PDA

View Full Version : handle bars

Leschj03
01-26-2005, 03:29 PM
I bought stock diameter pro taper bars the other day and got new grips to go with it and one grip is smaller than the other and there are arrows telling which grip goes on what side. I got grip glue and the left side fits good but the right side is just huge on the bar and wont glue down and turns. dont know if im doin something wrong or not. is there any other type of glue or apoxy that i could use to get the grip to stay on and quit turning. or is it because some grips are different sizes than others?????

quadsrfun
01-26-2005, 03:37 PM
You need to get ATV grips. What you have are dirt bike grips. one is bigger for the twist throttle tube. Spend $10 and make sure you get ones for an ATV.

RideRedEX
01-26-2005, 09:37 PM
you can either but atv grips or just wrap tape around your bars and then put the grip on to make it fit. It depends on if you want to buy new grips or not

JW450R1
01-27-2005, 04:45 PM
if u get new grips.try the spider grips. they come as 2 left handed dirt-bike grips,and u will have to cut the bottom out of the right side grip for the throttle......spiders seem to last a-lot longer.