PDA

View Full Version : GNCC in Sparta KY

WVEXrider
04-29-2002, 11:30 AM
Some freinds and I are looking to go to the race in Sparta this weekend. Any info would be appreciated. Can we camp at the track and how much is it. The only motel I could find reservations at was the Carrolton INN. Is that place OK or would I be better off camping.

Also, what is the track like? I hear it has a MX section in it. I am not too fond of those huge mx jumps. We do a lot of fast technical trailriding and that is what I kind of expected in cross country racing. Thanks in advance for any help.

indygncc
04-29-2002, 12:10 PM
Sparta has pretty good campgrounds. If you wanna get a good nights sleep I would stay in the hotel. If you wanna party all night camp out. The track got very dusty last year, it is also a very long course. There arent any jumps that are that big to be scared of. What class do you plan on racing?

WVEXrider
04-29-2002, 12:27 PM
I plan on racing in the first year racer class. My friends ran at morganton in the 4 stroke novice class and finished 22nd and 23rd out of 46. That was thier first race ever. Had they ran in fyr they would have finished a lot better. Is their any registering required for the campground or is it first come first serve? we should be in a big trailer that will read "Hatfield McCoy ATV Racing Team". Thanks for the info on the track.

cdalejef
04-29-2002, 04:41 PM
The camping is first come first serve. I don't think there is a charge to camp, just the normal $10 gate fee.

Hey Adam, its a new track for Sparta this year. Its just down the road from the old track! Are you coming down on friday?

Whats up with Earlywines? We drove all the way up there sunday and it was canceled. The worst thing is we sat outside the house for about 15 minutes and no one came out to talk to us, finally a racer came over and told us it had ben canceled because of the rain (it was sunny out). I have never heard of a hare scramble race being canceled because of rain.

indygncc
04-29-2002, 08:18 PM
Jeff, We didnt even waste our time driving down there because we figured they would cancel the race due to all the previous rain. I dont think Chris(Earlywine) wants to get his track rutted up bad. Because that is one good part about racing there is the tracks are always in good shape. I wont be there Friday due to having to go to my Senior Prom. Ill make it down there at like 4 in the morning. Look me up Saturday morning. We will be in White Ford with a white 24" Box Trailer. Good Luck...

cdalejef
04-29-2002, 08:32 PM
I guess I just figured no one would ever cancel a HS race do to mud. We went over to Big Rock and it was even a little dusty on some of the trails.

I here ya on the 4am thing, thats about the time I will be getting off work. I hope to catch a couple Z's before I head up there saturday morning. I'm going to walk the track on friday tho.

Good luck to you at the prom!!! Or should I say after the prom!;)

wscotthougland
04-30-2002, 01:16 PM
that sucks about Earlywines, I was planning on coming down last weekend but was having some electrical problems. I would have been P.O. if I had drove nearly 2 hours.

I am planning on racing in the 4 stroke novice class if I my quad is running ok, I think my problem was just the kill switch:confused: . How long does it take to get registered?

Braff1
04-30-2002, 01:46 PM
Where is it located? I have asked before and did not receive any replies.

cdalejef
04-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Its in Maysville, KY.

Scott, what do you mean "How long does it take to get registered?"

wscotthougland
04-30-2002, 02:13 PM
I don't have an AMA card, so I am going to have to sign up when I get there. On the GNCC web site it says sign-up starts at 8am. I didn't know if there were going to be long lines that I would have to wait in.

cdalejef
04-30-2002, 02:18 PM
Yes, there can be a long line. Start standing in line around 7:45!

wscotthougland
04-30-2002, 03:23 PM
thanks Jeff, I will try to look you up after me & Newt get registered or between races.

Scott

cdalejef
04-30-2002, 03:53 PM
Sounds good! If I remember, I'll were my exriders t-shirt.

WVEXrider
05-01-2002, 06:57 AM
This question is for Jeff@quadshop

You said you would have your trailer at the race. We will be down there on Friday evening and I need a set of headlight covers for my 400. The only ones I could find were from Nacs racing and a few of my buddies already have those. We will be in the trailer that I spoke of earlier on this forum that reads
"Hatfield McCoy ATV Racing Team". If you don't get to reply back look for us if you have anything for me. I will look for the M&M racing trailer. Thanks.

One more question about sparta: Is there a bathouse my girlfreind can shower in Sat. morning?

cdalejef
05-01-2002, 10:50 AM
The only headlight cover I have in stock is the DG metal cover. The only plastic ones that I know of are form Nacs.

They probally won't have a shower house there since it is on a farm but your GF can come to my house and take a shower if she wants:D :D :D .......Just teasing!!!:blah

WVEXrider
05-01-2002, 01:24 PM
How much are the DGs and will you have them at the race with you?

cdalejef
05-01-2002, 08:36 PM
You have a PM:)

rowlrag
05-01-2002, 10:25 PM
I've got a shower!?

WVEXrider
05-06-2002, 06:50 AM
Well sh?t, we got high flood water early friday morning when we were supposed to be leaving. Had to transform our trailer into an emergency vehicle to transport our stuff to higher ground. The water did'nt go down until friday night and the mud still remains to be cleaned up. I was getting pretty worked up but the water was half way up my driveway so there was no possible way I could have made it. Maybe (definetly!!) next time.