PDA

View Full Version : GNCC What class?

300exOH
01-24-2005, 12:17 PM
My wife is wanting to race my 300ex and I was wondering what classes she can ride. I have the shockmount bracket(bolt on) with custom length Elkas. Will this affect which class she can race? Would she race in womens class or maybe first year? Maybe sport class?
Thanks

79400ex
01-24-2005, 01:04 PM
She should race the women class. However, if she has never raced before then problay race the first year class. the women are very fast riders.

popo
01-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
My wife is wanting to race my 300ex and I was wondering what classes she can ride. I have the shockmount bracket(bolt on) with custom length Elkas. Will this affect which class she can race? Would she race in womens class or maybe first year? Maybe sport class?
Thanks

Missy Legg races a blaster, she has competed in both morning and afternoon. She prefers the morning women class because the track seems to be a bit smoother and my feelings, the more women on the front row the better for there class.

Q: What ATVs can compete in the Sport class?

A: This class is restricted to the following ATV models: Honda 250X, 250EX and 300EX; Kawasaki Mojave 250 and Lakota 300; Polaris Trail Blazer; Suzuki Quad Sport 230, 250 and Z-250; and Yamaha Blaster, Warrior and Raptor 350. Modifications are legal, but the class requires an OEM frame (stock) and matching engine combination. Gusseting or bracing the frame is legal. The maximum engine displacement is 350cc.

bradley300
01-24-2005, 04:41 PM
for a first time woman racer ona sport class quad, i recomend the sport class over womens or first year and here is why"
1. sport is never more than 20 riders.
2. it starts last row, so you have a lap or two to get a fell before you get lapped
3. its a little slower than the womens, so theres a little more competition.

first year is a huge class and i wouldnt want to start on the first row either, even tho womens is small. sport seems to have the best advantages of both of those classes w/o the downfalls

300exOH
01-24-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the advice. I was thinking sport class too. It's good to know the increased suspension travel won't be an issue. :cool:

I do like the idea of her starting form the back in a smaller class. How tough would the Ohio gncc races be for a first timer?

bradley300
01-24-2005, 06:26 PM
St. clairsville is pretty wide open and millfield is a very good general track, little bit of everything. if the weather cooperates its a great beginer track. I also suggest you try the sparta race, its another great track

300exOH
01-25-2005, 07:30 AM
Cool. Thanks for the info. It sounds like Millfield and St. clairsville are about as easy as they come. The weather is always a big IF in Ohio. After checking out the GNCC site it sounds like Sparta is a little more advanced. Now to get her some more seat time and a tether.:devil:

bradley300
01-25-2005, 07:43 AM
popo, didnt missy switch to a yellow 400ex once she decided to stay in womens? i know she was in womens on her blasty and came to sport then went back

popo
01-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
popo, didnt missy switch to a yellow 400ex once she decided to stay in womens? i know she was in womens on her blasty and came to sport then went back

Don't know.