PDA

View Full Version : Tire Help

04-29-2002, 08:56 AM
I have a 400EX & I’m thinking about new tires, I ride in sand pits with some good hill climbing but that’s just 1 spot the rest is just trail riding dirt hard pack clay its basic quarry/pits. My question is should I go with ITP HoleShot XCT’s or more like a Maxxis AllTrack. How are the HoleShot XCT’s @ hill climbing? any input?
Sorry for the long post.

Ex'r Marlin
04-29-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by <~The~Kid~>
How are the HoleShot XCT’s @ hill climbing?
I had a rough time with hill climbs with my XCT (22") rear tires until I went with a 14 tooth front sprocket. But then again, I'm a fat butt!:rolleyes:

If you have your stockers, and feel you need more ground clearance, the ITP Holeshot XC (20") tires have a little bigger diameter than the stock 20" tires. If you don't have a problem with ground clearance on your rides, I recomend the XCR's by ITP!!!

Note: The big XCT's rub some horsepower..... They are a bit on the heavy side!:mad: But they definetly add some ground clearance and are puncture resistant!:)

04-29-2002, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the post, the only 1 may I add. I am running stock tires & would like a little more ground clearance so ill look @ the XCR's. Any one else?

Ex'r Marlin
04-29-2002, 12:23 PM
The XCR's are very close in diameter to the stockers. The XCR's are just a little smaller in diameter than the 20" Holeshot XC's, so if you want a "little" more clearance than the stockers, I would recomend the XC's rather than the XCR's.

Good luck.

R-Crazy
04-29-2002, 07:48 PM
i like my razrs. they are beasts; but that is totally off the topic.

dave

05-01-2002, 10:56 AM
i just bought the exr's but what should i put up front??
xct's???

Ex'r Marlin
05-01-2002, 11:27 AM
I have ITP XCT's front tires (which are 23"). I do not recommend them if you are running 20" rear tires or smaller. The taller fronts will give you excellent rear traction, but it will also cause the atv to push more in turns because you altered the weight ration of the atv. (The lower the front end, the more steering you will have and less rear traction, The higher the front end, the less steering you will have and more rear traction.

I am planning to replace my XCT front tires with 22" front tires.

Note: I really like my other set-up with my XCR's in back and my 20" MX fronts....... Until I ride through some very uneven terrain!:rolleyes:

Some riders with the smaller tires in the back do not like the taller tires up front..... For me, if I had to make a decision, I would run 22" front tires with 20" rear tires.... For the kind of riding I do (trails/hare scrambles).

eldoexrider01
05-02-2002, 07:09 PM
i was thinking about gettin the XCR's because they are close to the stock diameter, but also considering getting the XC's. which would be better for sliding in dirt, gravel, and sand? ive heard the XCR's start to slide easier than other holeshots.