PDA

View Full Version : 400ex tie rods/ends

bama400ex
01-24-2005, 02:09 PM
i was just gonna let you know that putting 400ex tie rods on a predator is simple. if you ever look at the tie rod ends on a predator, they look like junk compared to hondas. i wore mine out in about 7 mons. so i had some 400ex tie rods laying around that was about 2 years old. the ends are tight and they feel like they are brand new. so i figured i would try them out since they appear to be better quality. my riding conditions and style hasnt changed since i had the 400ex and like i said the ends are still tight. so how much trouble is it to put them on a predator? all you have to is drill all the tie rod end holes out with a .397 drill bit. and then adjust them almost all the way together and they bolt right up. the only thing is the tie rod ends are a little bit higher i think when they do wear out. but i looked around on ebay and you can get all 4 honda rod ends for about $80. im not going to buy the predator tie rod ends every 8 mons. for $17 a piece. its really a very simple swap just make sure you drill the holes like they are from the factory and you will be fine. any questions just let me know.

QuadJunkies
01-25-2005, 01:05 AM
I didnt know that... :huh
that might come in handySince I also own a Honda !! Thanks for that info!!