PDA

View Full Version : Iatvhss Goals????

QUADROOKIE
01-25-2005, 05:16 AM
Ok, now its about time we all start focusing on how to meet our goals for this season. The first step in meeting goals, is to identify those goals! First, whats everyones goal for the first race, and also for the season.

The first race I hope to place top 15, and finnish without breaking anything on my body or quad. For the season I hope to finnish top 10 and win one race. I will most likely race the beginners class, or c-class if they dont have a beginners class.:D

montycarlo
01-25-2005, 06:02 AM
I just wanna have fun.

I think a lot of racers lose sight of having fun when they chase the almighty victory too hard. Obviously it will only be fun for me to do as well as I think I can. I'm actually gonna step backwards one class I think and run the C class. You think I have a quitter attitude? FU! Last year I had the slowest quad with the worst suspension in the second race and was NOT competitive. I haven't got the money for a new quad but I still wanna race & get good experience so I think I'll back up to the C class. That way I'll be happier with better competition for my old slow *** and you A-rider hotshots won't yell and scream at me because I didn't jump off a cliff to get out of your way. :scary:

Last year my best finish was a 10th at Waukon #1. My goal this year is a top 5 finish.

watts16
01-25-2005, 06:34 AM
i just want to have fun and finish every race and not have any mechannical failures

balls2da-wall
01-25-2005, 10:51 AM
My goal is not to break anything on my quad. I managed to break something every race last year:( :p

79400ex
01-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Coming out central missouri to run 30+ class. I hope to finish in the top in pionts. Going to try to run only 5 races. This will be the first time I raced in Iowa. Hope to make the april 10 race if I don't have to work.

QUADROOKIE
01-26-2005, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by montycarlo
I just wanna have fun.

I think a lot of racers lose sight of having fun when they chase the almighty victory too hard. Obviously it will only be fun for me to do as well as I think I can. I'm actually gonna step backwards one class I think and run the C class. You think I have a quitter attitude? FU! Last year I had the slowest quad with the worst suspension in the second race and was NOT competitive. I haven't got the money for a new quad but I still wanna race & get good experience so I think I'll back up to the C class. That way I'll be happier with better competition for my old slow *** and you A-rider hotshots won't yell and scream at me because I didn't jump off a cliff to get out of your way. :scary:

Last year my best finish was a 10th at Waukon #1. My goal this year is a top 5 finish.

I agree with you to a point. Alot of the "top" riders are true athletes. By that I mean played every sport their whole lives through school, and this is a way of still maintaining that level of competition since school is over. So even if a guy at that level is pissed and throwing chit cause he broke a tierod on the last lap while leading and ends up placing 10th, he still is having a blast, just shows it differently. Its a sports thing. But u r right, some people do take it way to seriously.----Also, I could be wron on this, but if you raced B-class last year, I dont think you can race C-class. I thin their is a rule that you can never move down once you have raced in a higher class--but I could be wrong. But in the end, all you can do is all you can do, and your best has to be enough. Just have fun and the rest will work itself out!!;)

montycarlo
01-26-2005, 05:00 AM
IATVHSS rule #24: The overall champion in each class must move to the next class up the following year. For example, the overall champion in C class must move up and race B class the following year.

Doesn't say anything about the guy who can't keep up! :rolleyes: I guess that doesn't mean it isn't writen somewhere else.

Michelle
01-26-2005, 04:00 PM
You couldn't be more wrong about the top guys being athletes in high school. Duane is my husband and was never in any sports and I think I'm right in saying neither was Michael.

shep
01-26-2005, 04:15 PM
:bandit: I gotta go with Michell, most racers were any thing but jocks in high school!!!LOL

Johnny & Monica
01-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey I played baseball all threw school

Shep where you been ? How`s the smoking going? 16 days till texas an 74 till IA. woo woo

burrows
01-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Michelle
You couldn't be more wrong about the top guys being athletes in high school. Duane is my husband and was never in any sports and I think I'm right in saying neither was Michael.

Very well said. Its all in what you like to do and how bad you want to do it. Just stay out of their way this year. Cause their number 1 goal is to take home the money....;) :blah: Momma B

400exmom
01-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by burrows
Very well said. Its all in what you like to do and how bad you want to do it. Just stay out of their way this year. Cause their number 1 goal is to take home the money....;) :blah: Momma B ill stay out of the way but i may occasionally pop out from behind a tree and shout out WAHOO~

QUADROOKIE
01-27-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Michelle

Ok, well I guess I made a huge assumption there, What I am tryin to say is that the riders who take it so seriously, do so because they have the mindset that top athletes from any sport have...they work hard to be the best, and when things dont go right, they may get upset, or use it to fuel the fire. They are still having just as much fun as the guys who couldnt care less if they win or not. But then there are the "poor sport" types too, which we could all do without. And I guess I am thinking of alot of the "good riders" I know, (not necessarily "RACERS") were all great high school athletes and are very competative, but in a good way, in everything they do. Sorry if I labeled people as somethuing they are not!!:)

balls2da-wall
01-27-2005, 07:49 PM
^^^^ well put! I want to try my best this year and have fun at the same time. I just want to see what im made of in 2005...thats why im buckling down to a diet and workout plan...along with a practice track:D

QUADROOKIE
01-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by balls2da-wall
^^^^ well put! I want to try my best this year and have fun at the same time. I just want to see what im made of in 2005...thats why im buckling down to a diet and workout plan...along with a practice track:D
Thanks!! Yeah, I am on a plan too. My wife decided 2 weeks ago that she would start weight watchers, so I, being the kind, loving husband that I am, said I would do it with her to help support her. So I started as well, and also started walking/running one mile on a treadmill everyday at work on my lunch break. In two weeks I have already lost 11 pounds!! And I am also doing some very light weight work with dumbells as I run, and 3 days a week doing pushups and situps in the mornings. I feel better than I have for years already, and I tell you, once you make the comitment to start a plan like this, it becomes addicting I think. I get done running, go eat a salad and some carrots and my diet coke, and I feeel energized and ready to run anothwer mile!!!:D My biggest problem is gonna be finding time to get seat time in. I wish I had a place close to here that I could ride instead of having to go to bussey all the time, maybe Ill work on that. I really need to work on my starts so Im not always playing catych-up!!!

burrows
01-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Congradulations on losing 11 pounds. Lose some for me. I never could figure how you could lose on weight watchers. They have great things you can eat now adays. Guess it depends on how you fix it too. I know when my mom was on it years ago she ate alot of Tuna but now you can have alot of food. Great job. Momma B

QUADROOKIE
01-27-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by burrows
Congradulations on losing 11 pounds. Lose some for me. I never could figure how you could lose on weight watchers. They have great things you can eat now adays. Guess it depends on how you fix it too. I know when my mom was on it years ago she ate alot of Tuna but now you can have alot of food. Great job. Momma B

Thanks!! Well, I think I am just one of those people who it comes easy to. Even back in highschool when cutting weight for wrestling--all the other guys would starve for weeks at a time, but I could just cut down a little on what I ate, and the 2-3 days before weighins, I would just do about 15 minutes of extra jumpin rope or runnin each day, and I could lose the 5-7 pounds I needed to. I was that way til I got married...then I got lazy, started eatin good, and started getting fat. when i met my wife, I weighed about 180. 2 months ago, I weighed 225. now, this morning I weighed 204. I want to get down to about 190 give or take a couple pounds. The weight watchers meals and stuff for the most part are terrible I think. I eat alot of salad, fat free turkey on whole grain wheat bread, tuna, but I still eat some of the good stuff--spaghetti, pork chops, mashed taters...just eat about half the portions I used to eat. I think the main problem with alot of people who try diets is that they are too inpatient. They dont stick by it 100% for long enuff to really start to see progress. I dont even really count my points, I just sorta go with my gut on how many points I am eating, and its working so far!!! :)

79400ex
01-27-2005, 09:14 PM
I have done you one better I have lost 50 + pounds since sept.

Johnny & Monica
01-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Way to go Mike !!! Glad to see you're gonna come up and try out Iowa.

rpmquad
01-27-2005, 09:48 PM
my goal....not to puke at the first race :o lol....trying to use the tread mill alittle more this year lol

Johnny & Monica
01-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Johnny and I have been attempting to quit smoking, it's not going very well. After about 5 hours I go nutso. Johnny has been having trouble with his cell phone bill we'll needless to say I let Sprint have it and I'll be damned if they didn't credit my account $173.00.

rpmquad
01-27-2005, 10:01 PM
see there are some advantages to quitting smoking...able to rip *** at a moments notice :devil:

Shawn H
01-27-2005, 11:12 PM
79400EX
Its going to take 6 races to win a championship this year not 5? So your going to have to hit 6 for points. Unless you can sweep all 5 races but it would be very tough!

Its not good for your body to loose more than 1.5lbs a week and keep it off> Its a known fact that it will come back!Starving yourself of good protein and meals is Baddd,especially if your working out now you need lots more energy to feed a high performance body>

I come to the conclusion I have no goals anymore for the series what ever happens happens:huh As long as my quad stays together everything will be fine in the end I hope;)

I to dont think its a sports thing but I did play them.Im just a fierce competitor I ll race the old lady at the stop light if she looks like she wants to race :D Just ask my wife

Michelle
01-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Duane is the same way, when it comes to racing people on the road, I think it's a man thing. Congrats to all of you that are dropping the pounds. Lord knows you need to get in shape to beat the top pros. HA! HA! Just kidding! Good Luck to all for the 2005 race season.

Johnson's Old Lady

Johnny & Monica
01-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Michell , Your 05 goal needs to be to get Duane out of that shyness :D Speak up Boy your #1 this year in 2 series Put that helmet on him an put him in the woods an hold him up an he`ll cuss an yell like a soldier:devil: The battle between him an Micheal will be awesome this year .An it`s great they remain freinds at the checkered flag.Heres a picture that aways remains in my head the last race of the year down to points an Micheal gets screwed by a lap rider,In the picture you can tell Duane feels bad for his Buddy despite his own victory A true sign of good freinds an sportsmanship Way to go to the both of you.

Johnny & Monica
01-28-2005, 04:11 PM
An Aaron Burrows has goals to besides seeing his boy be #1

:devil: Aaron Pam will shoot you for those bad thougths:D

Kim where have you been hiding ? You didnt get pregnant an married this winter did ya:D Post a picture of that 416 of your.

400exmom
01-28-2005, 09:29 PM
PREGNANT!!:eek2: ROFL!! no action here in the muzz home johnny! plus no more babies for me!! got those parts removed 5 years ago!! i love that pic of aaron and me could you email me one? idnacluvu@yahoo.com

i dont have a digi camera all i have is my camera phone and i cant post it on here send me a email and you can post it for me!

i (heart) the burrows clan!

79400ex
01-28-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm
79400EX
Its going to take 6 races to win a championship this year not 5? So your going to have to hit 6 for points. Unless you can sweep all 5 races but it would be very tough!

Its not good for your body to loose more than 1.5lbs a week and keep it off> Its a known fact that it will come back!Starving yourself of good protein and meals is Baddd,especially if your working out now you need lots more energy to feed a high performance body>

I come to the conclusion I have no goals anymore for the series what ever happens happens:huh As long as my quad stays together everything will be fine in the end I hope;)

I to dont think its a sports thing but I did play them.Im just a fierce competitor I ll race the old lady at the stop light if she looks like she wants to race :D Just ask my wife

I am only able to run up to 5 races due to work schudele. So I am only planning to run 70% of the races. As for the weight lost you don't know me I can loss 50 pounds and not make dent in my weight . The weight is now coming off slower than I want. However, for my weight I am very fast.

Johnson
01-29-2005, 08:00 AM
My goal is for me and Micheal to have another close year. It was alot of fun racing that hard against him, It almost came down to the last lap at every race.

Shawn H
01-29-2005, 09:14 AM
As for the weight lost you don't know me I can loss 50 pounds and not make dent in my weight . The weight is now coming off slower than I want. However, for my weight I am very fast. [/B][/QUOTE]

I was not referring to you specifically:( your right I dont know you and you said 50lbs since Sept that was 4 months ago which would equal out to 3lbs a week which is not nearly as bad as loosing 11lbs in 2 weeks, its not good or healthy but people do it, once they decide to vear from there diet its known to come back!

I would bet its mostly water weight if you loose 11lbs that quickly, you must first build your muscles from training doing cardio once that is done then you will start burning fat!!

No hard feelings to anyone and its great that people are loosing weight no matter hwo they do it just be carefull doing it to fast!

I m no expert but I have been reading and researching this alot. Im not going to get into detail on my training tho:D

Shawn H
01-29-2005, 09:18 AM
Weird My wife must have been right next to you and took the same pic!!!:confused:

Johnny & Monica
01-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Oh, that's Jen's pic, swiped it off another thread. Thanks!!

Shawn H
01-29-2005, 09:25 AM
Ah ha I was wondering that woulda been so wierd:eek:

Johnny & Monica
01-29-2005, 09:36 AM
Make sure to check back tonite, Johnny's gonna have some new pics to post. He's got a special one for you Shawn.:devil: Don't worry it won't be x rated but he wants your advice since you're becoming an expert on the subject.

As far as Mike G, losing 50 pounds, it's alot. He may not be the fastest but he sure puts in the seat time racing. He'll drive by himself across 4 states to make it to the races and he's not a quitter.

Johnny & Monica
01-29-2005, 09:59 AM
Tom P. the ref posted this on another thread. I just had to put his link in here. Check it out it's hilarious.:D

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mototraining.wmv

Shawn H
01-29-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Make sure to check back tonite, Johnny's gonna have some new pics to post. He's got a special one for you Shawn.:devil: Don't worry it won't be x rated but he wants your advice since you're becoming an expert on the subject.

As far as Mike G, losing 50 pounds, it's alot. He may not be the fastest but he sure puts in the seat time racing. He'll drive by himself across 4 states to make it to the races and he's not a quitter.

Ahh great:( I never said I was a Expert at anything :grr:

I would never drive myself across 4 states to go racing> Well I did drive to Ohio to prep the quad for the 12hrs:devil:

QUADROOKIE
01-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm
As for the weight lost you don't know me I can loss 50 pounds and not make dent in my weight . The weight is now coming off slower than I want. However, for my weight I am very fast.

I was not referring to you specifically:( your right I dont know you and you said 50lbs since Sept that was 4 months ago which would equal out to 3lbs a week which is not nearly as bad as loosing 11lbs in 2 weeks, its not good or healthy but people do it, once they decide to vear from there diet its known to come back!

I would bet its mostly water weight if you loose 11lbs that quickly, you must first build your muscles from training doing cardio once that is done then you will start burning fat!!

No hard feelings to anyone and its great that people are loosing weight no matter hwo they do it just be carefull doing it to fast!

I m no expert but I have been reading and researching this alot. Im not going to get into detail on my training tho:D [/B][/QUOTE]

;) You are correct, it is mostly water weight the first 2 weeks of any diet. And It has slowed down alot the last few days. Now, its just a matter of gradually upping the level of exercise, and still eating a good balanced diet to fuel the process.I am more interested in getting into better shape than actually losing weight. So It will be easy for me to stick with it not worrying about every half a pound I lose or dont lose.:D

Michelle
01-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Hey Johnny I'm going to try to work on that shyness with him. I had no idea he was that outspoken on the track I thouhgt he was just that way with me. LOL!

Shawn H
01-30-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Tom P. the ref posted this on another thread. I just had to put his link in here. Check it out it's hilarious.:D

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mototraining.wmv

This Link is not working for me! Is ot working for everyone else?:ermm:

Johnny & Monica
01-30-2005, 11:22 AM
I had to right click and save it to file before I could see it. It's hilarious I hope you get it to work for you. If not let me know and I can try and email the file to you.

foxman_23
01-30-2005, 11:29 AM
LOL Good movie, Borderline scary tho

Shawn H
01-31-2005, 11:06 AM
Is this the one with the 2 half anked guys on the mx bike? If so I seen it before. I cant get it to work tho?:grr:

UbeenSmoked
01-31-2005, 11:20 AM
"thats some funny chit right there i dont care who ur are thats funny

Gitr done" Blue collar comedy great show lol

it worked for me but would pause all the time, longest 43 sec of my life watching it

EXtremephotos
02-03-2005, 07:19 AM
If you want your pictures taken this year, at the Harescramble races i need your info...

Name:
quad number:
atv:
atv color:
jersey:
class:

This way i can make sure i get pictures of people who really want them!
Besides i will try to get pictures of everyone that i can anyways!

This year is going to be great!!
Good Luck Guys & Girls!
and i will be sure to get all of those good racing moments!:D

Extreme Photos

the Z Man
02-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Also taking orders for Iowa stickers
C'MON !! Lets represent !!!!!!!
10 bucks plus alil shipping..

the Z Man
02-03-2005, 10:07 PM
5 bucks, same deal for the smaller one... C'MON !!!!! IOWA !!!!!!
sorry for the crappy picture, i'm no photographer like Extremephotos !!

UbeenSmoked
02-03-2005, 10:54 PM
would it cost more if i were to get in a different color? i wouldnt mind have one. let me know

the Z Man
02-04-2005, 02:57 PM
I am not sure on that, I was going to get an order of so many and just gettem all at once, he says he needs to have at least ten to get that price...