PDA

View Full Version : Which exhaust has the most horsepower gain??

quadsrfun
01-25-2005, 02:08 PM
Does anybody have any horsepower gain specs on 450R exhaust, I know the CT racing gives 9 xtra horses.Thanks in advance.

Mrs. Quadsrfun

JW450R1
01-25-2005, 04:46 PM
I THINK CURTISS MAY HAVE THE MOST GAIN.
450R.NET HAS A EXHAUST COMPARISON.CK IT OUT:p

redrider9045
01-25-2005, 05:11 PM
i say bladwin felt so much diffrenece

redrider9045
01-25-2005, 05:11 PM
i say bladwin felt so much diffrenece

JW450R1
01-25-2005, 05:24 PM
FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND HMF MAKES BALDWIN EXHAUST.
I HAVE HMF FULL SYSTEM.AND IT HELPED LOW END A-LOT.
4 LOW-4-MID-6 TOP END

flees41
01-25-2005, 05:28 PM
I have a ROSSIER pipe on my 450R It makes great power. Check out there web site for dyno charts and info.

http://www.rossiereng.com/

JW450R1
01-25-2005, 05:33 PM
HAS ANYONE SEEN THE INPLUSE PIPE FOR THE 450R?

devil6
01-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by quadsrfun
Does anybody have any horsepower gain specs on 450R exhaust, I know the CT racing gives 9 xtra horses.Thanks in advance.

Mrs. Quadsrfun Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no exhaust that gives 9 HP. None. You can not break 40 hp with the stock cam. This has been dyno proven on trx450r.net
Once the cam is changed, I'd say pulsecharger as it gives up no loss of lowend yet pulls better than others on top. Most of the pipe dynos have been doctored to show higher output, and without a baseline run with a stock bike, the dyno sheet is worthless. Pulling the airbox lid and rejetting is worth like 4 horse by itself. I think a 175 main, and most pipe mfg's do that when they add their pipe and dont tell you that was included with the pipe change, thus giving a false reading.

Martin Blair
01-25-2005, 08:51 PM
yoshi trs :macho

jmpulse
01-25-2005, 09:29 PM
Awe, another post of lies and half truths ;) While we are at it, how about the Chevy vs. Ford battle.

joe1l
01-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Holy crap how many pipe threads are there on this board, it seems like every other post is about a pipe, don't people use the search button!!!!!!:confused:

Ok here is a quick lesson!!!

joe1l
01-25-2005, 09:33 PM
And here are the 49 pages of results over 1200 threads in the 450R section alone!!!:eek2:

jeepnrocks
01-25-2005, 09:38 PM
go here and see what devil means
they are showing a baseline 450r at around 47 horses.
http://www.trinityracing.com/products/honda/trx450exhaustpipes.html
now the gains are very reasonable 47 to 52 hp but what everyone will see is a peak of 52 hp and be like ahhhh that pipe makes mad power blah blah blah...
oh well my pulsecharger will be here soon :)

WhiteZee
01-25-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by devil6
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no exhaust that gives 9 HP. None. You can not break 40 hp with the stock cam. This has been dyno proven on trx450r.net
Once the cam is changed, I'd say pulsecharger as it gives up no loss of lowend yet pulls better than others on top. Most of the pipe dynos have been doctored to show higher output, and without a baseline run with a stock bike, the dyno sheet is worthless. Pulling the airbox lid and rejetting is worth like 4 horse by itself. I think a 175 main, and most pipe mfg's do that when they add their pipe and dont tell you that was included with the pipe change, thus giving a false reading.
thank you so much for typing that out. you are 100% correct.

chad502ex
01-26-2005, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by jmpulse
Awe, another post of lies and half truths ;) While we are at it, how about the Chevy vs. Ford battle.

Chevy here!:macho

quadsrfun
01-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no exhaust that gives 9 HP. None. You can not break 40 hp with the stock cam. This has been dyno proven on trx450r.net

Just getting my info straight from the CT website http://www.ctracing.com/new_page_1.htm

So I guess it is their bubble that got burst! Thanks for the "help":rolleyes:

quadsrfun
01-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Thanks to all for the help!! Mrs. quadsrfun

devil6
01-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
thank you so much for typing that out. you are 100% correct. Thank you my org brothers for backing my statement up. Usually i just get flamed to hell.

:devil:

WhiteZee
01-26-2005, 06:07 PM
Usually i just get flamed to hell.

:devil:
no problem. yeah i usually get flammed on here too.

chad502ex
01-26-2005, 07:31 PM
no problem. yeah i usually get flammed on here too.

wow your lucky! i get flamed not just here but everywhere! heh

WhiteZee
01-26-2005, 08:28 PM
and theres a very good reason for it.

JDiablo
01-26-2005, 08:37 PM
DG gets ya a narly 9.23554 ponies:D

lol j/k i would look into Sparks,HMF,TC,GT thunder pipe but there expensive as hell

chad502ex
01-27-2005, 06:12 AM
well since your seem to be at it again, what kind of idiot quotes someone in their signature like they worship their every word? must not be smart enough to think for yourself that you have to go around and quote everyone else. talking about being a follower! LMFAO!:grr:

WhiteZee
01-27-2005, 11:41 AM
im not starting anything up......

chad502ex
01-27-2005, 12:32 PM
good!

trout
01-27-2005, 04:35 PM
get off white Zee's back! Perhaps he liked the quote. have you ever seen anyone quote einstein? are THEY to stupid to think for themselves?

NO PIPE ALONE WILL MAKE ANYWHERE NEAR 6 Hp. OR MORE.

most of the pipe manufacterurs claims are with the airbox lid off and re-jetted. If you are looking at pipe alone, you may get 2-3 HP max out of a pipe. If you take off the airbox lid and add a pipe you could get maybe 6-7h.p.

Buy a Dr. D. slip on or a http://www.pulsecharger.net/ (pulsecharger)

trout

WhiteZee
01-27-2005, 06:11 PM
thank trout, and yes a like this quote a lot. you may notice this is the only site i have it in my sig, and that is because it applies mainly to the people on this site.

devil6
01-27-2005, 06:18 PM
thank trout, and yes a like this quote a lot. you may notice this is the only site i have it in my sig, and that is because it applies mainly to the people on this site.

LMAO!!! How true.

casidk
01-28-2005, 12:58 AM
Here in Denmark we drive whit CHM in 2004 ( Champ Bike ) and on the new bike we continiue whit CHM in 2005. power from bottom http://www.hondapartsworld.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=4349

www.asqrt.dk

chad502ex
01-28-2005, 06:19 AM
well, since we seem to be quoting here then here is a few more quotes:

check out www.trx450r.org there is a performance FAQ forum and it has everything you need to know about jetting.

here's another quote:

www.trx450r.org

go to the maint. forum and you can find it there.

yet another quote:

quit being so lazy...

engine - .82 quart
tranny - .56

http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index....indpost&p=26982

here's another quote:

i get tired of argueing with people that are not open minded.

another:

its funny when guys from .org come on here and try to help people and get " their dumb and are not open to new ideas" that is the complete opposite from how it really is. .org has the best tech and knowlegde of any web site i have ever seen.

another:

you all are ****ing idiots, what the **** is wrong with your retarded heads? god dam

another:

See a pattern of behavior here? I do- it's called being a trouble-maker

I could quote more, but why bother,...the point is made

chad502ex
01-28-2005, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by trout
get off white Zee's back! Perhaps he liked the quote. have you ever seen anyone quote einstein? are THEY to stupid to think for themselves?

NO PIPE ALONE WILL MAKE ANYWHERE NEAR 6 Hp. OR MORE.

most of the pipe manufacterurs claims are with the airbox lid off and re-jetted. If you are looking at pipe alone, you may get 2-3 HP max out of a pipe. If you take off the airbox lid and add a pipe you could get maybe 6-7h.p.

Buy a Dr. D. slip on or a http://www.pulsecharger.net/ (pulsecharger)

trout

look trout! the only reason i replied the way i did was because of his comments was drumming up crap again. Then when confronted, he denied like he wasn't. i have been watching his posts for some time and have seen his attitude across and with this whole website- not just me! look at his quotes! Unfortunately, nobody has ever put him into check. we don't sign on to these places to have someone constantly be negative to ppl. i am willing to "move on", but i wanted to explain my reasonings to you. One more thing, einstein and mixxer is not even a close comparision..

WhiteZee
01-28-2005, 02:05 PM
lol, i feel so special you spending all that time looking up my posts. i could really burn you if i wanted to waste time pulling up some of the wonderfull things you have said.

01-28-2005, 04:42 PM
I knew I wanted a slip on and for some time I had my heart set on a Dr. D but I had a good oppurtunity to get a HMF. I dont think it has the most power gain out of any pipe but I went with it anyways and plan to take airbox lid off. I will ride it tuesday or wednesday night

chad502ex
01-29-2005, 01:23 PM
special? if that makes you feel special- whatever! .:rolleyes: i wasn't trying to make you feel special. took no time at all to copy your most recent posts and reposts your attitude. if you want to do the same cut and paste about me- go for it, cause it's already been mentioned and been pointed out already about my faults:p

everybody gets a chance to turn a new leaf if they want to. how do you suggest we continue? personally, i would prefer to erase the past and start anew. let's decide

300ex73
01-29-2005, 03:33 PM
From my understanding, the HMF full exhaust is supposed to be the best for the 450R. And I think the Sparks comes in a close second. I myself am, however, partial to the Sparks, so that's what I'll be running. But if you're wanting the most power, you may want to check into the HMF full system.

exrider44
02-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Im waiting to see the results of the pipe shootout vs the pulse charger.

86atc250r
02-01-2005, 10:41 PM
See a pattern of behavior here? I do- it's called being a trouble-maker

I could quote more, but why bother,...the point is made

LOL --- one word...

Mirror

---- take a peek in one.

As for exhausts? Don't waste much time trying to determine which is "best", especially by trying to get opinions on the net - very few have the experience and test time to give you any more of an evaluation than what they've "heard" or beyond the pipe they happen to own.

Basically almost all the pipes are practically the same - some are even just relabeled versions of another manufacturer's pipe. They are open core and of similar length & diameter. All will offer a power advantager over stock and will develop very similar power numbers to each other. One notable exception may be the pulsecharger which is a different design than practically every other pipe out there.

Basically it's going to boil down to which pipe you can get the best price on and which looks the best to you.

Most people spend WAY too much time and effort fretting over which pipe is "better" than the next, and for the most part, it is time wasted.

jeepnrocks
02-01-2005, 10:50 PM
i just want to find a dyno in my area !!
pittsburgh anyone

chad502ex
02-02-2005, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
LOL --- one word...

Mirror

---- take a peek in one.

ditto

86atc250r
02-02-2005, 08:43 AM
You just don't get it, do you?

Ditto, eh? I don't consider myself a trouble maker, nor do I think you will find many others who know my history that will, either - but your history clearly shows some significant, long standing patterns. Ever notice how the flames tend to follow you around? Strange, eh?

I haven't been over here for a couple weeks, then I drop in to read some threads and what do I see? Chad going off on someone, having the nerve to call them a trouble maker, and then, to top it off scouring the forum for a bunch of mostly unrelated quotes in a weak attempt to prove a point.

I really don't think you want anyone to scour any forums in a similar manner for quotes from you --- hence my mirror comment.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones --- get it?

I really don't come here to chastise you Chad, but when time after time I see you in the middle of flaming someone it's hard not to say something. Feel free to get the last word if you need to - I'll let you have it, I've wasted enough time here already.

chad502ex
02-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
You just don't get it, do you?

Ditto, eh? I don't consider myself a trouble maker, nor do I think you will find many others who know my history that will, either - but your history clearly shows some significant, long standing patterns. Ever notice how the flames tend to follow you around? Strange, eh?

I haven't been over here for a couple weeks, then I drop in to read some threads and what do I see? Chad going off on someone, having the nerve to call them a trouble maker, and then, to top it off scouring the forum for a bunch of mostly unrelated quotes in a weak attempt to prove a point.

I really don't think you want anyone to scour any forums in a similar manner for quotes from you --- hence my mirror comment.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones --- get it?

I really don't come here to chastise you Chad, but when time after time I see you in the middle of flaming someone it's hard not to say something. Feel free to get the last word if you need to - I'll let you have it, I've wasted enough time here already.

ok Gabe whatever. I will get the last word time and time again especially when you show up time and time again and always have to butt into other conversations. If you had read the thread entirely i left it open to him to forget about it and start anew. He was the one who didn't reply in the end which make me believe the issue between us still remains. Any time anyone starts or makes negative comments to me, I'll return one; especially to you cause the only time you converse with me is to drum up **** again and join the bash bandwagon. Everytime there is a problem with someone bashing me it's inevitable you show up and have to drum in. Don't bother replying cause i really have no interest anymore with conversing with you. good riddens. exposed index

WhiteZee
02-02-2005, 01:39 PM
the reason i have not replyed is because this is a complete waste of time. i try to spend my time helping others on here and trying to learn new info, chad tries to start ****, im done arguing about it.

chad502ex
02-02-2005, 02:58 PM
im done arguing about it.

ok, me to

that's all you had to say

dn1911
02-02-2005, 05:42 PM
man i was starting to think that everyone had dropped their grudges against other people on this site. i think if everyone stopps pointing stuff out about other people then the back and forth bickering will stop.

how about we all try this, cause this type of stuff dosen't help people make an informed decision on what type of exhaust system will benfit them the most.

chad502ex
02-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by dn1911
man i was starting to think that everyone had dropped their grudges against other people on this site. i think if everyone stopps pointing stuff out about other people then the back and forth bickering will stop.

how about we all try this, cause this type of stuff dosen't help people make an informed decision on what type of exhaust system will benfit them the most.

i just love quads.

great idea to drop the grudges. im down.

can't wait till the pipe shootout to see the real pipe scoop.

:D

wppracing
02-03-2005, 03:45 AM
My pipe shoot out is only 2 days away.

sharkinthepool
02-03-2005, 05:35 AM
My picks would be between,
GT Thunder, Curtis Sparks, and Baldwin

wppracing
02-03-2005, 07:49 AM
I might have a NEW Sparks X6 Ceramic after the test.

exrider44
02-03-2005, 09:27 AM
Im holding out for the shootout its either gonna be Sparks or the Pulse Charger:macho

chad502ex
02-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by wppracing
I might have a NEW Sparks X6 Ceramic after the test.

Brian, are you saying that after the shootout you plan to sell this pipe?

jeepnrocks
02-03-2005, 04:10 PM
thats the impression i got

Kilabanshee
02-03-2005, 05:12 PM
I think sparks and the PC exhaust will be fairly close. I think the dynos will show and like alot of people who have tested the pipe will show that the dyno will have a more smooth power layout and possibly rev out alittle higher then the sparks. I've been wondering all along that if this would be worth selling my sparks to get the pc exhaust I guess ill find out soon enough.

wppracing
02-03-2005, 06:53 PM

Looking for a good Curtis Sparks X6. Anyone got one for sale? OR a Yoshimura RS3 or Tri-oval.

To answer the above question, I might have the Sparks for sale only if the PC has more HP and Torque. If not I will keep them both. The PC will not be sold ..............

I just got the Proto Type Stealth Charger to test.

chad502ex
02-03-2005, 10:04 PM

Looking for a good Curtis Sparks X6. Anyone got one for sale? OR a Yoshimura RS3 or Tri-oval.

To answer the above question, I might have the Sparks for sale only if the PC has more HP and Torque. If not I will keep them both. The PC will not be sold ..............

I just got the Proto Type Stealth Charger to test.

Brian, your freak'n me out with the PC not being in your top three picks, wtF? :cool:

i'll make a prediction (my twisted theory on the winner for peak hp);

i don't know what the inside diameter of the PC header is compared to the Sparks, but i think it looks smaller than Sparks.
the problem with the 450 sparks system is that it does not include a reverse megaphone design on the silencer. reverse megaphone helps big time for top end peak HP. small diameter helps velocity bottom end grunt- aka torque.

the PC has reverse mega- sparks does not.
sparks has bigger inside diameter- PC is smaller but uses stepper design.
bigger header is great for top end

sparks designed his pipe towards stock 450r to inprove the little if any bottom end grunt. let's face it- everyone that bought a 450r thought the bottom end power sucked off the showroom floor; so the first thing most ppl did that ride dirt was either gear down or they bought a pipe and or cam combo. So, Sparks designed a system without reverse megaphone for the 450 to help with the lack of bottom end response. As comparison, Sparks X6 for the 400ex has reverse megaphone on it because the 400ex has more factory bottom end torque but offers less top end power. So, sparks needed to bump up top end performance on the 400ex with reverse mega design. Is everyone still with my twisted view?

i have to tell ya,.... I'm extremely impressed that John (aka Mixxer and PC owner) is putting out his product in front of everyone even before the mad rush of purchase occurs; so he must have did some thorough investigation and comparison on his dyno, and even posted on .org, to feel extremely confident enough to participate in the competition. I havn't seen any other pipe manufactures participating. For the fact that his pipe has reverse megaphone for top end peak HP, and the fact that he's done his homework, the PC will win overall.

i've been wrong before tho! :confused:

chad502ex.com

wppracing
02-04-2005, 04:04 AM
To answer this again..

Sharkinthepool posted this statement below;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read what he said after Curtis Sparks X6-- Anyone got one for sale??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above post was made from sharkinthepool- NOT ME
I just answered HIS QUESTION....

I might sell my Sparks if the Pulse Charger is alot better.
I already own a Sparks X6 and the Pulse Charger.

chad502ex
02-04-2005, 06:27 AM
To answer this again..

Sharkinthepool posted this statement below;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read what he said after Curtis Sparks X6-- Anyone got one for sale??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above post was made from sharkinthepool- NOT ME
I just answered HIS QUESTION....

I might sell my Sparks if the Pulse Charger is alot better.
I already own a Sparks X6 and the Pulse Charger.

o, my bad!

red2004 TRX450R
02-04-2005, 09:48 AM
Hetrick Racing Honda TRX450R REV-MEG Exhaust - Motocross System.
IS a great pipe!!!!!
in the pipe shootout the PC may win because its the only one with REV-MEG.

I say put the hetrick in the test and u will be impressed!!!!
the only bad thing about the hetrick is that its is LOUD and no SA!!

this is for the YFZ but like the TRX
http://www.hetrickracing.com/yfz450-stainless%20headpipe3.jpg

http://www.hetrickracing.com/trx450%20exhaust.jpg

WhiteZee
02-04-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R

in the pipe shootout the PC may win because its the only one with REV-MEG.

what is "REV-MEG"?

chad502ex
02-04-2005, 01:22 PM
what is "REV-MEG"?

WZ, reverse megaphone- you can read my reply about reverse megaphone too

red2004 TRX450R
02-04-2005, 02:47 PM
see in the pix where the pipe gets fat before entering the can. thats reverse megaphone.

unlike most pipes they stay the same sizes when entering the can!

if you want to know more go to pc's sight and under articles!

http://www.hetrickracing.com/raptorpipe1.jpg