PDA

View Full Version : hood question

ny300exrider
01-25-2005, 07:31 PM
i got a question, coming from the 400ex i know you had to cut the whole middle hood out including the lights to get a carbon fiber hood. After you got that on you couldnt ever change it back. On the 450r the hood is removable so can you remove the stock hood and lights and install the carbon fiber but also have the option of switching back to stock if you needed the lights. I read that you have to cut off the mounting brackets to the lights to install the hood which would problably answer my question but im just making sure. If it mattered im looking at either the dixo or maier flat hoods but they problably all mount the same. thanks

JEL
01-25-2005, 07:54 PM
hey man i have the maier race hood with the scoops ... you can pu ton stock hood easy... you take all the lights and stock hood off drill two hole in the stock plastics at the bottom that nut and bolt.. and the tops are held in by hardware they give you its a easy job and looks real nice .. I LIKE It

tamehart
01-25-2005, 07:54 PM
I disconnected my lights and mounted up my carbon fiber hood with no problem. You can always switch it back, don't take more than a few min. If you looking for a hood...I have a feather carbon for sale...

ny300exrider
01-25-2005, 08:41 PM
alright sounds good, thanks guys. ill be getting one this spring but thanks for the offer

KEVIN
01-26-2005, 04:48 AM
heres what i did on my hood for the 450r use the top screws but on bottom rather than use nut and bolt and need more tools use the black male and female plugs that are all over your bike, they are cheap and make for less tools to take your hood off. it makes it easy to change back or just add antifreeze and it looks good to!:devil:

ny300exrider
01-26-2005, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by KEVIN
heres what i did on my hood for the 450r use the top screws but on bottom rather than use nut and bolt and need more tools use the black male and female plugs that are all over your bike, they are cheap and make for less tools to take your hood off. it makes it easy to change back or just add antifreeze and it looks good to!:devil: thanks for the tip, i have some of those black plugs around ill use them:)