PDA

View Full Version : Need To Know Exact Answer

05 TRX250 EX
01-26-2005, 12:04 PM
I SEARCHED THE ENTIRE SITE AND FOUND WHEEL SPACER INFO, BUT NOT WHAT IM LOOKIN FOR, IF I DO NOT JUMP THE QUAD BUT RIDE WHEELIES ALL THE TIME AND HARD/ BUMPY TERRAIN, WILL IT BREAK THE WHEEL SPACER OR WILL IT HOLD UP AS LONG AS I DONT JUMP WITH IT?

TRX 250 EX

speedfreaksguy
01-26-2005, 12:10 PM
They will hold up fine. The biggest problem using spacers is the extra stress it puts on your axle. I wouldn't recommend hitting big jumps unless you want to buy an axle.

05 TRX250 EX
01-26-2005, 12:18 PM
IM GETTING THEM FOR THE FRONT ONLY, I HAVE AN AXLE FOR THE BACK, I JUST WANT SPACERS FOR THE FRONT... IS IT OK TO RIDE HARD OR SHOULD I TAKE AN EASY?

cdalejef
01-26-2005, 03:01 PM
They are a bad idea wether you jump or not! They will create bumpsteer and over stress your steering components.

01-26-2005, 03:48 PM
I agree with jeff 100% NEVER NEVER NEVER Put wheel spacers on the front. they will extremely effect the handeling in a negative way!

wilkin250r
01-26-2005, 05:05 PM
I'll disagree.

Yes, they will create more feedback through the bars, yes they will add more stress to your front end, and increase the likelihood of breaking something.

However, they aren't nearly as bad as they are made out to be. Many people run wheel spacers with no major adverse effects, other than requiring more effort to steer. Some people even jump with them, and they still work fine.

In the end, it comes down to personal choice. They create more stress on your steering components. Nobody can really tell you exactly if something will break or not, it has WAY to many factors, like the terrain you ride, your weight, your personal riding style, how often you ride, ect ect. In the end, you either accept the risk, or you don't.

priebo15
01-27-2005, 08:08 PM
so what im getting is that the spacers in the rear would be ok, cuz the biggest jump i go off of is a 4 feet tall table top, i get a good 4-5 feet in the air off of it, i plan to get a durablue axle later on (as in a year or so)..but i know that the front spacers is a definate no-no, they break so easily..if ur wanting it wider, then u might consider flipped rims. bad thing about that is its hard on ur lugnuts. or herrmann racing makes +2 a arms now, if ur willing to pay $550.