PDA

View Full Version : Vent thread

Mxjunkie
01-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Sorry guys but I have to vent badly, My cr suddenly has taken up motor problems and looks like like im on motor #4, plugs black and wet, 60 on a compression test when its suppose to be 160 soo im very mad. my dad could careless about me riding and my bike anymore he told me to go put it in our poolhouse which is falling down etc. i know he wont fix it and i dont have anymoney whats so ever to fix it so if i find out the motors blown i was thinking about quiting riding till i get a job or something to get a quad because this cr has been more pain and misery then it has been riding to be perfectly honest, First when i bought it we put the reed and pipe, air cleaner so i take it out riding and tryed a few holeshots and my hub breaks in half, once all that was done with the new chains, sprockets and hub, a few spokes it was close to 600 dollars.

so recently it finaly needed a rebuild so we put it togather, but once i rode it for 2 minutes the clip moved from the piston and it caused the pin to move trashing my cylinder and new piston. that was 200 dollars for gaskets and pistion, sparkplug etc. So we went out and bought a new cylinder,piston,sparkplug gaskets and all that was 500 dollars. oh cant forget the steering stem bearings going bad and we had to replace them. then the hub bearings going back so had to replace them.

So all in all ive spent too much money on this bike and im getting pretty pissed off at it and im to the point of quiting and not even fixing it this time. :mad: Im just a little too big for the bike, so I dont know if the extra weight is to much for the motor or what. but i guess i'll have to see what happens..

Nausty
01-24-2005, 08:08 PM
honestly, i know ur just venting but **** gets a LOT worse than this.:( Try and keep your chin up, do whats gotta be done and don't do nothing stupid and it will work out.

Just gotta bad straw.

Syrus
01-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Hmm.. that sucks, but then again, u gotta realise your trail riding a 2 stroke race bike, wat you need is a 4 stroke buddy :p

Also you said you broke your hub in half ? My CR 80 did the samething, weird... they must have bad stock hubs on the 80's, its not really a common problem for other dirtbikes.

Mxjunkie
01-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
Hmm.. that sucks, but then again, u gotta realise your trail riding a 2 stroke race bike, wat you need is a 4 stroke buddy :p

Also you said you broke your hub in half ? My CR 80 did the samething, weird... they must have bad stock hubs on the 80's, its not really a common problem for other dirtbikes.

my friends did as well, btw i dont ride trails really, im usually racing around my track and doing fmx/wheelies..

416exrider
01-24-2005, 08:19 PM
haha suck it up you cry baby give me a break u pansy it aint that bad FIX IT!

AtvMxRider
01-24-2005, 08:20 PM
You want to play your going to pay. This is a very expensive sport we are in.

AtvMxRider
01-24-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by 416exrider
haha suck it up you cry baby give me a break u pansy it aint that bad FIX IT!

416exrider
01-24-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

You gay boy?

Nausty
01-24-2005, 08:26 PM
this forum is the best.:o

416exrider
01-24-2005, 08:28 PM
lol just playin guys cant you take a joke?

FourFiftyFour
01-24-2005, 08:34 PM
i was racing B class yesterday and my clutch totally screwed up....it sucked, i was goin up a jump and then it wouldnt go anywhere...i was like WTF?! so yeah i know about the machines tickin u off! ill get her goin for the lake whitney national tho :cool:

Syrus
01-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by 416exrider
lol just playin guys cant you take a joke?

No, your annoying and should be banned, please dont reply with immature posts, thank you come again :D

And Mxjunkie... like i said, for what you do, you need a 4 stroke. Once you go 4, you'll never go back :devil: I know rebuilding a motor at ur age is a bit of a ***** when you dont have the money, but your riding a 2 stroke, wat do you expect. You cant just throw some gas in it and check the oil every few weeks, there a lot you need to keep a 2 stroke in decent condition, and spending some money is one of it.

By the sounds of thing, you dont sound to hard done by, if your dad wont pay for another rebuild, then time to find money yourself, and maybe learn how to rebuild that 80 yourself too, for future refrence. But its not the end of the world, she'll be purrin someday soon :macho

Mxjunkie
01-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
No, your annoying and should be banned, please dont reply with immature posts, thank you come again :D

And Mxjunkie... like i said, for what you do, you need a 4 stroke. Once you go 4, you'll never go back :devil: I know rebuilding a motor at ur age is a bit of a ***** when you dont have the money, but your riding a 2 stroke, wat do you expect. You cant just throw some gas in it and check the oil every few weeks, there a lot you need to keep a 2 stroke in decent condition, and spending some money is one of it.

By the sounds of thing, you dont sound to hard done by, if your dad wont pay for another rebuild, then time to find money yourself, and maybe learn how to rebuild that 80 yourself too, for future refrence. But its not the end of the world, she'll be purrin someday soon :macho

thing is i know how to rebuild it, im not mechanicly challenged i just dont have the money ;) as for the four stroke, ive been trying for over a year to get one, its not happening anytime soon, theres no money. Im getting a job asap soo maybe she will be purring soon, maybe even sooner if i figure out anothe possible reason it did this..

Chanman420q
01-25-2005, 12:57 AM
im in your situation too. My 400ex blew a head gasket in july. not a real big deal, but after paying close to a 1000 dollars to get the motor redone ( dont ask ) and waiting over 3 months and having stupid little problems ( like the ones u were having ) i just couldnt stand to fix it. The quad has been parked in the garage since then. I cant bring my self to part it out because i keep telling my self i want to get back into riding. Snap, the quad still has the mud on it right now from july. Im just sick of wasting money, this is a fun sport, but its to costly. I sold my pep suspention off of it, and spent the money on a system for my car. Just try to find something else that interests you. Believe me i want to ride still but im not gunna deal with the stress and money. Long run its not worth it. I wish i could get every penny back i ever spent on that thing.

markk
01-25-2005, 01:43 AM
That does suck man i understand the money situation, I work at a little Burger Joint, And craped my teeth all race season to make it work out for me. And im stilly paying ppl off as we speak, And i wont get to make it to Tx with all my buddies for the GNCC.

Id say to looking into over sized rings, and mabey just buy a set of those and put her back togeather, And just check your oil/fuel mix and keep on riding! Rings are cheap, Just dont eat lunch one week!