PDA

View Full Version : what the he#*

chad cavagnaro
01-26-2005, 05:37 PM
in my swingarm; my axle bearing hub [carrier] has wallowed out the chain tensioner plate [this bolts to the swingarm on both sides to hold carrier inside of swingarm housing] hole were the axle goes through on the right side. i put my quads, swingarm plate on a milk crate, rear tires suspended. can shake the right tire/axle about 2 inces of movement! anyone have this problem with your quad? it seems like im going to have to replace both the carrier and the plate. i wish i had the exact deminsions of the hole diameter, and the circumfrance of the right end of the housing to see if both are distorted or just one, of the two pieces. i know this is hard to explane without seeing but i dont have the capibility of posting pics...sorry. any good advise would be appriciated, want to race gilmer in 2 weeks, thanks.

intruder
01-26-2005, 08:07 PM
They're both bad if you put a good plate on the carrier it still moves and if you put a new carrier on the plate it moves. Same thing happened to my son'e twice that's why we no have an ATVfourplay swing-arm with the round house carrier.

gizmocor
01-27-2005, 04:41 AM
Happened to me last year, actually broke the plate off of the left side of the bearing carrier from slopping around so much. The good news was I got a whole new take off carrier and plate from K&K for about $125 which is about cheaper than you could put new bearings in for. It isn't that big a deal, there are so many people running the round housing carriers that you can pick up a bearing carrier and stay from most all salvage yards for less than the cost of the bearings. A lot of them have new take off parts that have never been used too...

good luck
Cory

chad cavagnaro
01-27-2005, 11:38 AM
cory, i really appriciate you responding to my thread!! i caled k&k and they sold me the exact parts i needed and didn't have to buy anything extra i.e. whole swingarm ect. saved quite a bit of $ and its on its way. like i said thanks a bunch. chad c.

gizmocor
01-27-2005, 01:00 PM
Awesome to hear, glad I could help!!!!!!