PDA

View Full Version : After Market Frames?

Oldrrider
01-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Any thoughts on an aftermarket frame for my 88 R? Where is the best price?
Thanks!

Rich250RRacer
01-25-2005, 10:12 PM
I have two Lonestar chassis 250r's, and am happy with both. The first was a 2001 chassis and fitting up some of the OEM parts was tough. My other is a 2003 and was a considerable improvement over the earlier model. Nearly everything fit properly. Look to spend about $2500 for a chassis and subframe,and there are many options to choose from. Roll design is probably the best chassis out there but expect to spend alot more. Laeger is also good, but they are no longer making frames, just components.

zedicus00
01-26-2005, 06:59 AM
i jus picked up an LRD attitude frame. it looks beautiful but i havent had a chance to bolt anything to it yet so i dunno how fitment is.

ex kid
01-26-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by zedicus00
i jus picked up an LRD attitude frame. it looks beautiful but i havent had a chance to bolt anything to it yet so i dunno how fitment is.

watch the front end of it...they have been known to break pretty easily.

i hear that Arens makes a nice chassis for a decent price.

zedicus00
01-26-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by ex kid
watch the front end of it...they have been known to break pretty easily.

the way projects are coming an goin through my house this frame might become a wall ornament in my garage so i dont think it will break anytime soon...thanx for the warning though. if i was looking for a frame in the market right now i would prolly try to find a used laeger or arens. or roll but used they r still to much $.

Oldrrider
01-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Thanks! That really helps. I think I will be looking for a used one to bolt my 1988 stuff on!