PDA

View Full Version : Crappindale

harebounder
04-29-2002, 06:36 AM
Ok this is my interpretation of those machines. I raced yesterday ok i ran into the back of this ten thousand dollar machine twice. It look to me as a brand new blaze the start of the race. It ended with a few dings and messed up number plate in the back. Scenario for you people I am riding i come up on him going up a hill he runs out of power. Let me repeat, the big fast cannondale runs out of power going up the hill so i bump him to hope push him up the hill his machine stalls. Now i have to roll back down the hill wait for him to crank his reliant K-car starter to get his machine to start because it won't start right away. He gets going again i am pushing him through the woods again yelling for him to let me by. Guess what we come to, another hill. Yep you guessed it, this time i really hit him. Managed to get by the guy while he was once again turning the K-car over because it wouldn't start. Cannondale fans don't even bother with telling me your story the guy couldn't ride or he doesn't now how to ride or it's the fastest production machine out there. If he doesn't know how to ride stop waisting your money on a ten thousand dollar machine and buy something like a blaster, 250ex, mojave, he!! buy a LT 80. I don't know something that can climb a hill and not lose power.

04-29-2002, 07:33 AM
maybe he didn't know were the throttle wuz at??:huh

CranMan
04-29-2002, 08:18 AM
Dude...be realistic here...just because some guy stalls his quad doesn't make his quad a piece of crap. I guess you think some rookie couldnt stall a 400ex?? I happend to ride a 2002 C-Dale Speed this weekend, and those things rip!!! The throttle response is instant, and my piped, cammed, 416'd EX got beat pretty good. So I think you need to post about stupid riders, not crappy quads that are probably alot better than what you've got.....

DEAL
04-29-2002, 08:28 AM
I hear you have to drive cannondales like 2-strokes which means they will loose power going up a hill but you have to know how to clutch them to keep the power going.

XC250R
04-29-2002, 01:31 PM
Yeah, one of my friends has a Speed, and it is about the closest I can get to my bike from a four stroke.

Sleeping Catfish
04-29-2002, 02:02 PM
i believe it.

dawzie
04-29-2002, 02:31 PM
Hey, if you were at the NEATV race, I know the guy you are talking about. His machine was tuned to run WAY to rich. With all that high humidity and rain/MUD his machine fouled a plug. It is funny because he posted a reply on Waldens site about what happened to him.

harebounder
04-29-2002, 03:42 PM
Bro the machine was running like crap for being brand new the conditions were real muddy but if i paid that much money i would be upset I was running out of power i heard how it sounded. but apparently he didn't hear me and this isn't the first time. last year same problem with a different guy he got introduced to my front bumper also. I am not saying that i can beat one of those machine in a drag race but i will if we have to both run through a puddle

freakystone
04-29-2002, 06:24 PM
Get a Z400. Suzuki finally updated their site and there is a comparision of the 400EX and Raptor on it. Some cool action pics too.

JBBSPEED
04-29-2002, 06:44 PM
Dude I do not know you so I will hold back on calling you an Idiot. Before you judge a Quad you need to ride it. There could have been a number of things that kept him from making it up the hill. ( bad plug, bad mapping, bad gas, poor rider, clogged fuel filter) everyone could have happened to a 400ex too. As far as you being faster well dude I got news for you there is always someone else faster then YOU, unless you are Bill balance or something. The Cannondale motor is not weak and to think it is, is just plain dumb. The Blaze has more power then the raptor and better handling then a 400ex. But you would not know that because you have never ridden one. I love a 400ex and I never bash them because they are great quads I do bash raptor because they handle so bad. BUT before you bash it you need to ride it.

04-29-2002, 07:11 PM
its not all power , but my 400 is dead compared to banshees and stuff it runs out of power quciker thats the only thing i hate about it i need a 450 ex or somin

400exredrider
04-29-2002, 07:45 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!! another cdale guy!!!!!!! THIS IS A HONDA WEB SITE (EXRIDERS) 400exs 300exs 250exs 250rs..and so on :blah please dont dis a 400ex on your first post cause i know as a fact a stock 400 handles way better and a 465 will smoke a cdale......not flaming just proving a point:D

400exredrider
04-29-2002, 07:48 PM
ok ok sorry jbbspeed..i didnt full read your post! o and by the way welcome to EXriders!:blah

harebounder
04-29-2002, 08:20 PM
Jbbspeed lets get one thing straight here I am not jacking up my riding skills. There are alot of people that ride faster than me you might be one of them. I am simply stating my past experiences with these machines i have seen the same one several times last year and he had the very same problem as this guy did yesterday on all different riding conditions. Etc. loss of power, not starting right away, stalling If i see this guy at the next race I will update everyone on what happened to his machine or if it happens again. What i was more upset about is he was holding me up and wouldn't pull over enough to let me by. It was still running at the end because i seen him come through. Now my machine started spitting and sputtering a little bit also at the end of the race. I also didn't spend ten grand on it. So take your idiot comments back to kindergarten. I was wondering why magazines talk these machines up and don't run them in real world conditions. I am just doing the job most of us riders and consumers want these magazines to do. "Tell the truth"

JBBSPEED
04-29-2002, 08:24 PM
I know this is a EX site but a friend of mine who has been a member over here for a long time told me what that dude had said about the Blaze. AS far as a stock 400ex having better handling well i will just say i disagree. and if you build it to a 465 I am sure the power will be awesome the 400ex is a great quad and with all the after market stuff it is hard to beat. but you will spend just as much to get it up to my quad and I will have a warranty and fuel injection that just said good bye to ya. Honda needs to bring back the 250r and build a 450excr. This may be a EX site but guys I have a warrning for you. Honda has some Competition and it is Made in America!

JBBSPEED
04-29-2002, 08:40 PM
I know this is a EX site but a friend of mine who has been a member over here for a long time told me what that dude had said about the Blaze. AS far as a stock 400ex having better handling well i will just say i disagree. and if you build it to a 465 I am sure the power will be awesome the 400ex is a great quad and with all the after market stuff it is hard to beat. but you will spend just as much to get it up to my quad and I will have a warranty and fuel injection that just said good bye to ya. Honda needs to bring back the 250r and build a 450excr. This may be a EX site but guys I have a warrning for you. Honda has some Competition and it is Made in America! As far as the Cdale not starting good. It is true they start slow. It take the fuel injection two cycles to fire up. In that time every one else has took off. But to say it does not have enough power to make it up the hill? Thats crazy. The poeple you have seen in a race have something wrong with there quad or they are trying to go up it in to high of a gear. Look I have ridden stock 400ex and two 440 and a 416ex and I have more power then all of them. I ride Mountain trails here in NC and I have had no problem going up any hills. Infact I have had to change my sprock from 42 to 40 teeth in the back becuase I have to much power in the lower gears.

Sleeping Catfish
04-29-2002, 09:02 PM
i think as i ride my cannibal it heats up and loses power, maybe it is just me getting used to the power though.

04-29-2002, 09:11 PM
how much stuff have u broke or had trouble wit cuz ive heard bad things about them

harebounder
04-29-2002, 09:20 PM
I like your american pride JB. I also like a factory backed American Atv company out there and honestly would like to see the cannondale wip some a** so it gets these big companys like honda, yamaha, kawasaki, and susuki. Don't start with team green backs up Willy Y. That isn't a factory frame or produced quad. Anyway it will take them awhile from what i have seen to make realiability first priority. That is what sells more quads than speed. If your machine is in the shop you can't win races. I did see raptor 400ex warriors blaster lt250 250r all on the side of the trail at the race and the one cannondale that was there did make it back so i guess i have to give him the odds.

JBBSPEED
04-30-2002, 07:44 PM
Freeride I have had one problem with my quad. It had a defective fuel pump that was replaced under warranty with no charge to me. The Good people at ALCO dealership fix it in one day. Other then that it has run just great. I am so pleased I bought it.

Sleepingcatfish- If you think you are loosing power when it gets hot, you may be. When did you buy your Cann? If it wasn't built after 3-1-02 then your fuel line maybe the problem. At the Cannondale site under tune up tips they will tell you about a vapor lock problem people are having on older models. Cannondale ran the fuel line over the top of the motor. When the motor heats up it turns the fuel in the fuel line into vapor, which causes the quad to stall or loose some power. To fix this is easy, you dont even need any tools. Unhook the fuel line from your gas tank and fish it back to your fuel pump. Then fish the fuel line around the right side of the motor (opposite of the exhaust side) and hook it back up to the gas tank. You may want to us some wire ties to keep it from moving around now that it has more slack in it. I hope this helps you. Until later Peace.

JBBSPEED
04-30-2002, 08:12 PM
Harebounder I am not trying to make an enemy of you. My post to you was a little strong but if you go back and read your original post on the subject, someone would think you where talking about a Polaris. Now that would be fighting words where I am from. The Cdale is no PO PO. ..... I do agree with you on The big Jap manufactures need to build better sport quads. I think this new Z400 is going to be pretty nice. I hope that the Cdales and the Z400 make Honda do something about it and as far as Kawi. I would not bye anything from them because they have had a sport 250kx out in front of us in all the GNCC and then not making it, that sucks. Remember one thing Cannondale is New to ATV's They may still have some learning to do but can you name any Company that has came out of the box in there first two years with such a bang. I tell you what lets end this argument right now and if we ever meet you can ride my Speed and then tell everyone what you think of a Crapndale. Just bring your check book because I know where there is a good dealer that we can go to after you ride it.

harebounder
04-30-2002, 09:59 PM
Jbbspeed it sounds good maybe we got off on the wrong foot. I ride a 2001 400ex now don't knock polaris sleds. Then maybe we will have problems again Jk. I still have my banshee that i ran last year. So i do know power and rider skill. I would love to ride one of those cannondales or a raptor. If you look back in dirt wheels on the first test of the raptor they claimed it handle just as good as the 400. Then when they did their shootout and further test it didn't thats why i post what i see not to rip on machines not to put down other peoples ride just telling the truth that we pay five dollars an issue to see what manufacturer pay the most to talk their product up. I do extensive research on everything before i buy it. So i feel my opinion and knowledge has some background to it.

JabberJaw
05-01-2002, 08:27 AM
I think the Taliban pee'd in his gas.

BADASSBOMB
05-01-2002, 10:30 AM
im with JabberJaw blame it all on the taliban for it .

no for real tho you can,t nock those cannindales untill you ride one they run strong . i have a buddy that has one of the first fx,s he has had a lot of problems but they did fix it all for free . but we have rode in every type of conditions from snow to pooring rain and that bike always runs hard .

just my 02.

Sleeping Catfish
05-01-2002, 02:02 PM
some guy at atvconnection had a friend with a blaze and the front shocks locked up during the race.

Derno24
05-01-2002, 02:50 PM
so how do shocks just lock up, and besides cannondale doesn't make the shocks OHLINS does.

Sleeping Catfish
05-01-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
so how do shocks just lock up, and besides cannondale doesn't make the shocks OHLINS does.

who gives a crap who makes them, cdale puts them on their bikes.

Derno24
05-01-2002, 08:17 PM
You didn't answer my question how do shocks lock up.