PDA

View Full Version : Carb questions

kyex40047
01-24-2005, 10:23 AM
I have had alot of problems with my bike fouling plugs. I don't think it is the main jet, because it runs fine with a new plug then after about an hour or so of riding it starts to foul out and by the end of the race (about 2 hours) it dies. Also i have been using alot of gas latley and my floats have been sticking too. I have heard that 250r stock carbs have had problems with the fuel foaming in the float bowl. Could this cause some problems? Also my throttle has been stickking alot. I am sure that it is down in the carb, like the slide is stuck open and will not close, but it is only after I go through mud and water.

zedicus00
01-24-2005, 12:34 PM
i dont know about the fuel foaming but i would say yur float is sticking and possibly a worn needle. sounds like time for a rebuild kit. or a carb upgrade.

beak7707
01-27-2005, 06:27 PM
I would upgrade, my aftermarket carb was the best thing I put on my R. I race XC and went with ESR's mikuni TMX 36mm best carb for xc in my opinion. The stock carbs are out of date and worn out, call ESR they sold me on it and I'm glad they did.