PDA

View Full Version : Still need carb help...

400exJOE
04-29-2002, 03:42 PM
Ok, I cleaned my carb really well and its not flooding anymore. But I still have an idleing problem. The idle wont go high enough for it to run. I have the idle screw all the way in and that didn't make a difference so I tried the linkage. I adjusted it so it is high enough, but now when I turn the bars to the right, it revs up. I took the side cover of the carb off and checked out the idle screw and how it works. When there is no gas being given, the throttle body should rest apon the screw and it just bearly touches it with the screw all the way in. I was thinking about eliminating the whole adjustment set up and just putting the screw in and adjusting the idle by a screw...i know this is hard to understand, but why is the idle adjustment not going in far enough to work? It did work before when I adjusted my idle in the past.:confused:

Holty
04-29-2002, 04:38 PM
I wish I could help you out and tell you what is wrong, but I have no idea. Sounds like you did everything I would have done? It's a shame someone on this message board has a REAL problem and nobody can help. But there are a ton of people who will argue over WB or FMF at the drop of a dime. Maybe you could take it to a local mechanic or your dealer? Have them check it out with you standing right there, they shouldn't charge much if anything just to look at it for you, maybe steer you in the right direction? Sorry man wish I could be of more help.

400exJOE
04-29-2002, 05:46 PM
hey thanks Holty. Anybody else??? I just can't get my idle to increase.