PDA

View Full Version : MY 450r

JEL
01-26-2005, 11:20 AM
my r

4LEAFCLOVER
01-26-2005, 12:14 PM
That's a nice 450R man. So how do you like yours. I love mine. Don't get to ride as much as I'd like to but oh' well, I have it just in case. Have fun man!!!!

JEL
01-26-2005, 12:24 PM
i like it alot i got a few more lil things on now this is an old pic thanks

4LEAFCLOVER
01-26-2005, 02:51 PM
How do you like that Curtis Sparks exhaust? Is it really loud as everyone claims it is? I want to get either that exhaust or the DR.D slip-on, I'm undecided on which to get a full CS exhaust or the slip-on. Any ideas on which to get?

JEL
01-26-2005, 08:24 PM
i like the sparks header.. ya its loud .. sounds good dont really hear the motor anymore i like it

01-27-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by JEL
i like the sparks header.. ya its loud .. sounds good dont really hear the motor anymore i like it

when you say "hear the motor", are you saying your motor is noisy? Mine makes all kinds of racket. I swear somethings wrong with it......but it runs fine. I keep threatening to take it into the honda shop, but haven't because it will be a hassle for me. I have until march 9th before my warranty runs out.

JEL
01-27-2005, 11:48 AM
ya its just the sound of the motor when u add a pipe it goes away

Flynbryan19
01-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by force
when you say "hear the motor", are you saying your motor is noisy? Mine makes all kinds of racket. I swear somethings wrong with it......but it runs fine. I keep threatening to take it into the honda shop, but haven't because it will be a hassle for me. I have until march 9th before my warranty runs out.

you may want to take it in....... Theres been a few people on here that have had bottom-end bearings let go in motors that are only a few hours old.:( Personally I'd have it checked before it went out of warrenty.

Thump_It
01-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Those bearings were going out within the first few (10) hours of riding or so. This motor is noisy, it just comes with the territory of a "high" performance, high revving motor. No worries.

01-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Thump_It
Those bearings were going out within the first few (10) hours of riding or so. This motor is noisy, it just comes with the territory of a "high" performance, high revving motor. No worries.

i really hope you're right!! The noise is coming from the top half of the motor (ruling out the crank bearing). I don't know if it's the valves, timing chain, or normal noise. I don't have another 450 to compare it to. It does seem noticeably louder after it's warmed up.

400sEXridr
02-11-2005, 04:58 PM
wow lucas that things not gay