PDA

View Full Version : craziest race ever!!!

chris450R
01-25-2005, 12:49 AM
ok this past weekend me and stepbrother(cody, rides an 04 pred. i posted pics in the new pred forum for him) raced in shelbyville, tn at the clasonic arena. it was an arenacross race for those who can't put two and two together:D . well the track was a pretty technical track with some mean whoops. well during our qualifying races i got the holeshot but when i went into turn one i slide into the berm and two wheeled and had to run over the berm. well i thought that i was screwed but in fact everyone kinda piled up behind me except for a few riders. well i managed to get out in front of the rest that piled up and proceeded to make my way to the front. i ended up passing 2-3 people. i didn't keep count. i really didn't think i did as good as i did but i finished 2nd i qualifying. as for cody he got 4th out the holeshot and pretty much stayed there. there were two qualifying races and they took the top 4 from each and then had a LSQ and took the top 2. well we made the main first try. now for the crazy part. we line up and get ready, the gate drops! i come out with the holeshot on the 450R!!:devil: well i make it into the 1st turn good and go into the 1st set of jumps. behind me, cody gets tangled with a 400ex and gets screwed up. well i head into the whoops hammering them pretty good(might i add the new C&D shocks were working great). i made a slight mistake and bam, front flip. my bumper caught the face of the jump. well that put me in last after i finally got going again. well ya'll need to watch the video now and see for yourselves as to what happens next. and try and answer one questoin, who gets the checker flag thrown on them? or who do you think won the race? watch the flagger when you can see him.

calsonic crazy race (http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/download.cgi?mem_id=19852&fil_unique=QfXjj9TM228AAHUOVvI)

03400EX_Nacs
01-25-2005, 01:04 AM
if you hear any bad language it wasn't me :D it was so crazy watching that race it was the sickest one i have ever seen

chris450R
01-25-2005, 09:12 AM
yeah, 03400ex_Nacs is my other stepbrother, and cody's brother. but he is out right now, well for awhile, with torn tendons in his left knee and also chipped bone.

quadrcr161
01-25-2005, 09:44 AM
it asked me for a username and password

that is usually a nice track, are you going to huntsville this weekend? ive busted my nose up at TN one time there and still won my moto, the got 3rd overall. it was a fun weekend. the alabama quad only series schedule is up at sequads.com also

chris450R
01-25-2005, 11:23 AM
well you have to become a memeber to watch the videos. but i will give you mine i suppose if you want to watch it now.

username - chrisfatrat@yahoo.com
password - fatrat

yeah we will be at the huntsville race this weekend. the track up there at calsonic was pretty technical and rough, but still a good track.

quadrcr161
01-25-2005, 11:29 AM
im thinking of riding up to watch, dont really feel like riding. plus i would like to get a look at the c&d rebuild. at shelbyville that year i overjumped the double/tripple at the finish line and nosed into the face of the tripple on the last lap while leading. knocked my helmet crooked, saw stars, busted my goggle and cut up my nose between my eyes. finished the race to win and as i pulled off i had blood running down my face.

Bush0102
01-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by chris450R
well you have to become a memeber to watch the videos. but i will give you mine i suppose if you want to watch it now.

username - chrisfatrat@yahoo.com
password - fatrat

yeah we will be at the huntsville race this weekend. the track up there at calsonic was pretty technical and rough, but still a good track.

Which track in huntsville? I've ridden at JB which is really nice and then another place I forgot the name of...its kindof a crappy track in the middle of a soybean field.

chris450R
01-25-2005, 11:45 AM
hey man what were you racing on last year? and in what class? we were there watching. we weren't actually into racing then. but yeah sure just find us in the pits, earlier the better. there will be a nissan titan and a S-10 together with the 450R and red Predator and maybe a blue yfz too.

chris450R
01-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
Which track in huntsville? I've ridden at JB which is really nice and then another place I forgot the name of...its kindof a crappy track in the middle of a soybean field.

well to tell you the truth bush0102 i am not sure my stepdad has the directions. but i think that it is off of Jordan lane in huntsville. the track that you are talkin about in the soy bean field is rocket city raceway, which is outside. the track we are racing at this weekend is an indoor track. i believe it apart of the alabama arenacross series.

quadrcr161
01-25-2005, 12:00 PM
must be talking about rocket city, this weekend its an arenacross.
flyer (http://www.cornermxpark.com/04_05%20AX%20Schedule/Huntsville.doc)
map (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=4925+Moores+Mill+Road%2C&city=Huntsville&state=al&zipcode=35811)

hey man what were you racing on last year? and in what class? we were there watching. we weren't actually into racing then. but yeah sure just find us in the pits, earlier the better. there will be a nissan titan and a S-10 together with the 450R and red Predator and maybe a blue yfz too.

this was 5 or 6 yrs ago when i did that. ifi go ill be in either a white f250 with open trailer, or a a white f250 with a while 20ft enclosed

Bush0102
01-25-2005, 12:18 PM
wow that race was crazy! You gotta get your butt off the back through those whoops! I love calsonic, i saw a friend race bikes there a while ago...was anyone there clearing any of the doubles?

what class was that?

markk
01-25-2005, 12:53 PM
SOme crazy chit, but i think u won it!

chris450R
01-25-2005, 01:31 PM
yeah that race was so carzy. i know i need to get back farther on the seat. but when i hit one whoop it kinda kicked me up and i could get back far enough in time before i hit the next whoop and then it caught the bumper.

the class we ran was an atv beginnner class. we were going to run atv amateur but one of our friends raced that friday before and he got 10th out of 10 and said in the amateur class was rough as hell. and me and cody decided that since we really haven't had that much experience with whoops that we would run beginner with our other two friends. one had run that friday in the amateur. but the competition was still pretty good in beginner. those guys were definitely not beginners and neither were we. but i think that if i would have run amateur i would have done fine in there too.

atv pro's were hittin all the doubles with no problem. they were doublin throught the whoops no problem. the top guy, who won, was a Keith Little yfz, he bought from him. the guy who won, this is also his first year racing mx. he is just awesome.

and from what i can get out of the video i think i actually finished third. when i flipped i was in last. well when i was getting back on the track 4 people lapped me. then the pile up started and got in front of that. i came back around the track to the pile up and the blue yfz(#57)that was one of the first in the pile up had already gotten by. then tripp on the all black yfz got through, then a 400ex got by(same one that got tangled with cody in the holehsot). then in front of me another blue yfz #32(i think) and i follow him through. now when i went through the pile up i passed all the people who went buy me before and got my lap back from a few of them. so from there i was in fifth place. i proceeded to make a pass in the whoops for 4th then right after that made a pass for third. well when i made the pass for thrid i crossed the finish line and they gave me the white flag(last lap). then came around and gave me the checker flag and the announcer called my name and number that i won. but when we checked the results they had me down for 8th. so they got pretty confused when the pile up happened. but i know where i finished so i don't need a plaque or trophy to show.

03400EX_Nacs
01-25-2005, 01:59 PM
maybe a blue yfz :devil: oh its coming alright lol i will also have footage of the hunsville race if you wanna check it out i will have it up on my website page 4 check it out www.freewebs.com/taylor_racing and there also other video's from previous races check it out

03400EX_Nacs
01-25-2005, 02:02 PM
wow that race was crazy! You gotta get your butt off the back through those whoops! I love calsonic, i saw a friend race bikes there a while ago...was anyone there clearing any of the doubles?

what class was that?
not only were the pros hitting it like chris450r said but most in the amatuer class were hitting them.... if you want i can get the pro class on for download and you can download that... let me know if you want it up

Bush0102
01-25-2005, 02:39 PM
yeah man I'd like to see it- especially that guy on Keith's old YFZ.

Zwanter
01-25-2005, 03:24 PM
oh yeah wasnt that guy at cullman too? the one that won the pro class? man those whoops look ROUGH. you could probably double them though.......i dont see how a quad could skim em. but i'll be at huntsville this weekend. i saw some pics of it and i think its as big as that arena. i just hope it is. but i got my balljoints and tie rod on so i'll be there.

chris450R
01-25-2005, 04:05 PM
yeah the guy that won at cullman was the same guy that won calsonic pro class. his name is nathan willis. he has or did have a yfz with an axle, beadlocks on rear, pro circuit pipe, nerfs, and bars and he was racing pro this past summer(that is when he 1st started) and he was awesome. now he will be unstopable.

03400EX_Nacs
01-25-2005, 04:41 PM
well here it is the pro race enjoy
http://www.eengoedidee.nl/videoz/download.cgi?mem_id=19852&fil_unique=QfbXH9TM228AACX1UxI

foxracingpredat
01-26-2005, 08:43 PM
that is one funny race, its so hrd to tell what lap anyone is on. Did you win?

chris450R
01-26-2005, 08:54 PM
well from what i figured out from watching the video after the race i finished in third. but they were all screwed up bc of the pile up and gave me 8th place and i know for a fact that, that was not right. but i ain't really mad bc i know i finished third and if i had not wrecked on the whoops when i had the holeshot i would have run away with it. but we will be racing in huntsville thsi weekend so i will make up for that race.

03400EX_Nacs
01-26-2005, 11:55 PM
funny thing is that cody (on the pred) placed 7th in front of chris and you see chris lap him when cody gets caught up with another guy