PDA

View Full Version : ATV safety class

ZQ8Dude
01-26-2005, 10:22 AM
anyone take this?

i got a call last night telling me to call them for schedules.

first owned quad and my dealer automatic signed me up :rolleyes:

though on one bright side is that the place where they would have to hold it is very muddy with lots of clay, so watching newbies get stuck would be kinda funny.

Quad18star
01-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Thats great that your dealer signed you up . Any new commer to the sport should have to take a mandatory safety test, in my opinion .

MX ATV Racer 10
01-26-2005, 10:38 AM
When I bought my YFZ they offered it up, so I took it...

And no it wasnt because they were giving you $100 for taking it either :devil: :p

Honda4trax250x
01-26-2005, 11:38 AM
I would take it. It will probably be pretty interesting.

Cody_300ex
01-27-2005, 05:41 PM
My uncle went and took his a while back offerd him a 100 bucks so wtf. I can't wait till I buy my 450r and they sign me up.......worst mistake they ever made lol

400exrules
01-27-2005, 05:52 PM
lol act like a retard and u cant drive then bust out some wheelies and stuff lol, dump the clutch and smoke everyone:devil:

Jonesy
01-27-2005, 05:55 PM
i took it a few years back. I had to take it to ride a quad bigger than 90cc in michigan though, not for safety. It is just basic stuff like turning on a hill, emergency stops, crossing a log, and avoiding obstacles.

gratzracing24
01-27-2005, 06:26 PM
when i got my 1st quad about 2 years ago my mom wanted me to but i never did

400exrider36
01-27-2005, 07:46 PM
my dealer signed me up, id get $100, they said they would call when the class starts and i waited for almost 3 months and so i just took another one

deathman53
01-27-2005, 09:27 PM
first time riders should be signed up, but lets think about this.....if you are buying a yfz450 you have no business being on the bike if you don't know how to ride it. That person should get a 300ex, 250ex, mohave, nothing bigger than a 300cc 4 stroke and they definelty shouldn't be on 2 strokes(well maybe a blaster). Dealers need to have some common sense too, they shouldn't sell the newbee the biggest, fastest bike they have, they should sell them the bike that fits their riding ability, intended riding, and physicall size. I seen too many fathers on raptors and the kids on raptor 80's and the fathers have no idea how to ride the bike and end-up getting hurt and then cry "its the atv's fault". HELLLLLOOOOO, you shouldn't be on a 660 raptor unless you know how to ride.
I have a strange feeling I'm gonna be going to atv course with-in the next year, my borthers wife want to ride atv's and I know my bro is gonna want me to go with her there. I'll be taking my 200x three wheeler and watch the instructor's jaw drop.

ZQ8Dude
01-28-2005, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
lol act like a retard and u cant drive then bust out some wheelies and stuff lol, dump the clutch and smoke everyone:devil:

lol, yeah that'd be funny, hows that for safety riding wheelies down the straights.

to be honest, a part of me just wants to watch everyone get stuck and be "afraid" of the new power lol

DEAL
01-28-2005, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by deathman53
first time riders should be signed up, but lets think about this.....if you are buying a yfz450 you have no business being on the bike if you don't know how to ride it. That person should get a 300ex, 250ex, mohave, nothing bigger than a 300cc 4 stroke and they definelty shouldn't be on 2 strokes(well maybe a blaster). Dealers need to have some common sense too, they shouldn't sell the newbee the biggest, fastest bike they have, they should sell them the bike that fits their riding ability, intended riding, and physicall size. I seen too many fathers on raptors and the kids on raptor 80's and the fathers have no idea how to ride the bike and end-up getting hurt and then cry "its the atv's fault". HELLLLLOOOOO, you shouldn't be on a 660 raptor unless you know how to ride.
I have a strange feeling I'm gonna be going to atv course with-in the next year, my borthers wife want to ride atv's and I know my bro is gonna want me to go with her there. I'll be taking my 200x three wheeler and watch the instructor's jaw drop.

If one dealership doesn't sell them the bike .. they will go one town over .. or a state over and will find another dealership that will sell it to them .. so why not sell it to them when they are going to get it anyways and you lose profits.