PDA

View Full Version : How to adjust AXIS shocks?!

CorvetteZ06
01-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Hey guys, I have a pair of long travel triple rate Axis on my 250R. My question is how do I adjust the ride hieght?? And what does the blue thing on the bottom adjust?. Can the ride height be adjusted when shocks bolted on the quad, or do they have to come off? thanx!

INFANTRY RACING
01-24-2005, 06:03 PM
you adjust by turning the collar nut on the top of the springs. the bottom adj. would be a rebound adjustment

QuadRacer041
01-24-2005, 06:35 PM
i think he ment the front shocks.

keep the shocks on the quad and put it up on a crate so the wheels are off the ground.push down on the collar thats above the top spring and youll see a clip move the clip up ot down to adjust the ride height then release the collar.might be easier with 2 people.
look at the arrows in the picture those are the collars you need to push down

CorvetteZ06
01-24-2005, 06:53 PM
quadracer-- Thanx! the shocks are brand new, but i think the ride heaight is too low casue if i get on the front bumper and rock up and down real hard I can get the frame to just barely hit the ground... this is probably cause they ride hieght is too low.. right? thanx

QuadRacer041
01-26-2005, 04:58 AM
not nesicarily, sit on your bike and move up colse to your gas tank, have a buddy measure from the ground to the frame right at your footpegs and from the ground to your frame right were it starts to curve up by the rear a arm mount. for mx you should be about 6 1/2"-8", for xc i would say about 9"

changing the ride height only does that change the ride height, it sounds like maybe the shocks are too soft.but ride it first and see, before you call axis.

INFANTRY RACING
01-26-2005, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
i think he ment the front shocks.

yeah i have never owned axis. i was guessing:D