PDA

View Full Version : ct racing

04-29-2002, 12:27 PM
hey guys,
I just sent my motor to ct racing in california, does anyone have experiance with them? how long does it take till I get my motor back?
thanks

Giz400ex
04-29-2002, 01:54 PM
I had a experience with them recently and didn't go to well!!! They are nice over there but won't deal with them anymore. They had my cylinder for about 5-6 weeks and they told me 3 weeks!!!

04-29-2002, 03:20 PM
I hope it doesn't take that long, we are planning a trip in about four weeks, I guess I'll wait and see what happens

05-08-2002, 10:56 AM
ok well I called ct, and they are putting on my head, it should be shipped sometime this week, they have had it almost two weeks now, so far I'm happy with my experiance with them, I'll keep you all updated on if I have any problems

zuLi0
05-08-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
I had a experience with them recently and didn't go to well!!! They are nice over there but won't deal with them anymore. They had my cylinder for about 5-6 weeks and they told me 3 weeks!!!

How was the quality of the motor tho? Even tho it was 5-6 weeks was it worth it?

Giz400ex
05-08-2002, 03:22 PM
Well, I really didn't have to deal with them. I could of just sent my rockers and cam to WebCams and got my piston from somewhere else and could of havd a shop around here to bore my cylinder!! But, obviously I thought of this stuff after I sent everything out. One thing I forgot to mention is that they lost one of my rockers which delayed that part of it, 2 weeks!! And I also had to pay for there mistake. I am positive that when I sent those rockers out, they were all there!!!!! My conclusion is that it really doesn't matter if it was CT..............these builders are all the same!! If you have a good experience with somebody! Then thats great because cherish that flavor because there's not alot to go around.

RED121572
05-10-2002, 07:20 PM
I ordered a standard bore 11:1 piston from them. They sent me a slight overbore piston. I sent them two emails afterwards and never got a response.

Also, I found that they werent helpful when I asked them what fuel I should run with that piston. The gentleman on the phone really couldnt answer or get an answer for any of my questions I had for him either.

They may be great engine builders, but there organization and people management sucks.

I will never again do business with CT Racing.

06-05-2002, 12:38 PM
ok well I got my motor back finally, its been six weeks, I installed it and it is running great, lots more power, lots. ct did great work, but it took forever and they weren't really helpful when I called on the phone to check to see when I would get my motor.