PDA

View Full Version : CDI Problem

badass300ex
01-26-2005, 07:35 PM
I just bought a new CDI box for my 03 300ex and Im haveing problems. I bought it off ebay. Now I have bought things from this guy brfore and never had a problem with his products. Now the auction say New Ricks Hot Shot series CDI unit fir 94-04 300ex. Thd cdi enhancements include duplicator circuts,increased rpm and altered ignition curves. So this is my peoblem I have a full pipe. jetted and K&N with no lid. It starts up fine and idels fine it wont past half throttle in any gear just backfires and sputters.So after I shut it down the only way it would even start up again I mean not even a pop let it sit for a good 2 hours and bam started right up. So the next day went to ride , started up fine, but same backfireing,plugged the factory one in no problems ran the factory one for 10 min plugged the aftermarket one in and it ran fine. Now I tried this for a few days and it seems like it takes a good 1/2 hour of rideing for the aftermarket one to run right I dont know its cold here if that helps any. He wont take it back because I plugged it in for some reason. I talked to a few people and they said I wouldnt have to rejet or is it a defective one.