PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with lowering kit

416HiRoller
01-25-2005, 04:56 PM
When I bought my 400 it had a durablue lowering kit on the back and I wasn't sure about the clearance (with an 18" tire). My neighbor said that it was for TT and that when I jump it will push up and possibly through the threads on the dogbone. I wasn't sure if I would have problems with it like he said or not. I've already jumped it a little, but not on anything real big and didn't have any clearance issues but I wasn't sure if it was okay to jump anything bigger because of what he told me. Is it okay to keep it on there or should I get a whole new linkage in the back.
THANKS

400exrider707
01-25-2005, 04:59 PM
I would definitely NOT jump with the lowering kit on it. It says right on the packaging of those to not jump it. I would look for like a stock setup on ebay if money is tight or just get the gt thunder setup or something similar.

416HiRoller
01-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Thanks, I think I'll just get a stock set up for it. Man that kinda sucks though, I like the way it sits. Is there a inexpensive lowering kit that you can use to ride mx? Oh and I'll check out the one from GT Thunder. Thanks Again!

400exrider707
01-25-2005, 05:31 PM
I'm pretty sure the aftermarket linkages will have it sitting an inch lower than stock and give it a little more travel too. I know you can send GT thunder your rear shock for a revavle and get their linkage too and it is supposed to be awesome.

416HiRoller
01-25-2005, 05:44 PM
When I bought the bike two weeks ago, the guy I got it from said that he had had the rear shock revalved and had put that lowering kit on it. He raced TT and said originally that he had gotten the shock revalved to lower it a little more than stock and then he said that he wanted it lower so he got the durablue. So does it have to be valved for the linkage or can I just put the link they have on it. How much do they sell the GT Thunder linkage for?

400exrider707
01-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Not sure about the price. I would say your going to have to revavle it anyways, unless you plan on racing tt anyways. But if your not looking to spend much you could just buy another stock 400 shock on ebay pretty damn cheap and look into getting the stock link on there too, other wise send that shock to GT and get their linkage. Sorry dont know about the prices , I'm sure someone on here knows though.

416HiRoller
01-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the info and help!! I think I'll check out Ebay.