PDA

View Full Version : Think It's Worth it ??

Quad18star
01-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Alright well I need a truck , it's as simple as that . What do you guys think of this deal? 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 extended cab . It has a 3 inch lift and brand new tires . Has Sony deck in it also ..... and I believe it's power everything . The truck has less than 100 000 miles and the owner wants $9500 CAD certified .

quad
01-25-2005, 08:22 PM
If the overall shape of the truck is great,I'd say its a good deal.Today,milage dont really mean too much.Assuming it was well maintained,its got quite a bit of life left.I know the dodge trucks do hold a good value,because I worked at a dealership.I'd look it over real good,test drive it too.Might even be able to talk him down a little.If not,it still sounds good.:)

Quad18star
01-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Ya I know I can talk him down , but I'd have to see what it would cost to certify the truck . Right now he'll do $9500 certified which works out to about $7700 US . He said he'd do $9200 not certified . I'll post a few pics of the truck.

Quad18star
01-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Another .

Quad18star
01-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Last ...

Thump_It
01-25-2005, 08:41 PM
It's almost a 10 year old truck. I would think you could shop around and find a newer pickup for that price. My buddy just picked up a '99 half ton for 10k. It was in great shape and had 60,000 miles. Just my 2 cents.......keep looking.

Mxjunkie
01-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Id check book value on it and work from there and see what he says

Quad18star
01-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
Id check book value on it and work from there and see what he says

Book is about $6000 but for having that low miles ... being a 4x4 in good shape in my area , it's worth more than $6000 .

I've seen some truck that are about 1997 or 1998 with about 150 000 miles selling for about $10 200 CAD . :confused:

I'm stuck making a decision ... do I buy it now and have it sit for maybe a few more months in my driveway ... or leave it and hope that another deal like this comes along later . I know Dodge trucks are good trucks ... we've owned 2 of them in the last 25 years ... both had and have High miles . Our 94 now has over 300 000 KM and it's still going strong . :D

Mxjunkie
01-25-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Book is about $6000 but for having that low miles ... being a 4x4 in good shape in my area , it's worth more than $6000 .

I've seen some truck that are about 1997 or 1998 with about 150 000 miles selling for about $10 200 CAD . :confused:

I'm stuck making a decision ... do I buy it now and have it sit for maybe a few more months in my driveway ... or leave it and hope that another deal like this comes along later . I know Dodge trucks are good trucks ... we've owned 2 of them in the last 25 years ... both had and have High miles . Our 94 now has over 300 000 KM and it's still going strong . :D

if its a deal and it looks like it is, it has a hitch and all id jump on it, im sure some1 could drive it while your crippled ;)

TheFontMaster
01-25-2005, 09:10 PM
That truck looks to be in really good condition. But for a 10 year old truck with almost 100 thousand miles, I think it's priced a couple grand too high. But if you do get that truck let me tell you, you will be lovin that 4 wheeldrive in the snow.:D

Quad18star
01-25-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
if its a deal and it looks like it is, it has a hitch and all id jump on it, im sure some1 could drive it while your crippled ;)

HAHAHA ... oh I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind .... she hates driving my Sunfire GT during the winter . Then I'd be in another jackpot ... I have to sell my Sunfire which I would only get about $2500 .... which at that price , is worth keeping . Sell it for $2500 , or give it to my parents to use for long trips .

Priced out Insurance for the Truck also .... Fire , Theft , Personal Liability and something else , would cost me $2600 a year . :(

Quad18star
01-25-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
That truck looks to be in really good condition. But for a 10 year old truck with almost 100 thousand miles, I think it's priced a couple grand too high. But if you do get that truck let me tell you, you will be lovin that 4 wheeldrive in the snow.:D

Oh I know ..... I love driving our Dodge in the winters . Slap it in 4 High and go . My Sunfire loves to throw you all over the road in the winters .... very unpredictable . Almost met my maker with my ex girl one day when slush decided to throw me sideways and a transport was comming . I saved it but I had to check my pants afterwards .

quad
01-25-2005, 09:16 PM
Tell him to get it certified by the location of YOUR choice.That way,he aint slippin someone he knows a hundred bucks to pass it.This way,you will know that its honestly in great shape if it passes inspection.I would buy it if I were you,assuming inspection goes well.:) If you walk away,(if your luck is like mine),youll miss out on it.Then you will be kickin yaself in the *** later.

Quad18star
01-25-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by quad
Tell him to get it certified by the location of YOUR choice.That way,he aint slippin someone he knows a hundred bucks to pass it.This way,you will know that its honestly in great shape if it passes inspection.I would buy it if I were you,assuming inspection goes well.:) If you walk away,(if your luck is like mine),youll miss out on it.Then you will be kickin yaself in the *** later.

Oh ya ... I'd get it certified by a place of my choice . He also said he'd drive to the city I live in to deliver . He lives over 6 hours away . I hate making decisions ..... If I buy this truck , no more quad parts for me for a while . lol

Almost $1000 worth of new tires ... and it has a remote starter . :devil:

quad
01-25-2005, 09:25 PM
Look at the bright side.....You already have a nice quad,nice truck(if u get it).Put the quad in back of the truck,then u have a "pooty picker upper":D
Also......look at the pic of the back window........You know ya wanna plaster stickers on that beast!!:devil:

Quad18star
01-25-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by quad
Look at the bright side.....You already have a nice quad,nice truck(if u get it).Put the quad in back of the truck,then u have a "pooty picker upper":D

So my handsomly good looks don't count?? Just playing . Ya I know what you mean though . Pay for the truck completly .... then all I have to do is pay off the quad and insurance each month , which would cost me $440 a month .

I'm the worst decision maker in the world .... usually a coin toss makes my decision . :ermm:

Guess I'm gunna have to sleep on it and talk it over with my parents .... see if they want another vehicle sitting in the yard .

FourFiftyFour
01-26-2005, 08:29 AM
looks like the truck is in really good shape, a truck would definitely be better than that little car...lol Im glad I decided to get my truck instead of a car bc I can take my quad anywhere.

RG #43
01-26-2005, 09:36 AM
I'd say, get him to knock off about $500, buy a chip and your set:D Seriously, that is a pretty ok price, have you seen it in person, or just photo's? Tires like that should throw alot of stones against the bottom of body and 2 ft up the cab both at the rear edge of front door and back of ext cab portion near box even with mud flaps-been there.
Can't tell from the pics, but what tires are on there? Sounds like a good deal to me. Trucks like that have been going well over book value here too. If you get it, I hope its a good truck for ya;)

ZQ8Dude
01-26-2005, 09:59 AM
looks pretty good, though definitely have them check the tranny and transfer case. dodges around here manage to just barely make the 100k mark before the tranny takes a crap on them. on of the reasons i wont own one.

and do get rid of that "dodge tough", that looks so lame. its like putting "powered by honda" on a civic. especially when it looks like the toughest thing its gone through is a snowed driveway

and not to jack the thread, to the guy who has the signature making fun of lowered trucks :p :blah: you know how much easier it is to get my quad in the back. although bags and hydralics are stupid. mines strickly performance. (plus lifted trucks are generaly too big for offroad, thats what jeeps are for)

bulkdriverlp
01-26-2005, 11:02 AM
thats too much id say 7500.

derekhonda
01-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Looks like a nice truck, but for a 3" lift those look like 285 tires. I have a 3" lift on mine but 305 tires i think it fills the wheel wells up a little better. That truck is in superb condition compaired to mine.

PS tint the windows

AtvMxRider
01-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
So my handsomly good looks don't count??

You really want an answer to that? $7000 does seem a little high for a 1500 but if it is in good shape I would say go for it Greg.

MY450R
01-26-2005, 01:53 PM
dude thats a rip off
i just bought a 98 f350 with an in bed dump body and a brand new fisher sander for 13000
dump body is new and sander is new truck has 54k miles on it
oh and i almost forgot i got a minute mount 7' fisher plow too but i just swaped it out for a 9 footer
now thats a deal!

MY450R
01-26-2005, 01:56 PM
sorry dude i just know my trucks and i know you wont listen because you prolly have your mind made up already but please dont do it.just dont
i know if ya keep looking you will find a better deal

Quad18star
01-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Here I'll make things easier for you guys . Go to www.trader.ca then click Find a Truck ... Then Select Northern Ontario and chose the makes and models . It'll give you guys an Idea as to how much trucks are going for in my region .

My 450R you got an exceptional deal on your truck . A truck like that in my area would run me an easy $25 000 CND . :ermm:

MY450R
01-26-2005, 02:39 PM
you think area make that much of a difference??
idk im just asking
i dont know if it would make that big a difference would it

MY450R
01-26-2005, 02:42 PM
yeah i did get an awesome deal
but i have to plow the guys driveway for the rest of the season for nothing
its real small so i dont care but i usually dont do driveways

Quad18star
01-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
you think area make that much of a difference??
idk im just asking
i dont know if it would make that big a difference would it

Ya ... up here it does . I find anyways . Trucks up here seem to hold their value a lot more , since most every family has atleast 1 or 2 trucks .

:confused: