PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Problem???

rhandw69
04-28-2002, 10:22 PM
My father in law has a 92 Polaris 250 Scrambler.
It really seems to be leaking horribly at the lower exhaust fittings. The one that connect to the head and then to the main pipe. All thats really holding it in is springs. It seems like it was designed wrong because of the way the angle is set, it doesnt allow for the whole "u" like shaped pipe piece fit correctly in both ends. So then when you start it up and ride it leaks exhasuast down low. THen on de-celleration it backfires like a bomb, and sometimes blows the hole pipe fitting all the way off. Is there anyone familiar with this problem, or does he just need to replace the whole exhaust.
THanks

MIKE400EX
04-29-2002, 08:56 AM
If it's leaking it will backfire. Sounds like the exhaust is twisted or not lined up correctly.

04-30-2002, 07:23 PM
It could be packing that is in the exhaust.You may have to buy some packing and re-pack it.That could be the problem!

05-01-2002, 06:13 PM
my old polaris trail blazer 250 had the same problem, it fit horribly at the fittings and that spring design sucked on it. didnt have it long, i eventually put a hot seat pipe on it and sold it. gotta honda under my *** now.:p

phatswinn
05-04-2002, 11:54 AM
well, if i was him id buy a honda, my moms bf has a scrambler 400 that weve already put 4 new pistons in, a new fan motor for the radiatior on, re-biult the trans mission new tierods....the list just goes on, the put a strongish motor in a heavy chassis then put sport plastic on it, all it is ,is a tank, a very high maintnece tank