PDA

View Full Version : White Brother's R-4 or E-series?

Stevo
04-29-2002, 01:11 PM
Well im gonna get a slip on again. I had the e-series before and liked it but is the new r-4 any better than the e-series power wise? I like the looks of both and my only concerns are weight and power?

04-30-2002, 04:41 PM
White brothers states that the R4 makes 26.1 hp on their dyno compared to the E series at 26.2 w/ 18 discs. So, I think the two are pretty comparable. Depends on the rest of your setup to really change the hp over stock. Airbox cover on/off, jetting, filter, etc. ATV action did an article on pipes for the 400 and they came up with 27.6 ponies with the E series. The full piped E was at 9.5 lbs int the test also. Nothing bout weight on their tech pages regarding any of the slip ons. I wouldnt think that there would be a significant difference to be able to tell the difference in weight. I would go with the one you like better. Hope this helps. :blah

user101
04-30-2002, 04:49 PM
i plan on getting the r4 pipe. ive heard that the r4 was more for someone who races and the e-series was for the trail rider. i just like the look of the r4 better