PDA

View Full Version : Sparks Exhaust ... help quick !!!

Quad18star
01-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Alright guys .. I'm looking at buying a used Sparks pipe for my YFZ . The guy told me its a new version pipe , recently ceramic coated and so on . It also has a spark arrestor . Here is what the guy wrote to me .

"i live in oklahoma
no dents....i dont jump very high or race it
i repacked it about 40hours ago...and the can doesnt get hot like the packing is burnt up. there is no warranty though sorry, but i think its only 20 for stuff to repack it.

the only reason i repacked it was the spark arrestor core came with new packing and the old packing didnt look bad after about 60 hours on it. the only thing is i lost the end piece to the supertrap spark arrestor. i have all the other plates just lost the end piece and one bolt. i could get the bolt if you want."

I've never dealt with a Sparks exhaust or an aftermarket exhaust with the Spark Arrestor before ... my question is , Does anyone know if you can buy this end piece that he says he's missing??
Would I be able to remove the spark arrestor and just run the exhaust with a turn down tip ?

Thanks for any help guys .

Quad18star
01-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Here is the original PM .

I have standard core and spark arrestor core($110 from sparks) also had the exhaust recoated after i installed a oxygen sensor bung on the header for tuning in september 2004. the exhaust has the latest update from sparks with the slip joint and spring at the mid pipe to canister connection. i want 350+shipping

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/wannarun/Picture027.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/wannarun/Picture026.jpg

tryken
01-24-2005, 12:53 PM
I don't know what a Sparks pipe for the YFZ costs new, but for that price with the endcap missing I would get a new one.

Quad18star
01-24-2005, 12:59 PM
A new sparks pipe is $459US . :ermm: or $700 Canadian .

$350US converted to Canadian $$ is 430 . :(

Bush0102
01-24-2005, 01:51 PM
I would just save the extra money and buy new. I have a friend that always buys used parts for his 400EX and he winds up getting burned 9 times out of 10. As for the price issue, are you set on getting a sparks pipe? I would look at the HMF Ballance Series pipe if you're looking to get a really good pipe for the money- I believe its $229 US for the slip-on.

K_Fulk
01-24-2005, 03:39 PM
A new end cap should be pretty cheap. If I was in your shoes I would get it. Does he still have the original core for it? Try to get that too if he does.

Quad18star
01-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Ya he does have the original core for it also and the spark arrestor . And like he said , it was ceramic coated after he added that little thing for an oxygen censor , which from the pictures looks to be in great shape .

As far as the HMF exhaust , there just something about their exhausts that turn me off . I don't have a clue what it is . :confused: