PDA

View Full Version : Calling out the Diesel Nuts...

Pro400EXC
01-26-2005, 02:51 PM
Hey Guys....

As a gear head i just love anythign with wheels...

And as a big truck guy..you gots ta love Diesel's....I am the happy owner of a 03 Silverado w/ the Duramax/Allison combo..and lemme tell you...Nothing like the power you get from a diesel..I mean the ability to run low 13's and still pull 26k lbs is awsome...

You make the rice boys or let alone anyone think twice when 7500lbs of truck comes on by em blowing clouds of black smoke..

Ok ok..i got a lil carried away...but anyways...

How many of you guys out there have got oil-burners..no matter it be a chevy/dodge/ or Ford...How do you like it..whats done to her..and yada yada yada..

Oh Btw..i am kinda biased towards Chevy..but i am sure were all biased one way or another,lol....

quadrcr161
01-26-2005, 03:02 PM
i just picked up a 00 F250, and i love it. i had a 99 GMC 1500 loaded for a year or so, but it dosent hold a light to the f250. the ride is better, tows great and better gas milage. althought i had to give up some interior comforts i wouldnt want to go back. mine is just a 2ed supercab and still stock, might add an exhaust and a programer but not anytime soon.

416exmx
01-26-2005, 03:21 PM
I am a die-hard chevy fan also, but until they start building a truck, I’m going to stick with ford. I just bought a 03 F-250 Lariat crew cab FX4 with the 7.3 Diesel. It is a real truck. I have always liked Chevy’s but each new model they came out with got whimper and whimper and lower to the ground and lower to the ground. Yes, chevy has the best ride out of them all, but if I was looking for a good ride id buy a caddy. Anyway the ULTIMATE truck would be a Super-Duty truck (like fords) built by chevy (gotta have a chevy) with the Cummins motor and Allison tranny. Man, the best of all worlds.

xcyfz450
01-26-2005, 03:25 PM
im chevy all the way but u have to own a cummins powered diesel i have a 95 12 valve and its flat out awesome straight piped with a big *** 6" tip and a #5 plate 275 horse and 675ft. lbs. and plent of black smoke also has micket thomson classic locks on it ill never own anything but diesel pickup:D

TM426
01-26-2005, 03:48 PM
I had a 97 F350 powerstroke. The best truck I ever had. I also had a 98 chevy 3500 with vortec 454 and that thing was a dog compared to powerstroke. My ford would pull that thing around the block sideways in two wheel drive. Both trucks had under 80K miles. I had the Banks bigger turbo 4" straight exhaust, chip, and some other stuff. I wish I did injectors, that would really brought it up ALOT. I had so much air going though with the exhaust and turbo it really wouldnt smoke much when I stepped on it. Diesel is really the way to go :macho

bansheerider_13
01-26-2005, 04:09 PM
got 01 F-250 its all stock for now anyways :devil:

89'350RX
01-26-2005, 04:12 PM
2002 F250 PSD

I agree, nothing pulls like a diesel. I drove the Chevy and agree it is much plusher than the others but I like a firm taller ride.

yoshz400rider
01-26-2005, 04:20 PM
I got a 2001 Dodge Cummins the highoutput 24 valve it has stacks anyone that races CRA races nows my truck

Bush0102
01-26-2005, 04:22 PM
I dont own a diesel, but i have good friends that own all three. My friend with the powerstroke has a 99 f-250 lifted 16" on 44s with propane injectors, 225cc injectors, and 4" downpiping. Another buddy of mine has an 04 f-250 with the new 6 liter 'stroke. My friend with the duramax has an 04. My girlfriend's sister drives an 01 Ram with the cummins...i got to drive it for a week last summer.

Out of the three, the 6 liter powerstroke is my favorite. Its quick, it's powerful, and it's quiet. Next I like the cummins- i think the 6 cylinder sounds the best and it has a ton of torque but it doesnt have very much pick-up. next i'd say the 7.3 stroke. I drove the truck when the motor was stock and i thought the power was smooth and well balanced, and it still had a ton of top-end. I personally think the duramax is the worst, i didnt like the feel of it, i think the allison transmission is totally unecessary unless you're pulling a backhoe 24/7, and i dont like how the block and heads are made of different metals....

they're all great powerplants but thats just my opinion.

hondardr4life
01-26-2005, 08:01 PM
My dad owns an 03 Silverado duramax/allison, crew cab. I would have to say that it is the nicest truck I have ever ridden in/driven. It tends to want to spin the tires a lot when I drive it:devil: .

Dan_Guetter
01-26-2005, 08:09 PM
this is a nice truck:D

dn1911
01-26-2005, 08:27 PM
me favorite truck would be a Ford Super Duty with a 94-98 12v Cummins diesel in it. best Truck/best diesel engine! what else could you ask for except a whole bunch of performace crap to make it fly.Ford w/ Cummins (www.fordcummins.com)

Dave400ex
01-26-2005, 08:38 PM
I think the new 05 Fords are the best. Very nice looking. A little help from Fabtech and ATS Diesel and it would be awesome...
Fabtech 05 Lifts (http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/html/ford4wd-sd.html)

nosliw
01-26-2005, 08:54 PM
just got a new 2005 gmc sierra 2500hd with the duramax/allison. no performance mods yet, plan on getting a predator with low 65, MAYBE 85rwhp tune pretty soon. would get more but dont feel like buying another suncoast tranny to handle it :ermm:

Pro400EXC
01-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Oh C'mon you guys kill me,lol Jokin....

But whoever said Chevy didn't build a decent truck?Thats sad...The Duramax is an awsome engine..and so is the allison..

The Ford is ok..but those 6.0's ahev alot of problems..Its hard to find one that runs perfectley..The Dodge?Its ok..but the chevy is just so plush...

Also the chevy rides to low?Well put some $100 green torsion keys in her and she will sit 2in higher..

You guys arn't giving the chevy enough credit here..geez,lol...

I am just effin w/ ya'll..But i am diehard chevy..just been very good to me and awsome...

gimp419
01-26-2005, 09:45 PM
I've had my 01 Ford Powerstroke for about 3 months now and I am in love. The leather captins chairs are the bomb and the power is amazing.

I did have a 97 1500 dodge with a 318 and it was soooooo weak my girlfriends ranger would out pull it :D . Oh and did I mention that I save about $150 bucks a month on fuel. The dodge was lucky to get 9 mpg the ford averages 15 and I have a really heavy foot! :devil:

exatak199
01-26-2005, 11:14 PM
chevys can be helped with the hight;)
http://www.offroadunlimited.com/new/custom/chevys/chong_images/layout_10.jpg

http://www.offroadunlimited.com/new/custom/chevys/chong_images/layout_14.jpg

http://www.offroadunlimited.com/new/custom/chevys/chong_images/layout_06.jpg

or if you like the IFS...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/643000-643999/643899_4_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/643000-643999/643899_3_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/643000-643999/643899_7.jpg

MY450R
01-27-2005, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by 416exmx
I am a die-hard chevy fan also, but until they start building a truck, I’m going to stick with ford. I just bought a 03 F-250 Lariat crew cab FX4 with the 7.3 Diesel. It is a real truck. I have always liked Chevy’s but each new model they came out with got whimper and whimper and lower to the ground and lower to the ground. Yes, chevy has the best ride out of them all, but if I was looking for a good ride id buy a caddy. Anyway the ULTIMATE truck would be a Super-Duty truck (like fords) built by chevy (gotta have a chevy) with the Cummins motor and Allison tranny. Man, the best of all worlds.
im glad to see someone thinks like me
take the allison mount it to a cummins in a ford chassi
that woould be a truck!!

TRX250X
01-27-2005, 07:12 AM
I have a couple of buddies that do some diesel bombing on the side. The one guys truck has 500 horse and over 1000 lb ft. of torque. It's a 7.3 stroker and he's got a different motor ready to go in it that will be able to take more horses and torque. If anyone has ever seen Trucks By Buck on the back of a diesel running around Indiana, that's who they are. I have another buddy with an 05 Cummins, and that is a nice truck. I was never impressed with the dodge trucks, but they are looking better and better, and that motor is very strong.

I also know one kid that use to be at Purdue that had a cummins and dodge tranny in his 86 Ford F-250. It had a very distinct sound for a Ford, that's for sure.

Bush0102
01-27-2005, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Pro400EXC
Oh C'mon you guys kill me,lol Jokin....

But whoever said Chevy didn't build a decent truck?Thats sad...The Duramax is an awsome engine..and so is the allison..

The Ford is ok..but those 6.0's ahev alot of problems..Its hard to find one that runs perfectley..The Dodge?Its ok..but the chevy is just so plush...

Also the chevy rides to low?Well put some $100 green torsion keys in her and she will sit 2in higher..

You guys arn't giving the chevy enough credit here..geez,lol...

I am just effin w/ ya'll..But i am diehard chevy..just been very good to me and awsome...

Haha i didnt mean to offend you, but I just don't like the Duramax...less power (yeah maybe the numbers are up there, but you just cant feel it like the other two), different metals in the block/heads (this could cause problems because of their different reactions to heat), etc.

And I have to agree with you that the Chevy is plush and very nice on the interior, but you have to admit that Ford's King Ranch is the ultimate in truck luxury. Also the dodge Laramie is pretty nice too.

So yeah, the chevy may be nicer on the inside but it is also the most expensive of the three. And the powerstroke's problems were fixed for 05, and my friend's 04 has never had a problem. However, I was talking to our county's landfill operator about their new trucks (04 f-350s with the 6.0 powerstroke) he said 3 of them had no problems but one of them had been in the shop for 38 of the 70 days they had them. Yikes!

Like I said, they're all great trucks, but like quads, people are going to have their personal preferences. Its just like Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Suzuki.

You got any pics of your truck?

oh and one last thing, i think the chevy would look so much nicer if they had kept the 99-02 front ends! I hate those angled ones!

250rpilot
01-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
i think the chevy would look so much nicer if they had kept the 99-02 front ends! I hate those angled ones!

AMEN!!

heres a little something for my window....maybe some of you guys should get one?:devil:

MNTNMAN
01-27-2005, 11:24 AM
I have an '02 Dodge w/NV5600. My last dyno run was 437 rwhp. The bombing bug is a bad thing to get.

Bombs to date: Edge Comp, F1 mach 2 injectors, 5" exhaust, Piers HX40 turbo, Isspro Pyro, boost, and fuel pressure gauges, FASS fuel system, South Bend Con FE clutch (This hooks up like a mofo), AFE mega cannon intake, and lots of other little things to handle all of this.

I would like to get a set of Piers' towing twins, but the $4500 approval from the wife wont come anytime soon.

The F1 injectors get ride of a lot of smoke. Smoke is fun for a awhile, but it will put an end to diesel performance some day. I got turned into the DMV for leaving a cloud that made 3 lanes dissapear while whoopin up on a prelude. I guess he needed a bigger wing. That was when I still had DD2 injectors.

The thing that bugs the hell out of me, is when a guy puts in a fueling box and adds the advertised HP gain and the published stock HP of the truck and goes around saying he has 350 HP. Most of the fueling moduals will get you up to the stock advertised hp ratings and maybe a little more. I always call BS and they say I don't know what I am talking about. Then they get a little education.

I say put the thing on a dyno and find out what you really have.

I would like to find a 98 12 valve and detune this thing a little, or buy an 05 and turn this one into a puller.

kickin440
01-27-2005, 12:42 PM
I have had all three and all have there good parts and bad parts
IMO.
The Ford had more room inside and in the bed by far.
but Had to have a new tranny at 140k miles.
The dodge made good power five speed was a good combo.
But it had to have the front end rebuilt twice in 120k
The chevy runs the best and drives the best allison tranny is great
But it only has room for five people. (small people)

But I have to disagree with the power BUSH I think my duramax pulls a lot harder than the other two did. But maybe I had a lemon
because the fuel milage is a lot better two.
But I do not like the two kinds of metal for the engine either that was a very bad design on Isuzu's part.:) When I buy another one it will most likly be a ford but it will have a 5 or 6 speed this time.:D

hondardr4life
01-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Check out the new 05 silverado 2500hd. They redid the front end on it. I like it a lot. It is kinda a mix of the 99-02 and 03-04.

NTPRacing#19
01-27-2005, 02:25 PM
diesels are nice if you drive and haul with them forever. id like to have the chevy duramax myself. i own a chevy 2500 with a 6.0 in it and sometime i wish it were a diesel. diesels are so dang expensive if you dont keep them for a long time. they only pay for them self in the long run if you put a few hundred thousand miles on them.

only if i could slap the volvo dump truck motor into my pickup :eek2: big ol 6 cyclinder with a turbo on it bigger than you head, ahh i love hearing that turbo sing its song.:devil:

Pro400EXC
02-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Ok...Ok..you guys are killin me....

Your not giving the chevy enough credit here......The whole alumheads/iron block thing...and no power..and blah blah blah....

I know of a few hundred Duramax's who've been hooked up to trailers since day 1 and have well over 300K miles..no major problems..Als i know of a bunch that see nothing but wot and at elast a few that drag race all the time w/ over 150k miles......

Also..i know of a guy makig 795rwhp and 1500ft of tq w/ stock internals..Daily driven...well not cracked up all the time..but its a daily driver..

So when i hear all this bs about the chevy falling short..i say blah...check out www.dieselplace.com.......that'll give you enough info on the Dmax to make you change your mind...maybe

nosliw
02-01-2005, 06:54 PM
only complaint on my lly is the turbolag

bens250ex
02-01-2005, 07:02 PM
my bro has a 87 f250 xlt larriat..basically a f350 but it has i think a 7.0 (i think) it pulls anything u wont it to and u cant even tell a difference with a load or not...it has 300,000 miles and still ticken on the same motor..its only had one semi big prob and that was the head gasket blew....fixed it and its runin again.....but i cant wait for the motor to blow though b/c we are hopefully going to drop a powerstroke in it......then i think ill take the truck..ill have to get some pictures of it it looks good for a 87

01TRX300EX
02-01-2005, 09:28 PM
My mom has an '01 Chevy 2500HD with the Duramax, and man is that thing quick, and hauls great to, she has a big horsetrailer that she hauls around all the time, and then I occasionally get to drive her's instead of my Dakota and I am definately a lead foot when she isn't with me, and that thing is still working great with no problems. I really like the interior on it as well, she has leather seats, power everything, and its just so nice to sit in, and the room in back isn't quite as good as that Ford's (haven't sat in a Dodge yet...) but I don't find it uncomfortable by any means, and I'm 6'2" tall. And I do like this one's body style more than the new one's, not that I don't like the new one's, but I don't think they look as good as those.

cletusEX
02-01-2005, 09:40 PM
My brother has an 03 6.0 F-250. He hasn't had any problems but it only has 35,000 miles on it (80% are towing). We just threw a MBRP exhaust on it a few weeks ago. Definitely helped the sound and the turbo spools up faster. Gauges are in the garage waiting to get put in and next is a chip or tuner.

parkers30
02-01-2005, 09:42 PM
I worked at Caterpillar's engine center for a while and fell in love, something about 50psi from twin turbos on a factory engine is bad ***, just loved seeing what they could take on a dyno

I just dont have money for a diesel truck yet

Zingnut
02-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Diesel newbie, I have been in the market for a diesel truck now for a while, was looking for info on what would be the best purchase for me. I am looking for a truck in the 95 to 99 year range. Not really a brand loyal person since I know little about the diesel trucks that they produce. I am also wondering what are the pros and cons for buying a diesel truck over a gas powered truck. Example: mpg, life of engine, life of tranny, ease of maintenance, in town performance.
Things I should look for when buying the truck issues that may need a closer look or inspection. What about trucks with over 150k on them???

Needing a crew cab since family is growing and would rather stay away from a dually since the garage would be a tight squeeze.

Thats for any direction and help on this.

~Jeff

300ex_rider1121
02-02-2005, 10:54 AM
this might be a dumb question......but why would u need a key lock on ur tailgate:huh ..if u dont want sumone to steal the stuff out of ur bed u better hope for a fat burglur trying to get into the bed of ur 8 inch lifted truck

popo
02-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_rider1121
this might be a dumb question......but why would u need a key lock on ur tailgate:huh ..if u dont want sumone to steal the stuff out of ur bed u better hope for a fat burglur trying to get into the bed of ur 8 inch lifted truck

Trust me just because he's a fat burglur... thats not gonna stop the thiefing peice of crap from stealing your stuff.

Ever see a hungry fat crack/geeker needing another fix.

Warrioreater400ex
02-02-2005, 11:48 AM
i personally dont own a diesel, i love the ford with that fat D60 axle in the front and the chassis and it will probably be the next truck i get, however if Toyota ever comes out with Heavy Duty Diesel powered truck, ill be the FIRST ONE in line :D

Merriman
02-02-2005, 12:20 PM
I have an 01 Ford with the 7.3 and I love it. I have great power to pull what ever like my 35 foot 5th wheel toyhauler totally packed and I average 10.5 mpg towing. Just driving the truck alone I get alittle over 18mpg, and I have no mods done yet. But they are coming soon!!!!

Pro400EXC
02-03-2005, 08:11 AM
To the guy asking about the 95-99 diesels....

Well if you drive more than 32K mile s a yr..the diesel will save you money..Also if you do alot of towing/hauling the diesel is the way to go..You can go 8k miles between oil changes..were a gas job goes 3k miles...But the diesel takes 3-4gals compared to the gas's 5-6qts...oh aboutn the 150K miles..well 150k miles isn't oo bad for a diesel..it'll last to 350K as long as you take care of it...Just check it over real good..

The trannies in the older diesels are basically the same in the gas motors..

If i were you..try to find a 99 superduty w/ the newer intercooled 7.3..get a crew cab too..looking to spend maybe $20K or less...

Oh and about the turbo lags on your LLY.....Just get rid of the egr crap.. check you dieselplace.com and search in the LLY threads...shoudl help yah out...

dn1911
02-03-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_rider1121

they key lock is to keep people from stealing your tailgait, they are exspensive if you have to replace one.

also for they guys looking for the 95-99 deisel. the 12v P-pump Cummins make the most power and can be easily upgraded to outrageous amounts of power. just make sure you get a manual or be prepared to buy a suncoast tranny if it is an auto.

the powerstrokes are great, i have an 02', but i love the Cummins and plan buying one later this year. when i get older and need somthing to work on, i'd like to get an old pre 94' dodge cummins to play with.

MNTNMAN
02-03-2005, 12:11 PM
just make sure you get a manual

And do the 5th gear nut fix, kill the KDP, and make sure its not a No. 53 block, and your good to go.

nosliw
02-03-2005, 12:27 PM
yea blocked the egr, went with no cat, spool up is something ill have to deal with :ermm:

2001-400ex'er
02-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
Anyway the ULTIMATE truck would be a Super-Duty truck (like fords) built by chevy (gotta have a chevy) with the Cummins motor and Allison tranny. Man, the best of all worlds.

Haha my friend just said the exact same thing to me.... weird.

mrusk
02-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Even if you drive 10k miles ayear and keep the truck for 3 years, a desiel truck will still pay off. You pay the extra money at the begin, and you get it back in the end. Ever wonder why you see 97' f350 desiels selling for 22k or so? Because deseils hold their value.

Matt

zlam27
02-03-2005, 10:22 PM
dad has a 95' 3/4 ram with the Cummins and it has 210,xxx miles and a lot of those were pulling a livestock trailer, im a believer. it gets the mileage of any gasser WHILE pulling that trailer too. also, who can complain about 22mpg on the interstate...

zach

nosliw
02-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by zlam27
dad has a 95' 3/4 ram with the Cummins and it has 210,xxx miles and a lot of those were pulling a livestock trailer, im a believer. it gets the mileage of any gasser WHILE pulling that trailer too. also, who can complain about 22mpg on the interstate...

zach

standard trans right?

Chanman420q
02-03-2005, 11:38 PM
my S10 averages about 24mpg highway, and its the 4cylinder.

maskale
02-04-2005, 11:10 PM
What gears are most of you guys running. My next truck will be a desiel, I hope to get the new 610 Dodge, but a Ford would be good too. For now though I am just currious what you guys get for MPG, and do lifts affect your MPG, I know it does with gas engines. I will not tow anything so 90% of my driving is on the hightway at 75MPH. Gas for my truck sucks, 12MPG is not good enough for me.

nosliw
02-05-2005, 12:10 AM
im running stock 3.73's and getting about 17-18mpg unloaded mix driving. stock 245 tires no lift nothing.

bullitz400
02-05-2005, 01:04 PM
My dad works at a place in Illinois that made the the 2nd fastest diesel truck ever made. Was tested at Bonneville at over 217 but had some problems. Now he has an 04 F-250 6.0L with 5 inch Straight pipe, chip, and turbo mod making over 500 h.p. and running 13 second 1/4 mile times.

cummins
02-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Every truck I have owned has been diesel. 92 Dodge Cummins auto 4x4 ,2001 Cummins 4x4 6 speed And most recently an 05 chevy duramax/ally. My favorite one by far was the 2001 Dodge. The duramax is a sweet truck but they are expensive to lift and a lot harder to get big HP out of IMO. I've only had it for a couple months not sure if I want to do anything to it yet I still want my old dodge back. Does anyone have pics of nice lookin lifted duramaxes? I check out www.chevytruckworld.com and the dieselplace.com all the time but I dont see many lifted ones I want a 6" rcd lift with 315 bfg's on 17's or 18's

Pro400EXC
02-14-2005, 06:23 AM
Most Expensive to get power out of?Whhaaaa? Dieselplace.com says all the time that the Duramax is the cheapest to get the most power out of....I eman for $700 you can get the Van Akken Box that'll give you 220more hp.... I mean thats not too bad..

xcyfz450
02-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
my S10 averages about 24mpg highway, and its the 4cylinder. is your s-10 going to hold its value like my diesel though?????

TM426
02-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Can your s-10 tow even 10,000 pounds:eek2:

WEEZIL
02-14-2005, 03:41 PM
I dont have an oil burner.. But my dad is a cat certified diesel technician.. "The best in town" I have dreams and asparations of becoming a diesel technician as well. I LOVE DIESELS.. The only reason riding the bus in the morning is enjoyable is listening to the turbo spool up! :scary: :scary:

TM426
02-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by WEEZIL
The only reason riding the bus in the morning is enjoyable is listening to the turbo spool up! :scary: :scary: [/B]

Thats funny. Its a good sound I had my powerstroke with 4" straight pipe going through chicago echoing between the buildings. I miss the sound:(

cummins
02-15-2005, 09:58 PM
Yeah thats great you get a VAN Aaken chip that has 220 HP but you probably won't have a transmission left. I have no clue how much it would cost to upgrade an Allison but I'm sure it would be several thouasand. I know Dodge Autos suck too but I had no trouble with my 6 speed dodge. I had a Edge COMP FASS fuel system 4" exhuast. I know the numbers were lower as far as HP and torque but it sure felt a lot faster and powerful then any chipped duramax or ford I've been in and I didn't have any beat me from a stop light either. I'm not here to bash ant of the diesel powered truck they are all great but I've owned a cehvy and a dodge and my dad has owned a chevy ford, and a dodge. He hated his Cummins but from my experience they are just overall better trucks. http://enterpriseengine.com/ this place is about 15 mnutes from my house they build some nice dodges I have yet to see any ford or chevy compete with them

Chef
02-15-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
My brother has an 03 6.0 F-250. He hasn't had any problems but it only has 35,000 miles on it (80% are towing). We just threw a MBRP exhaust on it a few weeks ago. Definitely helped the sound and the turbo spools up faster. Gauges are in the garage waiting to get put in and next is a chip or tuner.

We've got that MBRP on an 04 with a Predator Tuner and an Airraid (I Think?) intake...that thing sounds AWESOME. The turbo is louder than the motor I'm pretty sure.

nosliw
02-15-2005, 11:35 PM
stock allison can take a good 80-90additional horsepower tune without needing an upgrade. yes, those upgrades are quite expensive, but you do get what you pay for. with the higher end kits there's pretty much no way you can make enough power to hurt it. http://www.gmdieseltech.com/store2/cart.php?target=category&action=view&category_id=283

now, we own a 2001 dodge 2500 cummins (6speed) and a 2005 gmc 2500 duramax (allison auto) and there is absolutely no way the cummins can touch it. both bone stock. just no way no how, end of discussion. i've taken them to the track.

the duramax is still young, and about one the same playing field as the cummins (in terms of power). we will see if it's going to be as reliable also (if bosch can get the injectors right)

my 6spd dodge has every other sense of being faster than my duramax except for the fact that it isnt faster. i hope im making sense here. for example hearing the loud-as-can-be cummins screaming and me slamming through the gears like a mad man is fun as hell, and gives you goosebumps, but i look away from my tach for a second and i see my girlfriend in the dmax 3-4 truck lengths ahead of me. :ermm:

harescrambler45
02-16-2005, 12:36 PM
hahaha you guys and your little diesel trucks.i got a 99 freightliner with a kitty cat.of course it dont go to the races lol.

sharkinthepool
02-16-2005, 12:57 PM
I wish my buddy Travis could put a picture of his beast on here. Actually his is pretty sweet, but my other buddies, cody, is a monster.
Travis' is jacked way-high!!! I am 6'3" and the bottom of the door is at my shoulder. Done up right though trav never half *****es anything. Steel braided brake lines and all.

But Cody's is just a monster. Monster power for a monster truck. I should state both of them are Fords. Travis' is a 2000? something with a crew cab short bed, cody's is a 99 or 2000? something extended cab long bed. Cody's has the twin banks turbo's with a high flow output/input, whatever that is. It screams. Never seen a deisel smoke all four tires. Especially when they are on 44's.

They are both sweet disel eaters.

pismoracer
02-16-2005, 01:45 PM
I for one, love my Cummins Turbo Diesel! nothing like firing it up in the morning and watching the neighbors run out with their trash cans cuz they think its trash day! LOL

LTZ400rider
02-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by WEEZIL
I LOVE DIESELS.. The only reason riding the bus in the morning is enjoyable is listening to the turbo spool up! [/B]

hahahhahaha i do the same thing whenever im in a turbo vehicle, damn that is some funny chit tho

Dave400ex
02-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Check out ATS Diesel (http://www.atsdiesel.com) They have all kinds of good products.

pismoracer
02-16-2005, 03:53 PM
any of you guys go to www.dodge-diesel.org
im sandpuller2004 if you do one of my fav diesel sites/!!!!!

Chef
02-16-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by harescrambler45
hahaha you guys and your little diesel trucks.i got a 99 freightliner with a kitty cat.of course it dont go to the races lol.

Eh, its still just a freightliner. No matter what motor its got in it. Trade that sucker off on a Peterbilt or Kenworth. We got 11 of em and addin 2 more next month.

harescrambler45
02-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Eh, its still just a freightliner. No matter what motor its got in it. Trade that sucker off on a Peterbilt or Kenworth. We got 11 of em and addin 2 more next month.

well lets see.drive a FTL,never leave the state,drive the speed i want,be home evernight,and make 3x the money.no thanks dont want no pete lol.

Pro400EXC
02-17-2005, 05:16 PM
LOL...Chef..I never knew you had petes and ken's.....

Ohh Man..I saw the sweetest 85 Long Nose Pete the other day..It was two tone silver and purple..24.5 alcola's and the spinners all the way around..Trailer an dal..8in stacks, and chicken lights out the ying yang....was the sweetest lookin pete i seen ina while..I ahd to yell over the CB.."dammit man...that pete is looking GOOOD"

Chef
02-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by harescrambler45
well lets see.drive a FTL,never leave the state,drive the speed i want,be home evernight,and make 3x the money.no thanks dont want no pete lol.

Hmm, sounds like what all of ours do...besides the freightliner part.