin about everyone else. Were only on this earth for a certain amount of time so why not be nice to everyone, be peaceful, and try to enjoy it.

01-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

They should look at what they do to tracks....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid156/p9de485dcec7f0af4e22898b20c1569c7/f5505d33.jpg

flat_track400ex
01-27-2005, 08:04 PM
heck they shut alot of the tracks around my area down to quads b/c of the guys on the bikes bawl out the quads ruin the track so if i wanna ride at a track i got to drive almost 2 1/2 hours to get to a nice track to ride at its a bunch of BS IMO
but thats just me

Cody_300ex
01-27-2005, 08:15 PM
Dem der boys be lieing out there teeth!

deathman53
01-27-2005, 09:12 PM
I don't understnad what is wrong with these people, this is exactly what the greenies and such want us to do.......fight amoungst each other, so they win big. I for one disagree with the trike bashing, I'd love to see one of those guys launch a 250r trike on a 50ft jump and land it, I doubt they could on a quad either. I ride 2 trikes(250r extremely modded), 200x slightly modded), one quad crf450r lsr chasis and I have two bikes xr250r(dual sport) and a crf450r roller(took the motor out for the quad) and I plan on buying a 02 crf450r that was made into a dual sport. Each machine has its only thing to it, the trikes are general awesome machine and the 200x is nealry impossible to get stuck in mud, 250r rips on the track and hanldes really good(for a trike) , my crf450 quad is just plain fast and handles awesome, the xr250r is alot of fun and can rip around the woods pretty quick, the bikes I have the most fun riding are the 200x and the xr250r, because neither time I'm riding them I'm in competition with other riders and nor do I have to hear BS from the dirtbike guys who want everything and don't want the quad guys around.
People don't seam to understand, the dirtbikes hate the quads and in-turn the quads hate the dirtbike, dirtbike guys are in general gealous that the quad guys can ride all year long(if one chosses to ride in the snow) and that brings another thing, the snowmobile guys hate how the quad guy like to ride on their trails and the quad guys want to know why the snowmobile guys can get away with riding on the streets(when its snowing) and like in PA, the snowmobile guys have 6x the trails to ride on then the quad guys.
Its not a good situation for all groups, this hatred is hurting us all!!!!!!!!! Remember there is power in number, if the dirtbike, snowmobile and atv guys could get along with each other and stop battling we could get alot more representation from the government and maybe ALL GROUPS would benifet. If we want to get somewhere, first the generalizaton needs to stop and we need to fight together for more trails/tracks etc.
In one track I ride at, if the ambulance at the dirtbike track leaves, they will shut down the atv track and bring the ambulance to the dirtbike track, so the dirtbike guys can continue to ride. Fair..........no, well this BS needs to stop also, as it creates alot of sediment against the dirtbikers. We all need to be on a level playing ground to gain ground to ride on.

P.S the thing about the 3 wheeler bashing especailly pissed me off and I myself am partial to the atv's, just because that I what I ride the most(my trikes).

muddy400EX
01-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
I don't understnad what is wrong with these people, this is exactly what the greenies and such want us to do.......fight amoungst each other, so they win big. I for one disagree with the trike bashing, I'd love to see one of those guys launch a 250r trike on a 50ft jump and land it, I doubt they could on a quad either. I ride 2 trikes(250r extremely modded), 200x slightly modded), one quad crf450r lsr chasis and I have two bikes xr250r(dual sport) and a crf450r roller(took the motor out for the quad) and I plan on buying a 02 crf450r that was made into a dual sport. Each machine has its only thing to it, the trikes are general awesome machine and the 200x is nealry impossible to get stuck in mud, 250r rips on the track and hanldes really good(for a trike) , my crf450 quad is just plain fast and handles awesome, the xr250r is alot of fun and can rip around the woods pretty quick, the bikes I have the most fun riding are the 200x and the xr250r, because neither time I'm riding them I'm in competition with other riders and nor do I have to hear BS from the dirtbike guys who want everything and don't want the quad guys around.
People don't seam to understand, the dirtbikes hate the quads and in-turn the quads hate the dirtbike, dirtbike guys are in general gealous that the quad guys can ride all year long(if one chosses to ride in the snow) and that brings another thing, the snowmobile guys hate how the quad guy like to ride on their trails and the quad guys want to know why the snowmobile guys can get away with riding on the streets(when its snowing) and like in PA, the snowmobile guys have 6x the trails to ride on then the quad guys.
Its not a good situation for all groups, this hatred is hurting us all!!!!!!!!! Remember there is power in number, if the dirtbike, snowmobile and atv guys could get along with each other and stop battling we could get alot more representation from the government and maybe ALL GROUPS would benifet. If we want to get somewhere, first the generalizaton needs to stop and we need to fight together for more trails/tracks etc.
In one track I ride at, if the ambulance at the dirtbike track leaves, they will shut down the atv track and bring the ambulance to the dirtbike track, so the dirtbike guys can continue to ride. Fair..........no, well this BS needs to stop also, as it creates alot of sediment against the dirtbikers. We all need to be on a level playing ground to gain ground to ride on.

P.S the thing about the 3 wheeler bashing especailly pissed me off and I myself am partial to the atv's, just because that I what I ride the most(my trikes).

finally someone who knows what they are talking about!

deathman53
01-27-2005, 09:37 PM
I see it first hand all the time, even in the illegal trails I ride on, the two groups don't talk. Me and my friend went to show a group of dirtbikers some new trails, and it invovled a bit of mud, well by the time we were 1/4 the way, we lost all but one of the ten dirtbikers, becasue they couldn't ride in the mud. I was riding my xr250r with my quad friends and a group of dirtbike guys said"why are you hanging out with those quad losers" I told them "we are all equal, every single one of us is riding illegal and this is what is why we don't get legal riding, we can't stop fighting". Yes, I see both groups not wearing helmets, boots, etc and it is more of the atv guys that don't, that needs to change too.

Mxjunkie
01-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
thats why at the few tracks that they do allow both they always run the quads after the bikes. flattens out all the ruts.

at the local track the quads use to go before and the dirtbikers would whine and complain they flattened all the berms, Now they complain about it being so muddy and such, well you know the quads gave them a groomed track to ride on.

Its like skateboarders and bmx, inliners and skateboarders. they will never get along

tdsongster
01-27-2005, 10:02 PM
It has been my experience that the biggest dumb *****es spend their day talking about how much better they are then eveyone else. Nothing more then small ego syndrome...

wcr400ex
01-28-2005, 12:44 AM
I dont mind any one that rides a dirtbike or quad... What i hate is that when i go to the track and i get charged $5-$10 more to ride... Thats a bunch of bull... I think dirtbikes should pay more for messing up the lips of every jump. If i had a track i would charge dirtbikes more.
It seems like all the dirtbike riders are complaining about the inexperienced Quad riders on the track that are in the way.. I agree with that some people just are not at the right level to ride a track.. I do get pissed though when a dirt bike wont let me by and i get stuck in there roost.. That $#it hurts!!!!

Thump_It
01-28-2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by wcr400ex
I dont mind any one that rides a dirtbike or quad... What i hate is that when i go to the track and i get charged $5-$10 more to ride... Thats a bunch of bull... I think dirtbikes should pay more for messing up the lips of every jump. If i had a track i would charge dirtbikes more.
It seems like all the dirtbike riders are complaining about the inexperienced Quad riders on the track that are in the way.. I agree with that some people just are not at the right level to ride a track.. I do get pissed though when a dirt bike wont let me by and i get stuck in there roost.. That $#it hurts!!!!

A little bump to the back tire should cure the problem, haha. :devil:

wcr400ex
01-28-2005, 12:54 AM
It has definetly crossed my mind...HAHA

spud400ex
01-28-2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by tdsongster
Nothing more then small ego syndrome...

sounds more like little d**k syndrome to me.