PDA

View Full Version : Attention Pa Racers & Surrounding States

racerx573
01-26-2005, 02:58 PM
District 5 of the AMA is trying to break new ground with the quad scene!!
We are arranging to have QUAD ONLY MX racing on Saturday & dirt bikes on Sunday.

We need your help!!

The only thing keeping us from progressing is LACK OF QUAD RACERS!

We will need at least 100-150 racers per weekend!

We have some of the top tracks in the nation: High Point, Steel City, Pleasure Valley... to name a few.

This is where you, the [quad] racer, can get your voice involved in your race scene!

We are restructuring the classes also.

The classes being discussed will be 4 skill classes, with a BEGINNER through EXPERT; we do not wish to call it by letters, such as "A", "B", "C", "D" so it does not interfere with national class structure, and to also reduce chances of protesting, etc.

Also will be age groups 16-24, +25, and some youth classes.
In addition the air-cooled "Blaster" class, for those racers who are of age, but at a machine disadvantage.

Class definitions will be arranged once we get more input.
We would like each racer to be able to race at least 2 classes come race day!

We are looking to get some type of e-mail or mailing list set up, and will be looking for race sponsors, as you can imagine running an event for just quads will be just as costly as a normal race day with bikes.

An Expert purse is in the books as well.

If you or anyone you know can help us with this movement out of the dark and into the light, please contact myself (Jason Zittel) at racer_x573@hotmail.com or Kyle Dammann at kyle@cernics.com

Pleas e-mail any suggestions, comments, or sponsor information you have!! Help the revolution!

Sincerely, Jason Zittel & Kyle Dammann D5 Quad Racers

racerx573
01-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Please make this a sticky if possible!

Tommy 17
01-26-2005, 03:31 PM
i say it'll never work... heres a few reasons..

#1 alot of guys on quads have buddies that race bikes also... they won't want to be at the track differnt days... alot of them want to race together... sort of like a group... i know when i raced bikes my group had lots of quad riders in it...

#2 Watchin the bikes is half of the fun... nothing like watchin all the crashes and the talent out there... one of the best things about racing was watchin stars like pastrana and hepler at D5 tracks...

#3 alot of dads race quads while their kids race bikes (no young aged quads classes or tracks in D5) they are not goin to go to the track 2 differnt days... alot of kids ride bikes bc face it youth quad suck

#4 u want people to run 2 classes... most people can't afford to race 2 classes every race nor do they have the money to upkeep the quad to last 4 motos and 2 practices every race... no only that rider stamina comes into effect... u'll be lucky if 45% of the people race 2 classes...

#5 saturdays suck for racing... i'd rather race on a sunday... saturday always is set away for weddings, parties, etc... that will really cut down on the number of racers that can attend...

yeah it'd be nice to have good motos and no ruts on the track from bikes but i doubt it will ever work... i'd rather race sunday with the bikes...

Stealth450r
01-26-2005, 03:37 PM
this sound awsome. im in if it. if this does happen when will it start and when would you have a scheduel of the races. also will any races be held at raush creek. can you send me some info on the tracks if they have web sites: fmxz400rider@yahoo.com.

Tommy 17
01-26-2005, 03:39 PM
nothing will be out east... its D5 in western PA...

racerx573
01-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Well with an attitude towards it like that, of course it won't work.

BIKES?! Who cares about watching bikes, I don't go to a national wanting to watch bikes... I don't even get a chance to watch the local quads because all our motos are in a row. I might take a peak at the A bike guys and watch a few laps, if it's interesting...If you wanna watch bikes, go watch bikes on Sunday then, or buy a bike and race your bike Sunday so you can watch other bikes race. We are trying to get AWAY from bikes, and become and independent force, and this is the building blocks of a mega power.

And all of those "a lot of" guys will have to make sacrifices if they wanna race that bad. I only know of maybe 3 cases in D5 where the dad races quads and his son races bikes.

If you're in a group, suck it up and split up, if you wanna race bad enough you won't care your bike buddy is racing elsewhere, and in most of these cases, the bikes will be running the next day, so if your buddy is as good of a buddy as you say, he will come watch you race Sat, and you wil wath him run Sunday..

racerx573
01-26-2005, 03:40 PM
www.AMADistrict5.com

Tommy 17
01-26-2005, 03:46 PM
ur never goin to split up groups... its goin to cause them to race other series such as outlaw races... not everyone can pay all the fees to go and watch both days and give up that amount of time... keepin it on sunday is the best thing u can do...

i for one ride with ALL bike guys... the guys i will be pitting with this year are all on bikes and will be racing on sunday...

if u want run on saturdays create ur own series... but don't screw it up for the guys who want to race on sundays...

racerx573
01-26-2005, 03:47 PM
As for numbers, if only 1 or 2 tracks run per weekend, we had a total of 423 quad riders in the MX series, and 221 in the AX series, so the racers are there, we just need them all to congregate at 1 or 2 tracks per weekend, and give them incentive. And this should be incentive enough.

racerx573
01-26-2005, 03:51 PM
My best advice would be make sacrifices and choices, that is what this sport is all about, and if you wanna race, you will do what you gotta do..

CdaleXtreme
01-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Tommy 17....it is race saturdays, or dont race at all. There will no longer be quad races on sundays in district 5....They are nice enough to let us have our own day, and try things out. This isnt Post your whining comments, this is just how it is. Now quit hurting the cause, accept it for what it is, and help us out. :cool:

Ohh and you better start making new friends because unless you just want to hang out on sundays you wont be seeing them...If you race D-5 anyhow.

Ohh and you are right about the whole Sunday being a better day, but until we can prove there will be enough of us to run on any given sunday. We have to stick to Fridays.

racerx573
01-26-2005, 03:54 PM
I forgot to mention the numbers I posted are WITHOUT the Beginner D class!

CdaleXtreme
01-26-2005, 03:55 PM
Ohh and you are right about the whole Sunday being a better day, but until we can prove there will be enough of us to run on any given sunday. We have to stick to Fridays.

These are the cards we were dealt, its not our idea but we are making the best out of it that we can.

Tommy 17
01-26-2005, 04:02 PM
but the best for u and jay is not the best for everyone else...

some of us can ONLY go if we go with our bike friends... they have the trailers... they have the pits... u have to think about this for the familys also...

3 out of 4 riders in my family will be on bikes... who do u think they are goin to choose who can race... 3 of them won't pass up for 1...

so if u keep it saturday only on a differnt day then the bikes ur screwing alot of people over...

remember whats good for u isn't for others... if u want ur own series go ahead and have it... but why screw other people over so u and jay can have ur own days...

racerx573
01-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Well the bike riders probly had a big influence on this also, it's not like we went and demanded this. Like Kyle said, these are the cards we were dealt, and we are just playing them. And you know me, I'd be more than happy to haul someones stuff to the track. With my dad bein gone, I will need some road partners.. and why can't you take your quad to the track in your new Silverado? Trust me, if we had a truck, I would I would bring my R in the back of a pick up to most of the locals rather than the hassle of loadin the trailer every weekend.

CdaleXtreme
01-26-2005, 04:07 PM
This isnt about who its good for...Its about how it is going to be. ...it wasnt our idea...... Its just how it is man. So opinions are basically useless. I appreciate the input but its not what we need right now.

450Racer
01-26-2005, 04:08 PM
i dunno about you guys, but i'm sick and tired of waiting 3 hours in 90 degrees for bikes to race and do all the same jumps with 20 different bike classes. it gets REALLY boring.

this is PERFECT if we want quads to really step it up and for people to take us seriously. the competition is mostly in the bikes. we try our best and get out there and the conditions are horrible for us and we don't have the full potential to be competetive. i mean, we spend all this money, time, effort to race 4 or 5 guys? that's just wrong. this needs to be the mainstream thing. this is just what we need and i am %110 behind Jason.

i live for racing. i spend all of my time preparing for the races and getting there. we need to take this way more serious. like Jason said, there are sacrafices that you'll need to make to make it happen but it is WELL worth it. do you really want to mess around with a couple C riders and sit there from 8:30 to 5 watching bikes or do you want to race competitively with a fun quad environment? the choice is obvious to me. we need YOUR support as the racers. we need to unite together and turn this around. the quads are a joke around here. lets show them what we have, all we need is your help which will benefit you.

ckasper18
01-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Well here is my story....
First off the ama dist 16 races in wisconsin had three quad classes and thats it.No peewee or any classes quad racers wanted to race..............

So we got together a couple of friends and got in contact with a couple tracks and after a lot of talkimg we had a quad only race.Started out with roughly 75 racers 7 or 8 years ago and now we average well over 200 quads racing each race with every class from women to pee wee senior vet and all the A classes as well.In 2005 we will hit the 250 mark at most races we now have 12 races a year quads only.We are ATVA sanctioned and we run the quad series our way the way we wanted racing to be back in our early years of quad racing.If you get the right people involved and make it great for the racers they tell all there friends and make the racer happy they keep coming back which means the track makes money as well.

Great lakes Quad Series Vice President/ATVA Referee..Chris

Mxjunkie
01-26-2005, 04:11 PM
sounds like a good idea but, you have people who work on saturdays to make a living. sorry but this might piss off alot of people, me personally im pissed off about alot of the tracks not running quads and i think that all this changing is bs and district 6 is one of the ones im mainily aming towards..

its a really good idea, but it may take some time to work well with some people

CdaleXtreme
01-26-2005, 04:12 PM
450Racer, hey we need to car pool to the races man, were in the same town practically.....

yoshz400rider
01-26-2005, 04:17 PM
are harescrambles still going to be run on the same day as bikes on Sunday I may run a few district 5 races if they are on saturday for quads I am plannin on hittin a few harescrambles for the District 5 on sunday although i have heard they suck from a few people ill be at RandD raceway on March 20th

racerx573
01-26-2005, 04:22 PM
The scrambles are their own different world pretty much. Pretty sure they're staying the same. I can confirm, and get back to you.

hsr
01-26-2005, 05:31 PM
racerx573

not to change the subject or anything, but on your webpage i noticed that cernics is one of your sponsors. Jeff Cernic is one of the idiots that is trying to get rid of quads, correct?

Delaware152
01-26-2005, 06:30 PM
I think it is a good idea. I know they run this format in Virginia (District 13). One thing they do that helps get more people in the gate on Saturday in run an open practice until about 2:00 and then the quads race. Are you going to have a series or is that still in the works? I couldn't make all the races but maybe would get to a couple b/c of this format. Kyle- Maybe I'll see you at Budd's Creek. I have the silver C-Dale.

zakk54
01-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
but the best for u and jay is not the best for everyone else...

some of us can ONLY go if we go with our bike friends... they have the trailers... they have the pits... u have to think about this for the familys also...

3 out of 4 riders in my family will be on bikes... who do u think they are goin to choose who can race... 3 of them won't pass up for 1...

so if u keep it saturday only on a differnt day then the bikes ur screwing alot of people over...

remember whats good for u isn't for others... if u want ur own series go ahead and have it... but why screw other people over so u and jay can have ur own days...

Dude are you listening at all?????? You don't have a choice!! District 5 has cut out Quads on Sundays!!! You dont have an option!! It wasn't the idea of these two dudes, it was District 5!!! All they did is create a chance to race at all!! Unfortunately for you and some others, Saturday is the day!!! Not their fault, they're just trying to make the best out of a @#&t situation!!! Try District 6 & 34 They won't even give us that option!! They just cut us out period!!! We're down to 2 tracks in 34 & a couple of great tracks (Saturday Tracks) in district 6!! Make the best out of it for now until someone wakes up and sees we're worth something!!!!!!!!!

racerx573
01-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by hsr
racerx573

not to change the subject or anything, but on your webpage i noticed that cernics is one of your sponsors. Jeff Cernic is one of the idiots that is trying to get rid of quads, correct?

No Jeff is becoming a bigger supporter of the quad scene.

ckasper18
01-27-2005, 07:34 AM
We had the quad guys mad about racing on saturdays most quad racers are older racers we have a lot of young racers as well but now they prefer a saturday race over sunday.Gives them time to get home and be ready and fresh for work on monday.If anybody has questions about starting your own quad series like we did here give me a call at 1-920-313-0027 or go to www.wisconsinquadracing.com and look what the racers think of the series.It may take some time to get it going but dont give up quad racing is the #1 fastest growing offroad motorsports in the country.Most all dealers are selling 5 sport quads to 1 race bike.

Dist 16 has three classes A B C classes nothing for the peewee or junior class or even the old guys like me senior class just to name a few.I persopnally think if all you quad racers get together it will happen.Its a team effort and if you all pitch in you will be all very excited about quad mx racing.My opionion on this is go for it you cant race dist 5 now anyways you all need to work together instead of having bad thoughts.Like i said before go to www.wisconsinquadracing.com and see how great the series is here in wisconsin ,upper michigan and Illinois......

Great Lakes Quad Series Vice Presidwnt/ATVA Referee..................Chris Kasper

jlhughes750
01-27-2005, 09:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tommy 17
[B]i say it'll never work... heres a few reasons..........................

I think your attitude would be reason #1!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sounds like a great idea...........the effort your putting into it is whats going to make a difference.... I personally am from a lil farther east and race D6 Harescrambles...but I am still concerned about the futre of our sport across the entire state!!!! Good luck and be sure to thank Tommy17 for all his help!!!!!

:chinese:

:mad:

hsr
01-27-2005, 01:47 PM
I"m from dist. 5 and if you can make this work i will run as many of the races as possible, steel city and pleasure valley for sure.

walker054
01-27-2005, 05:14 PM
keep us updated on situation, i 'm ready for some quad only days in Pa. maybe we can get a +30 class

jaspurx
01-27-2005, 05:42 PM
this has been along time coming , I hope it works.

I may try to hit it this year , but too soon to tell.

Tommy 17
01-27-2005, 07:01 PM
from what i hear the whole thing is over the bike riders wanting more laps on the track...

also i hear that all the bikes from 80cc 7-11 and down will race saturday also...

sry guys but i'm pissed about the whole thing and i don't like the idea of it... i'd rather race sunday with my crew...

hsr
01-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Does this affect every track in District 5? So there is going to be no quad racing on sundays at every d5 track or just select ones???

racerx573
01-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Full details are yet to come, will keep ya'll updated.

for now go to
http://d5atv.proboards44.com

and sign up. It's the official D5 quad riders forum.

racerx573
01-27-2005, 08:57 PM
D5QUADS@YAHOO.COM is the new e-mail for info.

mountaineer
01-29-2005, 09:29 PM
I'm in keep us posted.

Airik79mx
02-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by hsr
racerx573

Jeff Cernic an idiot? He is the D5 president and if it wasen't for him you wouldn't be racing on tracks like PVR. Jeff used to race quads himself back in his day. He is all for giving this a chance.

I love racing but i'm getting sick of going to a race at 8 in the morning and getting 4laps of practice and 2 moto's in and it's almost dark when I get home. With more and more racers showing up at the D5 races putting quads on Sat is about the only thing to do. (Unless each moto is 2 laps)
You can't make everyone happy but it's the way it's gonna have to be. Learn to adjust.

jaspurx
02-10-2005, 08:16 PM
As it is there are tracks that have to run at night under lights:( , give it a shot , what can it hurt?